Closed Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Sad to see Zac go, his dad not so much. Still no love for Cindy, but much love for Bill and Cathi.. shes got some spunk in her! Had to giggle when the Boards called Amani ARmani. They dont strike me as the Armani type, lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yeah, Cindy was just determined they would come in first and, as Bill and Cathy were second, they got chosen for the uturn. If the boarders had been second at the detour Cindy would have uturned them. I'm more interested in why Bill and Cathy chose Lawrence and Zac over, say, Marcus and Amani, or the stupid couple.
    The bunnies were so adorable. I was rather glad for the two uturns as it meant more bunnies!
    I wish everyone would have had to do the racing bunnies. The people who did it seemed to have a lot more fun--and honestly, it probably saved Marcus and Amani a bundle of time.

Oh, dear. I seem to have established a nickname. Is it terrible that I don't feel bad that you're now calling them the stupid couple too?

CCL

What, stupid couple is not their given names?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Copenhagen just made higher up on our bucket list! I'd love to stay on that boat hotel where the pit stop was.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Copenhagen just made higher up on our bucket list! I'd love to stay on that boat hotel where the pit stop was.

I want to go to that curvy tower. And the rabbit races.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

FYI: There's footage of the 2010 Danish bunny racing championships on youtube. Apparently, there are several categories--there's a high jump and a long jump and a sort of steeplechase course, in addition to the straight line course we saw on AR. Seems like most of the humans involved are young, blonde women, who sort of click and cluck at their rabbits to encourage them.

In the steeplechase course, one of the jumps was built like a Viking ship with Danish flags. Way cute.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    What, stupid couple is not their given names?
    It's just so much more convenient to call them that, isn't it?: the Snowboarders, Ma and Pa, and the Stupid Couple.

You guys are cracking me up. The Stupid Couple! Ha! Thanks, Tilden.

I loved watching Marcus with the bunnies. After so many bad decisions, it was nice to see he could still enjoy himself.

Life on the farm sure has been good to Bill and Cathi. They looked great in the body-building preview.
    sparklete likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Despite the uturn, Zac and Dad beat the stupid couple out of the roadblock and now they're racing for the pit stop.

Jeremy and Sandy (aka the stupid couple) somehow make it to the pit stop first, because, miraculously, Sandy suddenly knows how to read a map.

Lawrence and Zac are philiminated. Lawrence says "Fair enough" and Zac says they had a good time. Lawrence also says that it would have been nice to win a million but that's not what it's all about, and Zac says it's not about the money because some of the happiest, most generous people he's met have been the poorest.
    I do wonder if Jeremy and Sandy weren't the fifth team to check in, but advanced because of a penalty given to Lawrence and Zac. I mean, they did drive on the shoulder to pass traffic, and that's illegal in most countries.

Not that I liked the Dad, but I did feel sorry for Zac being eliminated. Lawrence had a horrid attitude when Bill and Cathy U-Turned them whereas said could did call Ernie and Cindy "bastards," but it had a chuckle in the tone of sorts. They weren't super upset IMHO.

I do feel that Ernie and Cindy didn't need to U-Turn Bill and Cathy from the looks of the time it took for them to check in, but that was their choice. I was impressed though that the snowboarders let Bill and Cathy check in just before they did. (I know however it'd been a different story if B/C didn't U-Turn Lawrence and Zac - both of whom the snowboarders knew were behind them so at worse they'd been fifth).

Personally I think Bill and Cathi U-Turned Lawrence and Zac because they knew that they were skilled at tasks whereas Marcus and Armani are not. It's one reason they chose the rabbit jump challenge - it was more skill of the rabbits jumping over the hurdles than set up whereas the butter took time to create. (It had to be at least an hour unless the buttermilk was already graining some).

I loved Marcus' pep talk to the rabbit and the humor there, as well as Bill saying that they had to get another rabbit because the other one was tired.

Glad they went to Copenhagen, beautiful city and overall friendly people from the looks of things. Found it interesting that it looks like they also drive on the same side of the road as we do in America... which was interesting given that most of the countries they've traveled to have been the opposite side.

Fun episode, and next week looks like it will be very interesting and funny. (And yes, Bill and Cathy look very good for their age - though I don't think either thought they'd be doing what they're doing next week).

Copenhagen is a beautiful city with friendly people. Two things stuck out when I visited it about 5 years ago: everyone road bicycles and all the young people smoked. When we road by office buildings, instead of cars parked in the parking lot, there were bikes. You could "borrow" a bike in certain blocks , take it to where ever you were trying to go and return the bike to the next "borrow" station.....all free. They also had the right of way, so stand back or you would get run over if you were crossing the street..! I guess riding bikes was more to save on gas, which is very expensive there, than for health reasons, because, as I mentoned, everyone smoked. All of this might have changed by now.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Closed Thread