Closed Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Re: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp View Post
    I don't get all the Cindy & Ernie hate. The reason they U-turned Bill & Cathy is simple, Bill & Cathy were in 2nd place to their 1st at the time and they (Cindy & Ernie) wanted to be absolutlely sure (after their mistake last week not U-turning the snowboarders) that they would get a first place. Bill & Cathy were in no danger of being eliminated as they came in second.
    I didn't like them before the u-turn issue...still don't.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

They aren't my favourite couple. Far from it. But I do get the Uturn decision. I think they should have thought long term and Uturned the snowboarders, but from the way Bill and Cathy have been racing, they can certainly be considered serious competition as well. Cindy was being shortsighted for sure, but I also agree it was a knee-jerk reaction to the first place loss from last week.

I think their less-than-agreeable moments have at least been offset by some nicer moments: specifically, Cindy laughing while trapped under the bed and this last episode where she so enjoyed Ernie dancing learning the dance and wearing the costume. They aren't the best couple to race, but they are far from the worst, IMO. I'm thinking of "My Ox is Broken!" man, here.
    spockwhat likes this.

I don't get all the Cindy & Ernie hate. The reason they U-turned Bill & Cathy is simple, Bill & Cathy were in 2nd place to their 1st at the time and they (Cindy & Ernie) wanted to be absolutlely sure (after their mistake last week not U-turning the snowboarders) that they would get a first place. Bill & Cathy were in no danger of being eliminated as they came in second.
    Agreed. And one could argue that it's NOT just about winning ONE leg with that strategy. Coming in first is more than just winning the prize that goes with it. You get to depart first on the next leg. Sure, everyone might bunch up at an airport or something. Then again, might not. There can be a big advantage to being in first.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 11-17-2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Typo
    sweetpea likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    They aren't my favourite couple. Far from it. But I do get the Uturn decision. I think they should have thought long term and Uturned the snowboarders, but from the way Bill and Cathy have been racing, they can certainly be considered serious competition as well. Cindy was being shortsighted for sure, but I also agree it was a knee-jerk reaction to the first place loss from last week.

I think their less-than-agreeable moments have at least been offset by some nicer moments: specifically, Cindy laughing while trapped under the bed and this last episode where she so enjoyed Ernie dancing learning the dance and wearing the costume. They aren't the best couple to race, but they are far from the worst, IMO. I'm thinking of "My Ox is Broken!" man, here.
    Colin! He was hilarious. :p
    sweetpea likes this.

Thought it was telling that even the snowboarders were suprised they weren't Uturned - almost sounded like they were expecting it.

I don't think it is so much hate as watching a couple make some dumb moves. They had an express pass, they used it to no advantage. They U turned Cathy and Bill when strategicly it would have been smarter to U Turn a bigger rival. Based on racing speed alone U Tuning any other team with a fast male partner made better sense.
    sweetpea, sclilred1 and sparklete like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Closed Thread