Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare
    Nope it was Ma, sweet lady that she is.LOL
    No, it was Bill.

Also, someone U-turns you, you have every right to call them bastards... just like Lawrence had a right to call Bill and Cathi that.

I suspect Bill and Cathi chose Lawrence and Zac for a number of reasons:
    L and Zac had already attempted (and failed) to U-turn a team a previous round. I'm sure it feels more 'just' to U-turn people who are willing to do the same.
    They didn't know how hard the other challenge was going to be and wanted to give themselves more time. (as they mentioned in the episode.)

Cindy and Ernie U-turned for one reason:
    They wanted to win a leg. That's kind of pathetic. Their choice, though, that's just my opinion. But now they'll have turned people against them. And how do they know that there won't be yet another U-turn?

Those bunnies were the highlight of the show.
    Babbred likes this.

I recorded it, it was Cathy. I just watched it again

I'd love to see the final two of Bill/Cathi and Marcus/Amani. And, although they have made many mistakes, I would choose Jeremy and Sandy as number 3. They keep trying through it all and they haven't said anything offensive that I've heard. I'm quite sure these will not be the last three teams standing, but I'd like it if they were.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

In the moment I totally understand calling someone a bastard. It stops your flow, it messes with your gameplan and in a timed event like Amazing Race it could cost you a place in the race. Then you get on with it which is exactly what Ma and Pa did giving us viewers one of the highlights of the leg and a challenge that I think will be remembered for a long time. I just don't get why some posters consider using a "bad" word in the heat of the moment like that proof of a negative aspect to your personality and another reason to dislike that contestant. I know some folks don't like Cathy, I don't get the hate. I have noticed that she is lot more relaxed now in front of the cameras and does not sound so schrill.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Great leg! The dancing and the bunnies were so much fun!

I understand choosing the butter churning because animals can be so unpredictable. You have less control over what happens with them. It turned out not to be very hard, and the bunnies were adorable, but you can't know that beforehand.

I didn't mind Cindy and Ernie U-turning Ma and Pa. I think it was kind of a stupid choice, but they really really really wanted 1st place. It's a race.

I didn't mind Ma or Pa, whichever it was, calling them bastards either. It's not like they called them something really horrible and besides that, it was said in a joking tone and in reaction to being U-turned so what's all the fuss? Sheesh, talk about sensitive!
    Tribal Speak and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Great leg! The dancing and the bunnies were so much fun!

I understand choosing the butter churning because animals can be so unpredictable. You have less control over what happens with them. It turned out not to be very hard, and the bunnies were adorable, but you can't know that beforehand.

I didn't mind Cindy and Ernie U-turning Ma and Pa. I think it was kind of a stupid choice, but they really really really wanted 1st place. It's a race.

I didn't mind Ma or Pa, whichever it was, calling them bastards either. It's not like they called them something really horrible and besides that, it was said in a joking tone and in reaction to being U-turned so what's all the fuss? Sheesh, talk about sensitive!

I think it was bit hypocritical , but in the big scheme of things, not big deal. Everyone has their faves, I don't actually.As I posted, I dont much care who wins.LOL

I love the bunnies!!! They should do that task every year. My roommate said that they do these races in Germany and then they eat the losing bunny. What??!!

I thought that was a much easier task because it doesn'teven look hard making the steeplechase and it's the reason why Marcus/Amani made another comeback (aside form the fact that Jeremy and Sandy blundered a couple of times). So why did Bill/Cathi U-turn Lawrence/Zac instead of the the snowboarders? If they were thinking, they should have u-turned the biggest threat in the game. I thought L/Z still had a chance until they got lost going to the pitstop. I think even if they were not u-turned they would not have saved themselves since Zac said that they got lost for about 2 hours. I thought that sucked because I would have seen Lawrence in his thong/g-string flexing his sexy hairy bear of a body on the next episode! LOL!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Maybe Bill and Cathi weren't exactly sure where everyone was in the race but knew Lawrence and Zak were probably likely still behind them, because Zak was so bad at the dancing. They may also have felt that if anyone could make up the time on the race, it would be the snowboarders, so they chose to u-turn a team they thought would be more effectively slowed by the u-turn, thus giving them a better chance to continue on to the next leg. Or maybe they just were sick of Lawrence. He wasn't that easy to watch, so maybe he's not that easy to be around either--and they're around each other a lot.

I think Cindy and Ernie had a right to u-turn whomever they wanted, but u-turning Bill and Cathi didn't seem to be their smartest move. They might have--and did--manage to beat them, but the snowboarders would have been harder to beat (and really, they could have beaten Cindy and Ernie to the mat too--I think they just figured the couple minutes advantage it would give them probably wasn't worth trying to run Ma and Pa). And if they'd gotten rid of the snowboarders, that would have helped them much more on the race as a whole as opposed to potentially eliminating Bill and Cathi. I agree it's that they just lost sight of the bigger picture in trying to win a single leg.

On the other hand, I don't think Ma and Pa were thinking so much about winning after they were u-turned as simply surviving, especially since they had no idea how long the bunny task would take. Had they known they were going to power through it like that, they might not have bothered to u-turn anyone.
    justCoz, Tribal Speak and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Maybe Bill and Cathi weren't exactly sure where everyone was in the race but knew Lawrence and Zak were probably likely still behind them, because Zak was so bad at the dancing. They may also have felt that if anyone could make up the time on the race, it would be the snowboarders, so they chose to u-turn a team they thought would be more effectively slowed by the u-turn, thus giving them a better chance to continue on to the next leg. Or maybe they just were sick of Lawrence. He wasn't that easy to watch, so maybe he's not that easy to be around either--and they're around each other a lot.

I think Cindy and Ernie had a right to u-turn whomever they wanted, but u-turning Bill and Cathi didn't seem to be their smartest move. They might have--and did--manage to beat them, but the snowboarders would have been harder to beat (and really, they could have beaten Cindy and Ernie to the mat too--I think they just figured the couple minutes advantage it would give them probably wasn't worth trying to run Ma and Pa). And if they'd gotten rid of the snowboarders, that would have helped them much more on the race as a whole as opposed to potentially eliminating Bill and Cathi. I agree it's that they just lost sight of the bigger picture in trying to win a single leg.

On the other hand, I don't think Ma and Pa were thinking so much about winning after they were u-turned as simply surviving, especially since they had no idea how long the bunny task would take. Had they known they were going to power through it like that, they might not have bothered to u-turn anyone.
    I don't really have a problem with Cindy and Ernie using the U Turn, after all it is part of the game. My main objection was who they chose to U Turn. Come on in a head on race Cindy and Ernie will beat Ma and Pa. If they had used the U Turn more effectively/strategicly to target one of the stronger teams like the Boarders or Laurence and Zac that would have made perfect sense.
    sweetpea and Tribal Speak like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Bingo. I'm with you and Bearcata. I didn't mind them using it, it just seemed really stupid to use it on B and C. Like Bear says, you're afraid you can't beat a couple of old people? Really? I don't have any respect for C and E, because, like Spock said, their sole motivation for using it was because they were sore at losing to the Snowboarders in the last leg. (And talk about pathetic. "Our victory was stolen from us." I used to feel sorry for Ernie, but not anymore. He's just a whiner who likes feeling victimized. He and Cindy deserve each other.) Although I don't like the U-Turn in general, I have more respect for teams who try to eliminate stronger teams so as to win the overall race.

And I don't think it was hypocritical at all for Cathi to spout off like that. I'd be saying a lot worse, too.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Closed Thread