+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 11/6 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/6 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Running past them full out just before the mat...I've said I get why they did it and I think it is the smart thing to do given that any leg you could be last and go home BUT still, somehow it seemed a bit crass. I don't know why I feel this way, I just do.
    I feel the same way, and I don't know why either. It's a battle between the emotional and the logical - the emotional says "be good dudes, let someone else have a shot", the logical says "it's a race, run faster". I like to think that having that Dionysian/Apollonian balance makes us better people
    sweetpea likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The reason I usually hate one team coming in first time after time is that it makes the race boring for me. That said this year is an exception as the snowboarders because they haven't really come in first on their own, only due to others mistakes. That was actually quite entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    The reason I usually hate one team coming in first time after time is that it makes the race boring for me. That said this year is an exception as the snowboarders because they haven't really come in first on their own, only due to others mistakes. That was actually quite entertaining
    I couldn't agree with you more. I too don't like to see the same team win over and over again but that's not the case with the snowboarders. These two have worked well together, have been nice to their fellow racers as well as the people in the various countries and they KNOW HOW TO READ A CLUE!!! I haven't seen any nastiness from them or "religious intolerance". I think they've done a great job. I actually like all of the teams left however Cindy would not be one of my favorite nor would Lawrence. To bad their not on the same team.
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    All their wins do make it different somehow since it was due to others mistakes. It's so strange. Didn't they move up 4 spots the one time? Obviously they are doing well, but it's not like it's the gypsies from Expedition Impossible. The boarders even commented that while it was nice to have first place finishes they wanted to earn them on their own. It's like winning a pool game because your opponent scratched on the eight ball. It might be considered a win, but it's never a very satisfying win for me.
    sweetpea likes this.

I must say I do not understand the Cindy dislike. She seems okay to me. Must watch more closely.

Cheers.
    sweetpea likes this.

I liked Cindy's reaction when the bed fell on her and she just lay there laughing about it. And this was on the way to the mat, so you know it was a stressful moment! I don't see her as that bad either. To me, that said she's not all about the competition but can also see the humour in things.

I finally got around to watching last Sunday's show. I never liked Jennifer - I hate whiners and complainers (especially on a show/competition you sign up for). This may be too harsh, but when I watched her standing and waiting for help to arrive in the form of another team (we don't know how LONG she waited, but they made it seem like very long time!)...I could only think "How lazy that girl is!" I might have waited 5 minutes or so, but I'm certain I'd have been so nervous and freaked out that I'd have hopped on the bike and ridden back like crazy, knowing it would be faster without a passenger."

I'm glad she realized what a mistake she made and owned it, but her expectation of someone helping her was a turnoff. That's just my opinion.
    sparklete likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789