+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 11/6 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/6 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

I also think Cindy's "Please let us win this one!" was an expression borne out of frustration and not really a request to the snowboarders to slow up as they raced past them. I agree it is a race and you should collect as many of those first place prizes as you can since you never know when you'll be cut. However, it still bugged to see two Olympic athletes race down another couple just steps from the mat. Especially since Cindy has asthma I believe, so that couldn't have been easy for her. It's part of the race, and I totally get why the boys took the first place from them, but still it came across as a bit crass to me, I don't know why exactly. Having said that though, Ernie and Cindy wasted their express pass AND they wasted the chance to uturn the boys so they have nobody to blame but themselves.

I'm really pulling for Marcus and Amani. They rocked the day, were nice to each other and really enjoyed the culture and the people. I hate those slide puzzles, so I was really impressed with the way they stayed so calm while doing it. Marcus carrying all those people was crazy. I can't see any other team being able to do it, really. He's such a big guy and even he was struggling. That option would have really sunk an all female team, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I also think Cindy's "Please let us win this one!" was an expression borne out of frustration and not really a request to the snowboarders to slow up as they raced past them. I agree it is a race and you should collect as many of those first place prizes as you can since you never know when you'll be cut. However, it still bugged to see two Olympic athletes race down another couple just steps from the mat. Especially since Cindy has asthma I believe, so that couldn't have been easy for her. It's part of the race, and I totally get why the boys took the first place from them, but still it came across as a bit crass to me, I don't know why exactly. Having said that though, Ernie and Cindy wasted their express pass AND they wasted the chance to uturn the boys so they have nobody to blame but themselves.
    I have mixed feelings about it. I'm sorry that the boarders won another prize. Yeah, it would have been nice to see another team come in first and win a prize. It was C & E's bad luck that they would be racing against pro athletes who are in great shape.

OTOH, you leave the next day in the order you finished. Therefore, I can see why the Boarders would want to race to finish and make sure they got in first. Sometimes leaving first doesn't mean much (like when they all get clustered at the airport/train station). There are times, though, when being one of the first to leave is a definite advantage.

And I wouldn't mind if Marcus and Amani won, either. They're one of my favorite teams.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Tribal Speak, I think you're thinking of the Fast Forward. The Fast Forward allows a team to skip remaining tasks and head to the pitstop. The express pass allows teams to skip a task only. All other tasks (including the U-turn station) must be completed.

Personally, I think Ernie and Cindy should have saved the Express pass for avoiding a loss rather than trying to gain a win. I'd save right up until the 8th leg if I didn't need it earlier. They'll probably be fine, but it's not something I'd do. And it didn't work out for them anyway.
    Yes, you are right. That's exactly what I was thinking. Got the two mixed up. Thank you .

So what happened with the U2 Zac and Laurence did to Marcus and Amani? I don't think Marcus and Amani were even eligible for the U2 because they got to the U2 turn ahead of Zac and Laurence.

As for Ernie and Cindy, winning the last leg it the most important not every individual leg. I think they blew their express pass, but it is just another example of their bad judgement.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't think the blew their pass - just had bad luck finding the village and the boys gained on them. What they should have done was use the U-Turn on them. That is where they made their mistake. As for Laurence and Zac - there is no excuse except a determination to use the pass regardless and then using it on a team that was ahead of them. Stupid.
    rfromp and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm really pulling for Marcus and Amani. They rocked the day, were nice to each other and really enjoyed the culture and the people. I hate those slide puzzles, so I was really impressed with the way they stayed so calm while doing it. Marcus carrying all those people was crazy. I can't see any other team being able to do it, really. He's such a big guy and even he was struggling. That option would have really sunk an all female team, sadly.
    I'm glad you mentioned this. With this task including the U-turn, it could have done in almost anyone. We've seen teams sunk by the U-turn before, but they were rarely (if ever) physical tasks that required a certain amount of strength to complete. Marcus struggled his way through, and is no doubt the strongest competitor in the race.

I just think if they are going to have a U-turn, the alternate task should at least be completable by any of the teams. Bill may have been able, possibly Ernie (though he's a lightweight), maybe the snowboarders (though they're not big guys). That U-turn would have been a death sentence for Justin and Jennifer, and possibly other teams as well. The Race producers can do whatever they want, of course, but I just think the U-turn should slow a team down (having to do both tasks) rather than doing them in completely. It doesn't feel right.
    sweetpea and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fogey

I hate when Survivor and Amazing Race get too physical in their tasks. They invite a variety of ages, abilities, and sizes onto the show, but really don't give all teams a fair chance. There is no way that Bill and Cathy could have carried people like that. If they got uturned, it would have been over. My husband is 6'2 and very strong and it hurts his back to carry our children like that for just a short time. I mean eight people in water is not an easy thing for anyone.

I think that there is a lot that can be done for tasks that could be seen as a little more fair to all people.

I hate the uturn period. I think that a team should not win or lose because of a stupid purposely placed obstacle. I like the speed bump because you cause that yourself by coming in last and being saved, but to have someone give you an extra task that noone else has to do is just a little too much of a disadvantage, and to be ousted for that reason is stupid.
    sparklete likes this.

Several times now the only reason the snowboarders have won 1st place was mistakes by the teams coming in 1st to begin with.I think teams should realize this and start paying attention to clues and surroundings. Cindy and Ernie may have wanted the 1st place but their own ineptness is what kept them from it.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Several times now the only reason the snowboarders have won 1st place was mistakes by the teams coming in 1st to begin with.I think teams should realize this and start paying attention to clues and surroundings. Cindy and Ernie may have wanted the 1st place but their own ineptness is what kept them from it.
    Exactly. The snowboarders have been very lucky to come in first 3 times by default. But they have raced smart and even those times are hot on the heels of the first place teams. Just bugged me to see the foot race at the end with the athletes overtaking the regular people. Oh well, ilt happens and as you said, if Ernie and Cindy had raced smart, they wouldn't have to worry about a race to the finish.

I'd like to see Bill/Cathi and Marcus/Amani as the final two in whatever order. I would be pleased by a win by either couple. Third for me would be the least unlikable Jeremy and Sandy. They haven't done much, but the others have lost me, the snowboarders for their religious intolerance -- I've never liked Cindy's attitude, and while I like Zach, Laurence is an impossible know-it-all who is generally wrong.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread