+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 11/6 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 11/6 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Tribal Speak, I think you're thinking of the Fast Forward. The Fast Forward allows a team to skip remaining tasks and head to the pitstop. The express pass allows teams to skip a task only. All other tasks (including the U-turn station) must be completed.

Personally, I think Ernie and Cindy should have saved the Express pass for avoiding a loss rather than trying to gain a win. I'd save right up until the 8th leg if I didn't need it earlier. They'll probably be fine, but it's not something I'd do. And it didn't work out for them anyway.
    jadewarlock and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    That's bs that Ernie and Cindy still had to find the Jamaica Shop and the U-Turn mat, only to say that they choose not to u-turn anyone. Express is express. Period. Any other express pass I remember being used directed the team to advvance straight to the pit stop. They should have had the option of bypassing the U-Turn. JMO.
    Express Pass is relatively new, and it only gets the team who has it out of the current task. The Fast Forward let teams proceed directly to the pit stop (after completing a specific FF task), but they have only offered one a season for the last several years.

(According to Wikipedia, if a team gets sent home without using their Express Pass, the first team to arrive that leg gets it. And if the Express Pass isn't used by the end of the eighth leg, the team must complete a Fast Forward task in the ninth leg. No idea if this is true or not, because neither of these things have happened.)

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Tribal Speak, I think you're thinking of the Fast Forward. The Fast Forward allows a team to skip remaining tasks and head to the pitstop. The express pass allows teams to skip a task only. All other tasks (including the U-turn station) must be completed.

Personally, I think Ernie and Cindy should have saved the Express pass for avoiding a loss rather than trying to gain a win. I'd save right up until the 8th leg if I didn't need it earlier. They'll probably be fine, but it's not something I'd do. And it didn't work out for them anyway.
    I agree - Yeah, maybe the tasks would be easy on the 8th leg, but maybe not. Better to save the pass unless needed (i.e. the hay task, digging around in mud for a rubber frog, digging ditches in the Sahara, etc.), then you can gain possibly some valuable time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    That's bs that Ernie and Cindy still had to find the Jamaica Shop and the U-Turn mat, only to say that they choose not to u-turn anyone. Express is express. Period. Any other express pass I remember being used directed the team to advvance straight to the pit stop. They should have had the option of bypassing the U-Turn. JMO.

Cindy is nice.
    I thought the fast forward was what allowed the teams to advance straight to the pit stop. The express pass has only been around a few seasons and it's only been to skip just the one task.

eta: I guess I should have read the next posts as they are saying the same thing. Didn't mean to beat a dead horse. That's what I get for jumping in to post before finishing what's been written.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I have no problem with Cindy/Ernie U-Turing the boarders, it is a race after all. But I had a problem with her asking them to 'let them be first' as they passed.. and then Earnie saying they were mean for passing them.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

I did not hear Cindy or Ernie say that; one of my friends told me today. What, the boarders should give up a prize so that Cindy and Ernie can win for once? Perhaps they should not win at the end because they've won too many legs? Don't think so...
    sparklete likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular

"But I had a problem with her asking them to 'let them be first' as they passed."

Yeah, I don't really like Cindy anyway, but now I REALLY don't like her. Instead of her ACTUALLY winning, she asks someone to LET her win? Ummm, that's not how life works. Especially a completition where there's money on the line.
    sparklete likes this.

Ah, I just figured it just sort of popped out of her mouth. Interesting, I guess you CAN blame a girl for trying. If she had been really slagging on the snowboarders, I'd not like her either. But she wasn't. She did look like she was going to puke there at the end. Heck, maybe she did, and they just didn't show it (in which case, thanks Amazing Race!).

I really do get tired of the young male athletes dominating everything. Maybe they could cast a show without that particular pairing? It would be novel, anyway. I am now hoping the Bill & Cathi win. Or Marcus & Amani.

Maybe I missed something, but it appeared that the bicyclists were delivering the men with fishes to two different locations. Is that correct? Was it an option? I guess it explains why Jennifer didn't see anyone else (or she was really really behind, or both), if that was the case.
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but it appeared that the bicyclists were delivering the men with fishes to two different locations. Is that correct? Was it an option? I guess it explains why Jennifer didn't see anyone else (or she was really really behind, or both), if that was the case.
    There were different locations, I believe 3 different ones. I'm pretty certain Jennifer went to one others had been to, but was later than the others. She was waiting for them to show up, but that was never going to happen as by that time they had already returned and were heading out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Ah, I just figured it just sort of popped out of her mouth. Interesting, I guess you CAN blame a girl for trying. If she had been really slagging on the snowboarders, I'd not like her either. But she wasn't. She did look like she was going to puke there at the end. Heck, maybe she did, and they just didn't show it (in which case, thanks Amazing Race!).
    lol, I thought it was funny that she crawled to the shade. She was wiped.

+ Reply to Thread