+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 10/30 TAR 19 Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

CCL

Re: 10/30 TAR 19 Episode 6 *West Coast Spoilers*

You sound like my sister. I think they usually have 3.
    AZChristian likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

This episode was just incredibly boring. So much to NOT talk about.
    AZChristian and sparklete like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I noticed a couple of things. I thought Jennifer had a good idea about using the truck making task with her students back home, as a way of teaching them not only how to put things together but how kids in other countries who don't have the resources her students have live and play. I also was really confused as to why the woman in the older couple thought it was okay to skip paying the truck driver unless he asked for payment. Was she just being cheap or did she think the show was somehow covering the cost of the truck? Two teams actually made that mistake, so I wasn't sure.

Jennifer and her brother seem to be getting along a little better and they're doing better on the race as a result.

Overall, though, I think part of the problem with this episode not being that exciting is that none of the tasks were that interesting. They just pushed bales of tobacco around on a cart and either did some sewing or made some trucks out of milk cartons (at least I thought that's what they were). I don't think they have to bungee jump or swim across a lake every time, but they've done some things that aren't dangerous but that are more fun to watch.

I had a hunch this may be a nonelimination leg because there was no way for any one team to get ahead for the most part. They were all on the same flight to start and unless you were superhuman or superslow the position you entered the tobacco task, was the position you would leave in. The only chance there seemed to be a way to switch places was in the sewing/truck building task, but they weren't tasks that could gain you a whole lot more speed (like climbing a rock wall or paddling a canoe or something). I had thought there wouldn't be another NEL until down to the final 3 or 4, but when I saw how the show played out I wasn't shocked. I'm glad Marcus and Amani got another chance as they seem like positive people and are enjoying themselves on the race.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I like Marcus and Amani too but I hated the going on about how hard the race was (through tears) and how they were going to struggle through it and show their child you don't quit around people who mostly struggle just to live. They are racing for a million bucks, not to feed their families and it felt stupid to watch.

Also, I understand it is a race, but felt it was pretty unnecessary for the brother and sister team to elbow their way in front of Cathi and Bill to the mat. Classless.
    Did anyone else notice that Phil made Bill and Cathi wait while he checked in a couple that arrived after them? What the heck? He should have checked in Bill and Cathi first and told them to go back and pay their driver and THEN checked in the other couple. That was just not right and not something I've ever seen before on the race. Yes, you got here first, but wait a minute, I'm going to check in these people behind you first. Really weird.
    Endit and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fogey

This season there seems to be a lot of things that can take a first place team down or switch the placements of teams. I think what confused some of the pairs was that the workers called the trucks for the shipment of the beds. Possibly they figured it was a covered part of the task. My question is why did the driver not stop them and say you need to settle with me?

I just think that the pairings are getting stale. How many bickering we just started dating couples, older token couples, alpha male athlete pairs can you get interested in? I think it would be fun to cast people and than pair them when they get there, or come up with some new pairings. There are so many relationships out there that I am wondering why we always have the same.

This is the first season that I am not warming to any pair at all more than others.

I have to agree with everyone above that the check in was all silly. I cannot believe the low class way the siblings pushed ahead and that Phil checked them in. I also thought it was horrible that he checked in someone before the older couple when we all know seconds count on this race. Phil seemed very off on this episode.
    Endit likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I agree. This episode was he most boring TAR episode I've ever seen. Oooooh - which one of you will be rolling bales of tobacco (DUH - pick the guy), and (gasp) who can make a toy, and (shudder), who can sew a pant leg or a jacket sleeve?

The biggest challenge was getting the contestants to read the clues: Have the worker get you a truck!

It was a boring episode, and I hate to say it, but this has been the most boring season for me. I don't love anyone, I don't hate anyone. Even during the much reviled family season I had my burning loathing of the Weavers to keep me invested in the outcome. And now? Meh. See, all you people who "don't want the drama, just want the race", see what happens? Nothing. People running. That's it. Give me drama or I'm afraid that I'm going to have to go find my drama elsewhere.
    captain likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

To me, the part about transporation has always been confusing on The Amazing Race. Teams don't know before a challenge if they'll need to ask their driver to wait for them and take them somewhere else or if the challenge will involve getting on another mode of transporation (like a boat) so they won't be going back to their taxi. Many teams have ended up falling behind because they let their taxi go and then found out they were only at a stop to pick up a clue or do a quick task and would need their taxi again.

I missed part of the show because I got a phone call so I didn't know if the teams knew they were heading for the pit stop or if they thought they might be going back to their taxi later. I guess racers should be on the safe side and pay their drivers what they owe at that moment even if they ask them to hang around a bit and wait for them in case they need to come back.

While I'm glad it ended up being a NEL because I like that last couple, I was also disappointed that it was a NEL because that means this season is going to keep dragging on!! LOL!! I never commented last week, but hated that they barely gave them enough money to make it around that country because many of them ended up arguing with their taxi drivers over the rate and I don't like the way it portrays Americans and TAR as more important than the people of that country just doing their jobs.
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast