+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: 10/23 TAR 19 Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

10/23 TAR 19 Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

They are staying in Thailand and elephants, oh, my.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/23 TAR 19 Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

One of the Snowboarders (sorry, but for me they're like the Cowboys--I have trouble remembering which one is which): "When we win the Amazing Race, I'm gonna buy an elephant. They can do some serious off-roading."

And yeah, I know they brought up the God talk, but so far, they're not being obnoxious about it, and one of them, at least, brought up a verse about being joyful--and neither of them picked an especially common verse, which I just find more interesting than picking something everyone's already heard or seen a million times (like John 3:16). Actually, it would be refreshing to have people who admit to being Christian on a reality show who weren't immediately judgmental about everything and everyone.
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

And I spoke just minutes too soon....now the Snowboarders are getting cranky about the Buddhist altar task and talking about one true God. C'mon, can't they find anybody who was raised Christian who's still tolerant of other religions to be on these shows. I know perfectly well such people exist.

At least they weren't snotty right to the faces of the Buddhists and confined their remarks to the interview portions of the show, but still.....
    Endit likes this.

FORT Fogey

Amani, on the other hand, pointed out, while putting together the altar, that while it wasn't the same religion as hers, it deserved the same respect, because she wouldn't want anyone coming into her church and disrespecting the crosses there.

Now I suddenly like her better....

FORT Fogey

Hello? Am I the only one here?

The twins certainly are happy about their road block, cleaning up after and washing an elephant. In fact, they're positively giddy about it.

Using a camera phone? Really? Shouldn't that be against the rules?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm reading your posts, but since the show won't start for another 90 minutes here, I have nothing to add to the conversation, other than "Keep On Posting!" LOL.

didn't his dad take notes? why couldn't he use them? If the brother/sister could use a driver's cell phone camera...
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Newbie

West coaster here ~ I appreciate the play-by-play commentary

I'm behind on this and am at the Speed Bump. But I would have to say there have never been two people happier about shoveling elephant dung. LOL

And that dad is such a jerk. Acting like it's such a pain that the son has to go back and take notes, when it's his fault they don't have notes in the first place.
    Endit likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast