+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 10/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

10/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Welcome! Please keep all TAR talk in this thread until midnight, EST. Thanks, and enjoy the show!

We're actually on time here for a change. *gasp*
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

My ears are a little plugged at the moment. Are L/Z actually pronouncing Phuket the way I think they are? Yikes.

FORT Fogey

Apparently I'm the only one on tonight, but I have to say that those snowboarders were amazing running down that floating dock.

I also can't believe how many teams are taking the coral reef task. I'd think all that underwater diving would be exhausting, although I do understand why the twins, who were lifeguards, would naturally go for it.

I'm here, just haven't had reason to comment (yet) Except, Surfer Dudes and Dad&Son got very lucky after having gotten so UNlucky! What happened to their flight to make them so late?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just got here . . . but I'm in Arizona waiting for spoilers!!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I'm here, just haven't had reason to comment (yet) Except, Surfer Dudes and Dad&Son got very lucky after having gotten so UNlucky! What happened to their flight to make them so late?

The snowboarders and dad/son teams booked earlier flights to Jakarta but opted to wait until they got there to book the connector flight to Phuket, assuming there would be more flights to choose from there. They were wrong, and the teams who arrived at the airport later than they had had booked the earlier connecting flights when they bought their tickets to Jakarta, so there wasn't room for them on that flight by the time they got to Jakarta.

I hope that makes sense.

Ah, thanks! I've been back and forth folding laundry and missed that part.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Z/L and the Snowboarders got an earlier flight out, but there were no direct routes to Phuket and they waited to book their flight to Phuket until they got to Jakarta. As a result, they ended up on a later flight, but caught up when no one could start the Phuket leg until 8 a.m. the next day. The Snowboarders totally smoked everyone running down a floating dock, and then they used their surfing skills to do a task where they had to help restore the coral reef--a task that totally exhausted and frustrated a number of other teams. The other choice was to find matching umbrellas and chairs and set them up on the shore, which is also a lot harder than it sounds. The teams that gave up on the coral reef task are now struggling with that.

After that, they had to go to a rock climbing road block, and the Snowboarder scrambled up like a little monkey. They just pulled in first at the pit stop and won $5000 each. They're very happy with what they're calling a "clean win" and complimented the Thai guy with Phil for his "cool beard." This makes three in a row for the Snowboarders--even Phil said they "smoked" the course.

The squabbling siblings have now come in second and L/Z are in third for the moment but not across the finish line yet.
    Last edited by Tilden; 10-16-2011 at 08:45 PM.

FORT Fogey

More for AZChristian: I forgot to mention that to get to the rock climbing task, teams had to use a compass correctly and travel thirteen (I think it was thirteen) miles by boat to the location. Apparently some of the teams are not terribly adept at using a compass and are having a hard time finding the rock.

Meanwhile, the twins, whom I thought had decided on the coral reef task, actually went straight to the beach chair task and are still struggling with it. Not looking great for them, unless some of those lost teams slip slowly off to sea.....
    AZChristian likes this.

Surfer Dudes are the new Cowboys - love how they enjoy the race, their good attitudes, their abilities. I'm rooting for them, Ma & Pa, or Father/Son!
    AZChristian and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast