+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 10/2 TAR 19 Episode 2 *West Coast Spoilers*

10/2 TAR 19 Episode 2 *West Coast Spoilers*

Please post all comments here, no matter your start time, until 12A.M. Eastern.

Double Elimination strikes the weary and unwary tonight. Cheer or mourn as the case may be.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 10/2 TAR 19 Episode 2 *West Coast Spoilers*

And here weeeee goooooo

Double Elimination
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know if there's anyone I'll be cheering or mourning yet I do like the snowboarders and Jenna/Ethan, so I'd be disappointed to lose either of them.

Airport equalizer. Married couple (?) having quite a little bickering match.

FORT Fogey

Jenna's the one who said it, but I wonder how many people were thinking it as they applauded: with Ma and Pa still in the race, that's one more team we can probably beat in the double elimination leg.

Now I hope they win the leg, just to defeat that kind of thinking. It isn't always strength that wins a leg, because all other kinds of factors can come into play, including just stupid bad luck.

Okay...what was the point of the first leg anyway?

No one was eliminated, now they're all bunched up together starting together on the second leg.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Boy, and I thought my sisters and I don't get along....

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    ... It isn't always strength that wins a leg, because all other kinds of factors can come into play, including just stupid bad luck.
    Ah yes, the old Cab Driver from Hell -- takes one down every time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post

No one was eliminated, now they're all bunched up together starting together on the second leg.
    We got to see another country?

The significant thing that occurred in the first leg was that the first couple to the mat got the pass they can use at any point to just skip a task. Oh, and we got to see how strangers can be about a lost passport and how quickly social networking can locate someone.

FORT Fogey

Ah yes, the old Cab Driver from Hell -- takes one down every time
    Considering how some contestants treat their cab drivers, you have to wonder if it isn't deliberate every once in a while. I know if TAR was ever routed through here (fat chance) at a point at which I knew some of the teams and their behavior, I might be sorely tempted to be less than helpful to a duo who'd been nasty to others.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They should have just had a TBC leg and had everyone keep racing. It'd make more sense that way. I think that's the way all NEL should work anymore.

Tilden, normally I agree (and I don't completely disagree), but in past seasons, I've always been disappointed to lose much stronger teams (and in some cases more likeable) to dumb luck while a team that barely gets by and can't make it without latching on to someone keeps on going. And of course the older couple teams from seasons past that I think could have gone the distance were some of the unlucky ones who were eliminated early on due to bad luck. Of course that's the race And I certainly don't mind younger, cocky, athletic teams getting the pants beat off of them, either. The old couple seem really nice, so I wasn't disappointed they were saved. At least they didn't give up. Look at the couples in the past, and how some of them quit halfway through every leg!
    SugarMama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast