+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 9/25 TAR 19 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 9/25 TAR 19 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Link to New York Times account of the passport lost and found. Facebook and Twitter to the rescue:
    Twitter Follower Saves 'Amazing Race' Team - NYTimes.com

Glad to see my favourite reality show back! I couldn't believe that those guys took the passport to LAX. It always seems the teams start out too chaotic before they settle down and get into a rhythm. I found a dropped passport in a security line in an airport once, and the guy was just about having a heart attack. I bet those girls will be extra careful now. I liked the grandparents but I don't think they will last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I seem to remember one other season where they did a NEL first. My memory could be sketchy, but I remember liking it because it seemed to give the teams a chance to settle into the race and the viewing audience a chance to get to know all the teams. Of course I could be completely wrong too! I hated the season (or two???) when they had a challenge right off the bat and the ones who came in last didn't get to race. Survivor did something similar with a schoolyard pick one season and the two picked last had to go home. That was just awful!

I am actually happy to see Ethan and Jenna.I truly think after all he's been through and the charities he supports that they are really not there for the money, but for the experience. I'm sure if they won, a big chunk would go to his charity anyway. I believe he has their website logo on the yellow shirt he was wearing tonight. Not that that makes them any more or less deserving of the million, but some people you just get the "I'm here more for the adventure than the money" vibe and they seem like that.
    There has never been a NEL on the first leg until last night. There has been however a double leg during that part of the race.

As far as Ethan and Jenna, I also don't get the vibe they're in it for the fun, and if they win, great. Ethan in particular has been more helping others than anything, and Jenna is growing up to where I think she'll be the same way. This holds especially true in regard to staying with Ethan through all that chemo and such.

I am wondering if the NEL and the double elimination are due to a production error. In the past they have turned a leg into a NEL when it wasn't intended to be due to production itself would have caused a team to be eliminated instead of their actions. Since the teams are not permitted to talk about production or get sued it would probably have to come out annon or via Phil if that was the reason.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Awesome, grandma nailed it on the first try. I'd like them to stick around a little longer, but...doesn't look like they'll make it unless Team Dingbat blows it.
    Actually, we don't know that for sure. I was wondering last night while watching if she really got it in the first try or if the show only showed her successful attempt since we'd already seen other people struggling over that challenge and since team grandparents were so far behind, they didn't feel a need to show their repeated attempts.

I also remember a non-elimination round being done on the first leg before.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-26-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like the showgirls because I've always been in awe of them and what they do. Some people get all of the height and long legs!!! I hope they stay for quite a while!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

From the way the Monk's eye's bugged out when she recited the quote, I had the distinct impression that she DID get it right on the first try.
    Trust Me!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They could just show a running count at the bottom/side of the screen when there is a challenge like that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's lucky for Miss Teen USA Caitlin Upton she wasn't on this season of the Amazing Race. I could imagine how she would have screwed up the Confuscious saying. I'm sure she would have mentioned "the Iraq" at least once.

I'd like to know how many tries it took for each team to do it, especially the blonde. She must have hit about 20 attempts.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Bill at one point said he was on his twentieth attempt so I'm sure she was closer to the hundred that her sister called out after her at one time.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast