+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/8 Show Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 5/8 Show Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Yup, I watched the final hour again, and paid attention this time to what Justin said. Simple sarcasm. Don't know if the woman spoke english or not but she certainly looked like she knew she was in control of the situation. By the end of those 15 minutes I truly felt bad for them. By the time the woman decided that she was going to do Zev's armpits he looked like he was about to explode. Those two were truly at a disadvantage during that task.
    I felt so bad for them, but they got through it. As a woman, I've had occasional waxing over small areas (eyebrows, upper lip), and it's not that bad. But those poor hirsute guys . . . that must have been the equivalent of someone ripping out a handful of head hair. The workers looked like they were pulling up carpet strips!

I'm okay with the winners. I just hope that in future seasons, the producers learn from what I think were mistakes this season. Teams should NOT be allowed to just give out answers to the mental challenges; those should be opportunities to level the playing field for those who aren't as physically fit as others. I was really surprised at how casually they were giving out those answers.

And any contestant who urinates in public should immediately be disqualified from the game.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And any contestant who urinates in public should immediately be disqualified from the game.
    Unless it's on the mat in front of Phil, and they were avoiding a Jen and Kisha moment.

I took Justin's comment to mean he might reflexively whack the waxer.

I got a major crush on Justin this season with the way he treated Zev. He really showed patience and friendship.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Different countries have different standards, and I don't think anyone should be disqualified for doing as Romans do when in Rome, particularly if it is a country with next to nothing in public facilities.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Different countries have different standards, and I don't think anyone should be disqualified for doing as Romans do when in Rome, particularly if it is a country with next to nothing in public facilities.
    I've seen comments similar to this in the past. In this particular circumstance, the GTs were headed INTO the huge national library building in Vienna (which one can only assume had indoor plumbing). They couldn't have been more than 2 minutes away from an indoor restroom. To have urinated in such a public area under those circumstances was - and always will be IMO - unacceptable.

Trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, I even Googled to see if there are public urinals in Vienna . . . hoping that he was at least using a urinal. There's nothing I can find that there's a urinal where he relieved himself. In that case, I don't think it's any more acceptable for him to have relieved himself there than it would be for anyone from Austria to do so on the outside of one of the buildings of the Smithsonian.

As I posted at the time, I lived in Europe for several years. Trust me, this was not something that I ever saw. There are plenty of places with indoor plumbing, and most major cities provide public toilets. What the GT's did was inexcusable.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by josieb View Post
    Did anyone notice Justine threaten to hit the woman doing the waxing? They didn't finish waxing him bec of that. He deserves to lose.
    I noticed this! I thought it was really uncalled for! I liked them a lot too. Because of this, I wasn't too sad to see them go when they did. Sadly, it seemed like Zev had lashed out a little bit before this. I was completely shocked that it was Justin who was saying that!

I'm one of the ones who thought that Justin was simply joking, or at the very least just speaking out of pain. Unlike the GT's, there wasn't any prior behavior that led me to think he would be mean.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I noticed this! I thought it was really uncalled for! I liked them a lot too. Because of this, I wasn't too sad to see them go when they did. Sadly, it seemed like Zev had lashed out a little bit before this. I was completely shocked that it was Justin who was saying that!
    Anyone who has had to be waxed - women or male, knows it's a painful experience. To be fair, if it kept either sane, I can see them reacting like they did.

I don't fault either for reacting like they did, and they probably apologized after.

From what I've read, Justin's comments were from the movie "40 year old virgin" when the main character, very hairy, gets taken by his friends to get his chest waxed. He basically shouted out the same things. The comments were in no way serious. I'm actually shocked anyone would think they were! The movie scene was hilarious, but yeah, a lot of threats while they were ripping off the hair.

+ Reply to Thread