+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/8 Show Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Re: 5/8 Show Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    OTOH, people with Asperger's thrive on routine. That drinks challenge would have been right up Zev's alley. I'll bet he and Justin will kick themselves for the rest of their lives for not picking the right challenge.
    On his Twitter account, Justin said they did go to the drink challenge first, and seeing how far everyone already were, they decided to try the bikini one. Ah....editing.

Did anyone notice Justine threaten to hit the woman doing the waxing? They didn't finish waxing him bec of that. He deserves to lose.

He did the entire 15 minutes like everyone else. He was so hairy and that's why he looked like a half plucked bird. They could only do so much in 15 minutes.

I somehow missed that comment. I went from cracking up watching that to feeling their pain.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by josieb View Post
    Did anyone notice Justine threaten to hit the woman doing the waxing? They didn't finish waxing him bec of that. He deserves to lose.
    He was not being serious for one, secondly, they did finish waxing him. Poor guy was in some serious pain! Think about it this way, think of all the horrible things that some women say to their husbands during labor. Gets good laughs doesn't it. It's certainly been joked about. But the women aren't serious. Same situation for Justin. Much pain, needed to yell, no intent behind his words. I'm sure if the woman really felt Justin was going to hit her, she would have stopped. But nope, she kept on going. I have a feeling they hear a lot worse stuff than that considering their line of business.
    Last edited by mesachick; 05-09-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Thought Justin's Kelly Clarkson comment was hilarious - but I felt so bad for he & Zev during that roadblock - ouch! I also felt for Zev and give him major props for toughing out the dancing roadblock. Poor guy looked like he was doing the funky chicken for most of it. But his final comments with Justin were sweet. Zev seems like a big ol' teddy bear but I Justin for being such a great friend - his worry for how Zev would handle the roadblock instead of being in last place showed what a great friend he is.

Gary & Mallory - I would've had them finish 7th so their 3rd place finish didn't matter too much to me. But I have to give it to them for sticking it out and not giving up - their bad cabbie luck did them in but their final comments were sweet and reminded me of my relationship with my dad.

GTs - they gave it a good run and had fun doing it. I'm going to miss them - they were just FUN. [And I'll refrain from getting into the "bully" debate as my thoughts are known on the bully thread in the CE board.] They finished the race with a smile and appreciation of the race - all people should have that kind of "insight" into life - we saw the cowboys, Zev & Justin, and then the cowboys ending their races that way. Kudos to them.

Jen & Keesha... Jen & Keesha who?? They seemed like they were just "there" all race. The smartest thing I saw Jen (?) do was take the cabbie's phone and use it while he was driving. Nowadays with navigation and such, that'd be my first course of action. Hmm - maybe that'd be my first question to the cabbie - not do you know how to get there but what kind of phone do you have. Then I could find my way there myself.

Sad the season is over. Can't wait for the next one to air!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by josieb View Post
    Josie, if I were in as much pain as apparently the duo was, I'd probably say the same thing. It wasn't done in malice - just in pain, similar to the "Threats" some pregnant women spew when giving birth.

And, the challenge had them do this for 15 minutes, meaning if they were not finished when time was up, they were not finished. Even Zev's chest was not totally hairless when they headed out, but his esthetician at least did it where it looked more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Jen & Keesha... Jen & Keesha who?? They seemed like they were just "there" all race. The smartest thing I saw Jen (?) do was take the cabbie's phone and use it while he was driving. Nowadays with navigation and such, that'd be my first course of action. Hmm - maybe that'd be my first question to the cabbie - not do you know how to get there but what kind of phone do you have. Then I could find my way there myself.

Sad the season is over. Can't wait for the next one to air!
    I think that and them totally running away from any challenge involving food was what helped them win. Had a food challenge been a road block and the same sister did it that did it in China, it may have been a different story. It was a gross food challenge in China (fried scorpions, beetles, and a starfish if I recall correctly) and Jen I think did it. She took too many small bites and drank lots of water, which lead to the potty break that knocked them out of the race. In fact, had that break NOT been taken, they'd actually beaten Margie and Luke - the difference was about 2-5 minutes.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    On his Twitter account, Justin said they did go to the drink challenge first, and seeing how far everyone already were, they decided to try the bikini one. Ah....editing.
    That's what I had been thinking must have happened. If you are guaranteed last in a task, why not try the other? You might get lucky... I wish they had.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    That's what I had been thinking must have happened. If you are guaranteed last in a task, why not try the other? You might get lucky... I wish they had.
    I agree, and think it was a smart move long term even if it didn't pay off. They did however go out in class which is something I liked about this team. (Yes, even with Justin asking about the penalty for knocking out the esthetician )

Yup, I watched the final hour again, and paid attention this time to what Justin said. Simple sarcasm. Don't know if the woman spoke english or not but she certainly looked like she knew she was in control of the situation. By the end of those 15 minutes I truly felt bad for them. By the time the woman decided that she was going to do Zev's armpits he looked like he was about to explode. Those two were truly at a disadvantage during that task.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread