+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/8 Show Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Show Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

The waxing for Z/J was brutal. Those are two hairy dudes! It was like pulling up carpet!! Zev's chest was as red as a stop light when their 15 minutes were up. Was glad they shared a drink at the end. I'm sure they both could use one at that point.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I was so sad when Z/J were obviously going to be out of the running. Especially after the waxing - ouch! I was cringing in my seat just watching it. I wasn't too thrilled with the sisters winning, but they did run a good last leg. I am curious - there was no task to go over the history of the show. Don't they always have one task where they have to match up tasks and places, or people and places, that they've been too along the way? It wasn't a very challenging last leg.

Looking forward to next season!

Finally an all female win. Kesha and Jenn played a really good game. They flew under the radar while everyone else was bickering. They just kept it moving. That's what I like about them. The final four teams were great along with the Cowboys who I love to death. Great job ladies and great season Amazing Race. Now what is my family to do on Sundays because this is the only show my family would sit down and watch together. We ate a lot of desserts, so I guess it on to the gym for us lol!!!

For those who keep thinking Kisha and Jen are the first all female team, they're not. They are actually the SECOND all female team, the first being Nat and Kat from last season, and if it hadn't been them it'd probably been Brooke and Claire as the third place team was too far behind.

That said, they did run the best last leg of the race, and they were honored for it.

As far as the last challenge... well, they haven't always had memory for the whole season challenges; however, they've been mostly mental and required attention to details, which was in the case of this challenge.

I personally would've loved them to bring back the surfboard challenge, even if they didn't have to order them correctly. That would've been more challenging and tested them mentally.

And while I can understand Zev and Justin getting a drink, I do hope it was because they knew they were at a number that was low enough that even if the GTs got a penalty they couldn't overcome it. Otherwise, it would've been sad to know they were eliminated because they took a drink break.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3 View Post
    Let's be honest. If you would have taken the bad cab drivers out of the mix, the sisters would have finished third.
    I think it would have been Gary and Mallory 1st, Globtrotters 2nd and sisters 3rd. It was not skill that put them in first, but rather Luck at getting a good cab driver. The sisters had not won one leg of the race, and they wouldn't have won this one either.
    Gary and Mallory would have done better driving themselves.

That was $1,000,000 cab fare for them.
    I used to feel that way too. Cab drivers have always been part of the race. It used to bother me a lot when I first started watching. I don't think it really had a huge effect on the results because I don't think Gary and Mallory would have been able to beat the other teams on the 7 mile bike race. They would have needed a huge lead to win. Gary calculated that they were 20 minutes behind because they got lost. That isn't as far behind as the globetrotters were because of their cab driver in Brazil in the previous leg!
    I like that the sisters were really consistent throughout the race. I don't think the purpose of the show is to win multiple legs of the race and then fail to win the last one. So I have no problems with how they performed. I don't think they were ever one of the last 2 teams to arrive in any of the legs. Flight Time and Big Easy were close to elimination a couple of times. Gary and Mallory actually were the last team to arrive but it was a non-elimination leg.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Selling the bikinis was one thing, but having to get the person to try it on, on the beach and on camera, was skeevy. I didn't like that option.
    That was another horribly designed challenge. Not only get a woman to buy a bikini, but get her to crawl into that confined tube and put it on? Who would want to do that? And wouldn't most people at the beach (as Z/J found out) have bathing suits on already? Why would they want to buy another?

OTOH, people with Asperger's thrive on routine. That drinks challenge would have been right up Zev's alley. I'll bet he and Justin will kick themselves for the rest of their lives for not picking the right challenge.

Felt so bad for J&Z when they were getting waxed. Not so horrifying on recently shaved leg hair on girls, but that dense long chest hair of theirs? OUCH!!
    Amen!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I liked all of the teams - probably first time ever - so I would be happy with any of them winning.
    I did like K & J from their season. They had some of the best comments ever in China when they kept referring to their own ethnicity. Way too funny.

I felt so bad about the waxing. There is no way I could ave submitted to that. Much too painful. I was surprised that Z & J were the only ones who really hollered. I'd have been bawling!!
    Great season of TAR.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rats, oh but for a bad cab driver Gary and Mallory would have won. Even with 25 minute behind they were still able to catch up to the two other teams. Still I wish Kisha and Jen had messed up their trailer before they left so as to not leave any clues for the Globetrotters I honestly thought they would beat the girls on the bikes. If the Globetrotters had not had Kisha and Jen's trailer to look at they might have been left behind Gary and Mallory just because they are not great at details. I really hate it that Gary and Mallory did not win, but am just as glad that the Globetrotters did not win.

I hope that that producers make it a new rule that each team must complete legs without help from other teams especially in reference to the moped challenge in Liechtenstein.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That was another horribly designed challenge. Not only get a woman to buy a bikini, but get her to crawl into that confined tube and put it on? Who would want to do that? And wouldn't most people at the beach (as Z/J found out) have bathing suits on already? Why would they want to buy another?
    I always find it weird that they sell luggage at the airport, too. But it seemed like there were bikini vendors there plying their trade regularly so...

The thing that has always bothered me about the last leg of the race is that it is not substantially different from any other leg. Kisha and Jennifer won the leg so they won the race. But if it had ended a leg previous Gary and Mallory would have won...not sure how they would fix that though.
    Last edited by CCL; 05-09-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was reading an article about the finale and someone posted a tweet that Justin supposedly sent out after the finale. It basically said that he and Zev went to the bartending task first but seeing how far they were behind quickly went to give the bathing suit challenge a try. That explains why they were the only ones to try the bathing suit challenge.

I recall a past TAR challenge where they also had to get people to change or try on clothing in a similar manner. Don't ask me the particulars because my memory sucks There seemed to be other bathing suit vendors there but to convince people in bathing suits to not only buy a new one but to try it on while a camera is pointing at them and two stressed out guys are holding a tent over them would seem like an impossible task.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread