+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 5/8 Show Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Show Finale Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    They'd never be able to do a task like that. It took nearly ten years for the U.S. armed forces to find him, so imagine how long it would take the teams to figure out where he'd been hiding. No one wants to run a leg that long....
    I was just imagining them running around the compound trying to find to find something. What do you think they would call the challenge?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    They'd never be able to do a task like that. It took nearly ten years for the U.S. armed forces to find him, so imagine how long it would take the teams to figure out where he'd been hiding. No one wants to run a leg that long....

IDK - maybe that $1,000,000 incentive would have made civilians look harder and track OBL down a lot quicker. (Just kidding.)

Thanks for all the info on the show. It's just coming on here in MST Arizona, and I love knowing what to watch out for.

See y'all in Season 19. It's been fun!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I was just imagining them running around the compound trying to find to find something. What do you think they would call the challenge?
    Well, if it were a roadblock, they could always go with "Dead or Alive."

And let me make this clear: I'm just joking here too.

I'm 100% fine with who won.Wanted Zev and Justin to win but K/J were my second picks. I really don't give a rats behind about the cowboy leg and the one sister asking for the answer confirmation. I did not like that same sister sharing the answer with FT but she certainly wasn't the only person in the history of AR to do so nor was she in on any major conspiracy to get rid of the beloved cowboys. I really enjoyed this season and the only thing that could have made it better would have been a Zev/Justin win.

The GT's I liked for a really long time but they began to really get on my nerves towards the end. It started for me during the cowboy leg but not because I had any love or attachment to the cowboys. This leg they really were annoying at the end when they were loud while J/Z were doing the bartending task. That opinion does not come from my love of Z/J, but because they just never know when to "turn it off". Their constant "happy happy joy joy" thing combined with the sometimes misplaced athletic "trash talk" can grate at the nerves over time. It didn't bother K/J, though, because they themselves are athletes and understand the culture. How Mallory can be called out on being so darn happy all of the time and these two not being called out for not knowing when to stop cutting up bugs me, and I am no Mallory fan. Up until tonight I probably would have been fine with a GT win, by the end I was rooting for K/J harder than ever.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Newbie

I think that Justin should be applauded for taking Zev on the race with him. He gave Zev the opportunity of a life time. I don't think a lot of friends would be able to do it. He encouraged him on the whole race. Zev even encouraged Justin during the fondue challenge. Too bad Zev can't dance or they would have been in the final 3. Who's idea was it to sell bikinis? That was another mistake that held them back. I was rooting for the GT or Z/J.

I just LOVE this show!! And I agree with Phil, that finally there were four teams left where anyone could win and it would be fine (first time in years, he said). I was really rooting for Zev and Justin and the Globetrotters, but the other teams were fine too. The ending was only a little bit of a letdown, because I thought it was going to be close, and it really wasn't. But I give the girls credit!
    Do you think they made Mallory and her dad actually ride the bikes across the bridge, or once the girls won, they just gave them a ride?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tante suzie View Post
    I don't think the GT paid their taxi driver. They told him to go get gas and then they would pay him when he came back.

They definitely said they would pay him first and he should get gas and come back. Dumb mistake. What incentive did he have to come back. Better to have him wait and make a quick stop for gas than to pay him and take a chance that he would come back. I wonder how much time they lost finding another taxi.

FORT Fan

Again a bad cab driver kills a good team. It seems to happen every season.

While I'm not as happy with Kisha and Jen winning, I agree with the Globetrotters that they won because they played the game the best. They didn't let bickering get in their way long term, they didn't do challenges that could affect them long term (i.e. they ran away from the food detours remembering that Kisha had done it and ended up taking a pee break at the worst time possible, costing them the race their last go), and overall made the fewest mistakes.

Upon rethinking, I cannot fault them or any of the final three on the "cowboy conspiracy" - because really, it's similar to the food strategy Rob and Amber did many seasons ago. That was the producers' fault for letting that loophole in there (i.e. not requiring them to check the odometer), not the players. And, Jen was doing more of a confirmation (even though I think she was a bit off, and calculating mileage to get an answer), than asking for the answer. She shouldn't have shared it but again, that is fault of a loophole.

I would've prefered a Zev/Justin win, but I think that had they done the drink challenge first and not tried the bikini challenge, they'd had a chance for final three. That said, given that we didn't see each team really stop at the markers, we don't know quite how much time elapsed and it may not have mattered unless the Globetrotters in their dancing at that stop while mixing drinks knocked over half of them. That said, they went out with class and had fun. They also earned several rewards that pretty much put them up there on top winners this round. And I liked how they like Gary and Mallory, said sharing the adventure with each other was the most important thing.

That said, I think they had by far some of the best corkers and comments in this last leg of the race - "What kind of penalty will I get if I knock out the woman (waxing me)?" - Justin, which must mean it was VERY painful, and I don't fault him too much for saying it if he was in that much pain. "It would be beautiful if we were a couple" (re: walk to the pit stop) - Zev.

Gary and Mallory sadly just fell victim to a horrible cabbie. I think they may have pulled it off this go had they had a good cabbie, because it looks like they were the only one who got the RV challenge right the first go. (BTW, those things are indeed very tiny, but pretty cool inside.)

The Globetrotters... Well, they played this last leg very well, but made a couple of dumb mistakes that could've cost them the race. The biggest was goofing around in the drink challenge, because while it may not have made a difference anyway, had it been a very close drink making challenge, one dumb mistake could've knocked down half of those drinks and they may have had to be remade.

Overall, not a bad season, a good team overall won, and all four were worthy of the win. All also did better than they did the first time they competed in the race - Zev and Justin several places higher, Gary and Mallory one place higher, Globetrotters I think four places, and Kisha and Jen at least three places (fourth-first).

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    All also did better than they did the first time they competed in the race - Zev and Justin several places higher, Gary and Mallory one place higher, Globetrotters I think four places, and Kisha and Jen at least three places (fourth-first).
    Zev and Justin: 9th - 4th
    Gary and Mallory: 6th - 3rd
    Flight Time and Big Easy: 4th - 2nd
    Kisha and Jen: 4th - 1st

Jet and Cord were the only team in the top six to do worse this time around (2nd - 6th) while Kent and Vyxsin are the only team this season (I think) to match their last finish at 5th

+ Reply to Thread