+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I was surprised to see Zev at the roadblock not shoveling. My son with Asperger's works like a mule on any task you give him. The socially inappropriate comments are common. They just have no clue about social cues at all. My son can go on and on all day to his sister and he never catches her eyerolls. It is amazing when you live with someone who does not get social cues just how much of our lives are impacted by the ones we give and see.

I like the GT's overall, but sometimes the bigger one gets a little testy. i will never get over their nastiness to the Cowboys though. That will go down for me as the stupidest elimination ever. Having everyone share answers to get a team out is basically outright sabotage, and not fun to watch.

Kynt is a bigger baby than my five year old. My goodness pull my hood up do this do that yikes. I think that Vyksin needs to find someone a little more endearing and less whiny.

I hope Zev and Justin win at this point as it does my heart good to see someone with the same condition as my son doing so well at something that is extremely difficult for them. I cannot put into words how amazing Justin is for handling Zev and still making it on the show. If you have never been in a position to deal with the issues of Asperger's it is very trying. I say hats off to both guys.

Loved seeing K/V go last night. I was actually yelling for them to get a cab! I didn't mind her so much, but he was on my last nerve and his behaviour to her at the pit stop while they waited out their penalty was despicable. Hope she dumped his butt. But I fail to understand how they didn't re-read the clue, especially after they saw the other teams walking. She had a bad feeling which he pooh-poohed...if at that point they re-read the clue, turned back and walked, they probably would still be in it. It's nobody's fault but their own.

I think FT acted with grace and good sense at the chocolate task. It was probably all a mix up, and yes, perhaps BE shouldn't have been so swift to accuse V so loudly, but at least FT kept cool and just got the task done. I wonder, did he simply take one of the sides that wasn't his and complete the job? Maybe he just forgot where he was and it was actually his after all? We'll never know. For all BE was being obnoxious, Kent's mocking and mimicking him right behind his back, along with his completely ridiculous "word" with crossed arms, etc, was equally obnoxious. Do that to his face, Kent.

Really glad to see J/Z make it to the matt and finish in the top 4. I have to admit I LOL at Zev's "captain obvious" comment. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't have taken offence if he had said that to me. I probably would have laughed. Justin is a good friend, and his patience is amazing. I would be happy with any of the last 4 winning, so it's going to be a fun two hours next week!

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I was surprised to see Zev at the roadblock not shoveling. My son with Asperger's works like a mule on any task you give him. The socially inappropriate comments are common. They just have no clue about social cues at all. My son can go on and on all day to his sister and he never catches her eyerolls. It is amazing when you live with someone who does not get social cues just how much of our lives are impacted by the ones we give and see.

I like the GT's overall, but sometimes the bigger one gets a little testy. i will never get over their nastiness to the Cowboys though. That will go down for me as the stupidest elimination ever. Having everyone share answers to get a team out is basically outright sabotage, and not fun to watch.

Kynt is a bigger baby than my five year old. My goodness pull my hood up do this do that yikes. I think that Vyksin needs to find someone a little more endearing and less whiny.

I hope Zev and Justin win at this point as it does my heart good to see someone with the same condition as my son doing so well at something that is extremely difficult for them. I cannot put into words how amazing Justin is for handling Zev and still making it on the show. If you have never been in a position to deal with the issues of Asperger's it is very trying. I say hats off to both guys.
    My son has Asperger's too, and he has low muscle tone. He would have been just like Zev, tired quickly. My kid is doing better now though, and has picked up basketball as a sport. When Zev called that chocolate lady Captain Obvious we all laughed! I could so see my kid saying that lol. All our Aspie kids are different, but we love them all!

I agree, hats off to both guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    My son has Asperger's too, and he has low muscle tone. He would have been just like Zev, tired quickly. My kid is doing better now though, and has picked up basketball as a sport. When Zev called that chocolate lady Captain Obvious we all laughed! I could so see my kid saying that lol. All our Aspie kids are different, but we love them all!

I loved it as I did the "We'll take that" comment at the pit stop. I think even the chocolatier had a chuckle based on her body language, and feel that she knew he had Aspergers. (They were probably forewarned or Justin gave them a head's up in case he made the very astute comment).

I have wondered though if it was indeed a solid chocolate gnome or if they did it as a hollow form. The reason I ask is because a 30 minute freeze wouldn't be long enough for a solid chocolate gnome to freeze properly, even in the snow. (And I do wonder if they even ate them or sold them).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover View Post
    I still love the Globetrotters. Don't blame them for being upset that someone took their mold. And this is a game for a million dollars... they got a penalty on an earlier leg for accidentally taking someone's fanny pack (and they put it back) so, if I were them, I would want to ensure that whomever took my mold got a similar penalty. I am disappointed with the producers for not following up on this and awarding a penalty to whomever took it. (they must have it on tape)
    Actually they got penalized for not putting it back where they found it. They dropped it where they were when they figured out it wasn't theirs instead of taking it back where they found it. It cost the other team time in trying to find their fanny pack and that's what caused the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Actually they got penalized for not putting it back where they found it. They dropped it where they were when they figured out it wasn't theirs instead of taking it back where they found it. It cost the other team time in trying to find their fanny pack and that's what caused the penalty.
    That is why they were assessed the penalty, and I found it interesting that Ron and Christina have said post show that they were surprised the GT's were assessed the penalty.

I have read interviews from Kent and Vyxsyn, and I will say that they read a lot as playing the victim and that Vyxsyn was "bullied" by the Globetrotters. Bullying implies threats and the like, and that I didn't hear from them. Yes, they were over the top, but for the Goths to act all uppity about it yet we saw their ugly side - particularly Kent (who is more of the victim type in the duo), blaming Vyxsyn for the loss never mind he blew off her concern, I cannot feel sympathy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post

Yes, we discussed this issue to death after the prior episode, but to recap:

1. Most people (including me) were not upset over the U-turn. That was a legitimate use of strategy.

2. We were upset by the attitudes displayed throughout the episode. GT telling Gary he was going to give away an answer so as to deliberately make it harder for the Cowboys; the other teams failing to legitimately complete a task but simply accepting an answer they didn't earn. The whole thing reeked of bad sportsmanship.

As for the chocolate thing, of course it would be natural to be upset. As Ducky said, though, it was the way BE kept going on and on like a bully while FT just got on with the task. And great reminder, Sweet Pea, about how Kent was just as obnoxious. (sigh) I am SO ready for this season to be over....

I did wonder as Kent kept going down...and down...whether Vixsyin was doing it deliberately, even if unconsciously. I felt like I was watching one of those horror movies from the 50's. (Remember "The Fly"? "Help me! Help me!" )

Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

Poor design of challenges two weeks back-to-back! The cycling odometer roadblock last week, and the chocolate fiasco this week!

There should be some form of labelling on the mould to identify the team's work. After all, when considering that all teams are going to dump their mould into the same freezer, there could easily be a mix-up especially with the tension arising from the race!

Furthermore, all the teams (except Zev and Justin) were neck-to-neck in the roadblock, and a slightest confusion or mix-up could have potentially resulted in a team being eliminated through no fault of their own!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

My son is much like your son, he has some muscle tone issues. He also has played basketball and baseball for years and has improved tremendously, however, I could see him being much like Zev and wearing down during certain types of physical tasks.

That being said, I guess the common thread is the things that come out of their mouths and the deadpan manner in which they state them. My son and his friends have said some classics!

As for the other teams, I honestly would be happy to see any of them win, but Zev and Justin are at the top of my wish list. My son is also a diabetic, and with a diabetic winning last year if an aspie won this year he'd be over the moon!

The rest of my list goes as follows-J/K, the GT's, and finally G&M.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

What always bothered me about Vyxin and a bit about Kent is that they put their makeup on so badly. If you want the Goth look go ahead but do it right. V's eyebrows are horrible and the overcaked eyeliner and clumpy mascara were awful. Oh, Vyxin, conditioner is your friend, please use some.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread