+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I love that Zev and Justin are still in this. I crack up all the time due to Zev's comments.

The very best scene this week, is when the lovely, nice chocolate lady was filling Zev's gnome with chocolate and explaining why it was getting heavy... "because I'm filling it with chocolate."
    His response? "thank you, captain obvious." Out loud. Justin starts yelling that he can't say stuff like that. And it's all made funnier by that nasal tone of his.
    We all think things like that, Zev says it aloud and gets away with it. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Specifically, they took a cab, when the instructions clearly stated they needed to walk to the pit stop. They also went by several teams who were walking while riding in their cab, and yet it never occurred to them that maybe there was a reason for that (though Vyxsin did say she had a "bad feeling" which Kent poo-pooed; neither of them bothered to recheck the clue, but I'm not sure that would have made a difference, because once they got in the cab, they had an unfair advantage, even if they didn't take it all the way to the pit stop).
    They would have had to take the cab back to where they started and then walk. If they'd done that they may not have gone home but glad they did. I was worried that Z/J would go home and like them.

I didn't blame Big Easy for being mad about the missing chocolate but thought that FT handled it much better by just carrying on and finishing. I wish they'd shown what happened. Maybe Phil will talk about it.

I've always liked the GT's and now like Z/J but really don't dislike any of the teams so am not all that worried about who wins now that the Cowboys are gone. I'm just so happy that Kent has gone although had to laugh when Vyxsin rewrote history when she said he's the best teammate.

Vyxsin has to be delusional! Man, poor girl! If she truly thinks Kent is the best teammate, I feel sorry for her! From the show that we have seen he is not ever going to carry his share of the load. They both need help in my opinion!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teatime View Post
    Zev has Asperger Syndrome, a form of autism. It's a testament to his grit and Justin's friendship, patience and encouragement that he has done so well in 2 seasons of AR.

Many people with Asperger Syndrome have a wide variety of other issues, one being soft muscle tone and fine motor issues. I believe that is what you saw happening, he just got tired faster. I love Zev for his bravery to overcome so many things and participate in TAR, and Justin is a wonderful friend to help him and stand by him the way he has. Gotta love Zev's humor too, he's always saying something funny.
    Last edited by mesachick; 05-02-2011 at 10:55 AM.

I lost my enthusiasm for the GT's last week, and this week they didn't gain any points with me.

I love Zev's comments. There hilarious. I'll be happy with Z/J, M/K or J/K winning this. Even though the answer was given to J/K last week I still think they've ran the race well.

I can understand the Globe Trotters being upset, but they really had no idea whose gnome had gotten mixed up with theirs, or even if there really had been a mix up. FT might have just been confused about which gnome half he put where.

Treating Vyxsin the way they did was cruel and unacceptable, and treating her that way even though they had no real idea if there really was a mix up or who there was a mix up with, acting that way was juvenile and completely uncalled for, but we've seen some of this kind of behavior from them in the past so it wasn't a total shock.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I love that Zev and Justin are still in this. I crack up all the time due to Zev's comments.

The very best scene this week, is when the lovely, nice chocolate lady was filling Zev's gnome with chocolate and explaining why it was getting heavy... "because I'm filling it with chocolate."
    His response? "thank you, captain obvious." Out loud. Justin starts yelling that he can't say stuff like that. And it's all made funnier by that nasal tone of his.
    We all think things like that, Zev says it aloud and gets away with it. I love it.
    That was quite funny. A real LOL moment.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I can understand the Globe Trotters being upset, but they really had no idea whose gnome had gotten mixed up with theirs, or even if there really had been a mix up. FT might have just been confused about which gnome half he put where.

Treating Vyxsin the way they did was cruel and unacceptable, and treating her that way even though they had no real idea if there really was a mix up or who there was a mix up with, acting that way was juvenile and completely uncalled for, but we've seen some of this kind of behavior from them in the past so it wasn't a total shock.
    We DVR this because we can never get home to see the beginning so I think I will go back and see how much each of the teams had actually done at the point the mix-up occurred. I don't believe that the one FT ended up finishing was the one he was working on originally as it didn't have as much finished if I am remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post

One thing I like about the GT is that they don't hold grudges and always help people out. So I didn't put too much into this argument. Plus it coming down to the wire and everybody's nerves are frayed right not. I'm sure another outburst is coming next week from other team members.

Someone mentioned Zev's corker of lines the other day (i.e. "The Matterhorn, named after the Disney ride"), but I remembered one that seems to not have been mentioned:

At the Pit Stop, after Phil tells them that they were the last team to arrive but are advancing because of Kent and Vyxsyn's penalty, Justin sighs in relief, but Zev says deadpan "We'll take that."

This is probably the most obvious statement ever said, but it is very honest and how he delivers it is funny.

Mesachick, thank you for explaining further other issues with Asperger's. I had a feeling that he was getting pretty tired and Justin was frustrated, but fortunately both still worked hard enough to get the body out of the snow and continue. I still think that for them this was the better option, but it still was a challenge.

(BTW, I do find it funny that BOTH searchers ended up basically killing their rescue. Gary "broke" his neck and both had them split in half. )

+ Reply to Thread