+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

FORT Newbie

Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

Given the half-truth K/V gave out about their penalty in a previous leg, I think that Kent's promising Gary to lead them both to "the final guy" and then bolting has cemented Kent's unreliability/underhandedness in the minds of all of the teams and has doomed K/V to no further partnerships with any other teams.

The other teams, however, seem cooperative and trustworthy, the only thing I'd look out for is simply one or two teams who decide at this stage that they're going to be completely independent and not form even momentary or task-based alliances. That's not underhanded or dishonest, just strategy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by binky101 View Post
    Given the half-truth K/V gave out about their penalty in a previous leg, I think that Kent's promising Gary to lead them both to "the final guy" and then bolting has cemented Kent's unreliability/underhandedness in the minds of all of the teams and has doomed K/V to no further partnerships with any other teams.

The other teams, however, seem cooperative and trustworthy, the only thing I'd look out for is simply one or two teams who decide at this stage that they're going to be completely independent and not form even momentary or task-based alliances. That's not underhanded or dishonest, just strategy.
    Jen kind of did that when she started to work with Big Easy and then told him she was heading out on her own. I have problem with that, however. She made it clear that she was going out on her own, and they hadn't made an agreement to do the entire task together. Kent, however, approached Gary with the idea of working together with Kent leading Gary to the last guy in exchange for his help--and then he just ditched him. That, combined with how horribly rude he was about that local guy being evicted from the cab he needed really irritated me. Yes, he's in a race, but the other guy was already in the cab and if he didn't want to get out, he didn't have to get out. Maybe the reason he was in the cab was important to him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I'm okay with Vyxsin now that she's recovered from the freakout she had a few episodes ago. I've always liked her a lot, and honestly, I can't blame her for jumping into the river, I'd have done the same thing, considering the boat driver was completely ignoring them and either would've eventually carried them off or stayed stuck there.
    Understandable, maybe, but not terribly wise. The Ganges is one of the most polluted rivers on earth. Millions of Indians bathe in it every year since, as Mallory said, they believe it will cleanse their sins. The ashes of cremated people are also put in there because of its sacredness. Just watching Vyxsin jump in there made me want to go take a bath.

Kent, though? Yeah, he's lost me. In his first race, he snapped once or twice, but in this one, he mostly just snaps, and has become incredibly rude. I don't blame him for leaving Gary behind because, well, it's a race. But he should not have promised to take Gary to the last man. He simply could've just followed Gary around without making any deals, but now he pulled off that move, Gary & Mallory will likely tell the rest, and now they'll see the Goths as a highly untrustworthy team. Nice job screwing everything up, Kent, you dork.

I thought about that, too. Now Gary is going to (rightfully) badmouth Kent, so how likely are he and Vyxsin to get help now on future challenges? Great going, Kent. With all of his bad behavior this episode (that was just disgusting watching him yank that passenger out of the taxi ), Kent has officially lost my goodwill.

I thought it was hilarious that Christina and the others were worried about the Cowboys showing up. And sure enough, they showed the others why. Go, Jett! I wonder how much time it actually took him to do that holy man challenge? And I thought it was cute when the buffalo tried to eat the grass.

It was brave of those teams who took on the manure challenge. I would have been gagging just like K/J. It was funny, though, when the lady told the teams their cow patties were wrong.

Did anybody else think it was cute when Justin called Mallory "Mal-mal"?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Kent has finally, completely lost my favor. He started being nasty a few episodes ago, and has been rude more than once...then he screwed Greg (Mallory's dad). Not cute, not game-play, just more selfish, juvenile behavior on his part. Sorry, my opinion and I own it

Cowboys...gotta love them! I loved how everybody was worrying about where they were. Giddyup They should be worried!

Globetrotters...what's not to like about them? Seriously.

Keesha and Jen (is that right?)... I just don't like them much. They showed a sour attitude this episode, and that's always a turn off for me (with the cab driver, bickering over the poop wall). I didn't care for them much last time they were on, and I'm not warming up this go round either.

Zev and ...whats-his-name are doing so well! I really felt badly for Zev with that noise! My son has a very, very mild version of Asbergers, and noise sends him into a tizzy! What we would find annoying is like "nails on a chalkboard" to them. So glad someone gave him some earplugs!

Is that everybody? Can't wait until next episode!
    Last edited by SugarMama; 04-11-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I thought it was hilarious that Christina and the others were worried about the Cowboys showing up. And sure enough, they showed the others why. Go, Jett! I wonder how much time it actually took him to do that holy man challenge? And I thought it was cute when the buffalo tried to eat the grass.

Wasn't it Cord, not Jett, who did the Holy Man challenge? Loved how he gleefully greeted the first guy he found with a cheerful "Howdy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Wasn't it Cord, not Jett, who did the Holy Man challenge? Loved how he gleefully greeted the first guy he found with a cheerful "Howdy!"

I luv 'em both, so I get them mixed up.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I remembered after watching the first or second episode that I did not like the way Kent barks orders at Vyxsin. He orders her around like a dog. I had to LOL when she jumped into the water and he grabbed her arm like he was gonna yank her right back in the boat!!

Kent yelling at her to get out of that water was probably the only time I agreed with him last night.
    K/V were never my favorite team, but I had nothing against them (that I can remember) the first go around. This time we've seen some bad behavior. The way they threw that guy out of the cab was awful. That being said, while I'm certainly hoping they are the next ones gone since I basically really like the rest of the teams left, I was hoping they pulled it together and went out on a high note. This has been a great season and right now the way they are behaving is my only sour note. The previews for next week show them being nasty again. Too bad. Does not look like redemption will come next week!

I wish AR had a reunion show. Would love to hear more tales of their race around the world as well as to see their reactions after they've seen themselves on tv. I don't always follow everything they have on the CBS site so a reunion show would be really nice for viewers like me.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Originally Posted by weizer2 View Post
    As for the Cowboy's, I don't know how anyone could like them. During their last race with Daniel and Jordan, Daniel said Jet had called his brother Jordan a 'f*g' and mentioned that he "hates gays." Some may not believe that because they are so infatuated with the Cowboy's, but a statement about them just cannot be made up, and the Cowboy's have never rebutted it.
    Weizer, I respect your opinion and your right to not like the cowboys. But, as you've brought this up again - and it's a NON-RACE related event - I wish to address it.

Again... this alleged comment was made AFTER the race at a party, not during.

The only people who have mentioned Jet's alleged comment to Jordon are JUST the brothers (Caite has made the claim too; however, given her actions against Brandy and Carol, I seriously throw her credibility into question).

I personally feel and maintain this claim was made by the brothers because of the popularity of the cowboys and how many felt that there was rule breaking on Dan/Jordan's part by moving up to first class during the flight. Apparently it was in the rules at the time, or they'd been too far back and the cowboys would've won (the difference in just a basic penalty would've determined it - the cowboys were about 20 minutes behind, and would've won if a 30 min. penalty was assessed like with Kent/Vyxsin this year).

And - for your edification, statements can be made up by anyone, and if the cowboys had ever said that during the race, they'd most likely changed the way the editing was done on the race to make them look like the bad guys and D/J the good guys so you'd root for them when they beat the evil cowboys.

(To everyone else, this is harsh I know, but going by observations of editing along these lines in many shows, you know this would be that way - especially since Caite's comment against Brandy and Carol on their season. If it DID happen during the season, you would've expected it to be shown).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as the actual leg this go, Vyxsin's decision save them in this leg of the race IMHO. That said, I would expect some ramifications of her decision to come about if she swallowed any of the water. The Ganges River is as others have said, and yes, it can make her very sick.

If Ron had not tried to go to another country to find the people in the roadblock, they'd been safe over Kent and Vyxsin.

I like Vyxsin - she's got smarts - but really truly am upset with Kent. I know he lost his father not too long before the race; however, his actions are very disappointing. Makes me wish that they'd assessed the 30 minute penalty for removing people from a taxi - especially if the current tenants have paid for it. That said, the difference may have been moot and they'd still been in the race.

That said, I'm practically rooting for anyone but the Goths at this time to win the race. The Goths winning will not disappoint me given how they came back from a deficit in the double leg, but it won't be as satisfying as someone who has played the game as well as they can from start to finish. Going by that, I would root for Zev and Justin as they've had quite a few first and second place finishes.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weizer2
    As for the Cowboy's, I don't know how anyone could like them. During their last race with Daniel and Jordan, Daniel said Jet had called his brother Jordan a 'f*g' and mentioned that he "hates gays." Some may not believe that because they are so infatuated with the Cowboy's, but a statement about them just cannot be made up, and the Cowboy's have never rebutted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain
    Or some may not believe that story because there was never any evidence proving this was ever said. And why is it that a statement about them cannot be made up? Any statement at all by anyone about anyone else can most certainly be made up.
    I may have weighed in on this issue in another thread, but I'll do it again, I think. I totally agree with mushybrain here. I think there were a few teams who were disappointed with their "edit" that season, and annoyed that the cowboys popularity was so high. Dan and Jordan won, but many people didn't like them (partly for their cheap trick of cutting a line in front of the cowboys at the airport in that final leg) It wasn't even good gameplay but just more like cheating.
    The reaction by the public was really negative to the winners but favourable to the cowboys. Sure enough, suddenly Dan and Jordan are trying to say what bad guys the cowboys were... and using the most damning thing they could find. Well, you can't like a guy who is a gay-hater right??
    Honestly, it just feels like another cheap Jordan and Dan trick borne out of jealousy.

I could totally be wrong... but once again, it comes down to proof. There was NONE, but there is reason as to why Dan and Jordan would want to bring down the cowboys.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-11-2011 at 09:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread