+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 105

Thread: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

  1. #61
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    K/V lost it this leg. R/C ran that leg without bickering! Cowboys made a good comeback. Pleased with the finish order this leg of the race. Hopefully we won't see this side of K/V again on the race.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  2. #62
    FORT Fanatic fijibeachbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sigh... in Ohio, far from the beach
    Posts
    454

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    It looked as if the sun had already begun to set by the time they were on the water taxi and it was still in the sky when K/V arrived at the pitstop, so I don't think it was that close.

  3. #63
    FORT Fanatic fijibeachbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sigh... in Ohio, far from the beach
    Posts
    454

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    K/V lost it this leg. R/C ran that leg without bickering! Cowboys made a good comeback. Pleased with the finish order this leg of the race. Hopefully we won't see this side of K/V again on the race.
    And it doesn't look good for them next week either.

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    K/V seem to be breaking down more often.

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,383

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I could have sworn Kent told Mallory's dad (whose name is escaping me) that if they worked together, he'd show him where the final guy was. Am I confusing him with someone else? If that's the case, it was pretty lousy of him to ditch him like that.
    You are correct. I was hoping that karma would bite Kent and in a way it did.
    There's no place like home!

  6. #66
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,530

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    . . . And Ron.. well he is still lost.
    How will he ever figure out how to get Christine to the right end of the aisle at her wedding?


  7. #67
    FORT Fan JenCos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    165

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    This is the first time that I can remember liking all the teams at this stage in the race. I didn't like what Kent pulled on Gary, so I was glad Gary and Mallory finished ahead of K/V. Looks like K/V continue to have problems next week so won't be unhappy if they leave at this point with the attitude being shown.

    It is really nice to not really dislike any of the remaining teams...so much more enjoyable to watch knowing I will like, rather than worrying I will dislike, the team that wins....although I do still have my favorites

  8. #68
    FORT Fogey navybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,434

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    Quote Originally Posted by JenCos View Post
    This is the first time that I can remember liking all the teams at this stage in the race. I didn't like what Kent pulled on Gary, so I was glad Gary and Mallory finished ahead of K/V. Looks like K/V continue to have problems next week so won't be unhappy if they leave at this point with the attitude being shown.

    It is really nice to not really dislike any of the remaining teams...so much more enjoyable to watch knowing I will like, rather than worrying I will dislike, the team that wins....although I do still have my favorites
    With the exception of K/V, I also like everyone left. It sure is nice not having the terrible fighting or abrasive personalities and hoping those people don't win. It was fun tonight to follow Phil's tweets, and Zev had his input too. That seemed like a rough leg for him, but he's hanging in there!

    I really like the Cowboys (so does Phil!), and the Globetrotters, but really if any of the remaining teams (minus K/V) win I will be happy for them.

  9. #69
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    Oh man, first Pia and now Ron & Christina? It has personally been hard to be a reality TV fan in recent days.

    Vyxsin going in the water is all sorts of bad news. I took an Environmental AP class last year, and I remember reading an article about how dirty the Ganges River is. I would love to visit it some day, but never would I take a dip in it. And not to mention that it looked like she got some of the water in her mouth! I would rub my mouth with a bar -- no, two bars -- of soap if that happened to me.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  10. #70
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,762

    Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

    Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    With the exception of K/V, I also like everyone left. It sure is nice not having the terrible fighting or abrasive personalities and hoping those people don't win. It was fun tonight to follow Phil's tweets, and Zev had his input too. That seemed like a rough leg for him, but he's hanging in there!

    I really like the Cowboys (so does Phil!), and the Globetrotters, but really if any of the remaining teams (minus K/V) win I will be happy for them.
    I concur. With the exception of K/V, whose bickering with each other and treatment of other racers and locals bugged me this episode, I could live with anyone else winning the race at this point. I also really like the Globetrotters and the Cowboys, however, mostly because they never let the pressure get to them, and they can both be funny teams as well. I appreciated Zev this episode too, because he was so pleased with himself for being able to do something--manage the noise and crowds--that a year ago he'd not have been able to do. What he's getting out of this race is likely worth more than a million dollars to him.

    Aside from K/V, the only team I have trouble with is Kisha/Jen, and that's only because they've sort of faded into the background for me this time around. I don't dislike them. I just kind of forget they're there, because the other teams have bigger personalities on them. I wouldn't hate it if they won, but if they were philiminated, it wouldn't bother me either.

    However, the fact that the drama-free teams seem better able to survive in what is kind of an all-star situation says something about what's really necessary in a TAR winning team. True, some really argumentative teams have won, but teams seem to go further more often if they don't blow up easily at each other, their competitors, or the locals.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.