+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

Re: 4/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers****

I thought it was ironic that Ron got eliminated due to a task involving wise men...
    "Weird scenes inside the gold mine
    Ride the highway west, baby"-The End, by The Doors

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I wish AR had a reunion show. Would love to hear more tales of their race around the world as well as to see their reactions after they've seen themselves on tv. I don't always follow everything they have on the CBS site so a reunion show would be really nice for viewers like me.
    I would love that!
    Last edited by NCLurker; 04-12-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I would love that!
    Me too! I have always wished they'd spend some time with the racers, like they do with the contestants on Survivor. I don't know why they don't. I can only imagine how many funny stories there would be to tell.

Originally Posted by weizer2
    "As for the Cowboy's, I don't know how anyone could like them. During their last race with Daniel and Jordan, Daniel said Jet had called his brother Jordan a 'f*g' and mentioned that he "hates gays." Some may not believe that because they are so infatuated with the Cowboy's, but a statement about them just cannot be made up"

You obviously have the right to be "infatuated" with whoever you wish, but I don't understand your logic. Why can't a statement about the cowboys be made up? Dan and Jordan had ample reason to make it up, or misunderstand or misrepresent or exaggerate, so why can it not be made up?

I loved Mallory giving Zev the earplugs this leg. I have a nephew who has aspergers and know how difficult that atmosphere would be for him. I am really enjoying this season with mostly teams that I like a lot, or at least don't mind, and everyone (almost everyone *ahem* Kint, or Kent, or whatever his name is this season) being helpful and kind to each other, although I still don't think they should be allowed to outright give the answers to other teams.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Originally Posted by weizer2
    "As for the Cowboy's, I don't know how anyone could like them. During their last race with Daniel and Jordan, Daniel said Jet had called his brother Jordan a 'f*g' and mentioned that he "hates gays." Some may not believe that because they are so infatuated with the Cowboy's, but a statement about them just cannot be made up"

You obviously have the right to be "infatuated" with whoever you wish, but I don't understand your logic. Why can't a statement about the cowboys be made up? Dan and Jordan had ample reason to make it up, or misunderstand or misrepresent or exaggerate, so why can it not be made up?

I loved Mallory giving Zev the earplugs this leg. I have a nephew who has aspergers and know how difficult that atmosphere would be for him. I am really enjoying this season with mostly teams that I like a lot, or at least don't mind, and everyone (almost everyone *ahem* Kint, or Kent, or whatever his name is this season) being helpful and kind to each other, although I still don't think they should be allowed to outright give the answers to other teams.
    I agree with not just giving the answers to other teams. That seems unfair, because if they can do that in a mental task, then they ought to be able to do that in a physical task too. If they can't help someone else, say, carry a heavy load, then they shouldn't be able to help someone else figure out a tricky puzzle. I'm okay with teams working together on a task, as they did with the wise men, but not just doing the work for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I may have weighed in on this issue in another thread, but I'll do it again, I think. I totally agree with mushybrain here. I think there were a few teams who were disappointed with their "edit" that season, and annoyed that the cowboys popularity was so high. Dan and Jordan won, but many people didn't like them (partly for their cheap trick of cutting a line in front of the cowboys at the airport in that final leg) It wasn't even good gameplay but just more like cheating.
    The reaction by the public was really negative to the winners but favourable to the cowboys. Sure enough, suddenly Dan and Jordan are trying to say what bad guys the cowboys were... and using the most damning thing they could find. Well, you can't like a guy who is a gay-hater right?? Honestly, it just feels like another cheap Jordan and Dan trick borne out of jealousy. I could totally be wrong... but once again, it comes down to proof. There was NONE, but there is reason as to why Dan and Jordan would want to bring down the cowboys.
    I never liked the brothers. That entire season they came across to me as whiny and rude. They proved that they were selfish and greedy with their conduct in the final episode (I had forgotten about the cutting in line, so thanks for the reminder). I remember distinctly that the Cowboys said on-camera when it was all over "We may have lost but at least we still have our honor intact." I would call being humiliated by your rival on national television (and having the viewing audience agree with your rival) a sufficient reason to slander somebody.

I'm so proud of Zev for tolerating all the stress of this race. My autistic students are very sensitive to noise, so I can only imagine how stressful this must be for Zev. Kudos to them for remaining so positive.

I agree with the others that I don't care who wins, which is a nice feeling. I wouldn't be quite as satisfied if K/V won, but I still like Vyxsin so it wouldn't be all that bad. In an ideal world the Cowboys or the GT's would win, but I'll be happy with any team.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Regular

Good for Zev dealing with the noise--I can totally sympathize, because I have the same problem. Noise just seems amplified and kind of crowds out all other thought. For me, it's like my brain's become kind of itchy, with no way to scratch.

That said, I don't like J/Z. They're too "dudebro" for me. Like an "almost alpha" male team. But not quite. Their attitude toward each other is fine, but toward the other teams has always been a little abrasive. There isn't as much camaraderie with them and the other teams, either. Which, not to say teams should all sing kumbayah, but it's nice when they get along. This isn't Survivor.

Kent has sure gotten whiny. I think Vyxsin (dear god, I don't know how to spell it) has been doing okay, but Kent's losing it more and more. Then she becomes like a drill sergeant and has to whip him into shape. His Kentucky accent doesn't help. Makes him sound whinier. I wouldn't mind if they won, but I think more for her sake than his.

And Ron was the last person on the face of the earth who should have done that roadblock. Oh dear. Poor Christina.

Cowboys: While I love these guys perseverance and determination, that airline ticket clerk did not lie to you. His airline's earliest flight to Varnasi was 11:45. It is the responsibility of the racers to find the fastest flight.

Kent and Vyxsin: just plain rude and immature. Kent is a whinny girly man and needs to grow a set and stop blaming everyone else when he bumps his head. Wish karma had repeated itself and had them eliminated in India again.

Ron and Christina: Kinda sad to see them go, they can be such good racers than Ron go into La La Land and makes a huge mistake.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I found that comment Jordan Pious made about the cowboys on another reality fan site. He made 5 comments, the first 3 are about the race.

1.That if moving to first class was cheating they would have been cheating and penalized for it.

2.That it was an emotional charged situation that caused the one brother to sneak their bags in front of the cowboys. (Emotionally charged?) Again no breaking the rules.

3. Comment about how the cowboys performed at during the Star Wars challenge.

4. Calling the cowboys cowards because they said Dan and Jordan cheated and none of the other teams made similar comments. Seriously, how is that cowardly.

5. Said that Jet called Jordan Pious a "fag" to his face on this birthday in front of his mother the night before the finale aired.

I find it very hard to believe to Texas boys who have shown how polite they are by not making a confrontation over the line cutting and not stepping in front of another competitor during the Star Wars challenge would do something like that. If it really happened I want to hear Mom Pious's side of it.

Overall the Pious Brothers should just keep their mouths shut and enjoy their money. As far as editing the show, which again the mentioned that the Cowboys were not so nice. Still who acted badly when the cameras were on them, the Cowboys or the Pious Brothers?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-14-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Why the heck are the Pious Brothers all of a sudden posting their comments on another site now and not when their race was done? Who cares, just sore winners I guess.

+ Reply to Thread