+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 3/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

RE: Luke - I assumed that being deaf might've hindered his taste ability - how often do we all have ear infections and/or colds and things taste differently to us? That was just my assumption, though.

I can't judge him for his tantrums - yes, it'd be easy for me to tell him to man up but I'm not walking in his shoes. I don't know if he tastes the cups and they all taste the same. IDK if there's something else going on and he doesn't know how to deal with emotions well. But I do know what it's like to have young kids who have meltdowns and I'll get the looks and stares but no one realizes the only reason they're with me in the store is to buy their antibiotics or something like that. But it's so easy for us to judge others w/o knowing the full story. [And this isn't meant towards anyone who has posted before me - this is just my philosophy on it all. ]

Regarding Margie if she was enabling him, then she would've let him give up and throw in the towel. Instead, she encouraged and cheered him on and praised him when he finally completed the task. Isn't that what we moms should be teaching our kids - not to give up, even when things seem desperate and they'd like nothing more to take the easy way out and walk away? I think she did a great job.

I, too, loved when the Indian men were cheering him on - it's the best part of the human spirit - to cheer on those who are down and out and I loved that they showed it's universal.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am sorry Luke and Margie are gone I wish they had had a faster cab and beaten the Globetrotters.

Hey - thems fighting words!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Shouldn't we, as mothers, be readying our children for the world when we are no longer there to protect them? We should be teaching them survival skills because everybody is not going to love and tolerate them the way that we do. Overprotection can be a more serious handicap than a whole lot of other things.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Shouldn't we, as mothers, be readying our children for the world when we are no longer there to protect them? We should be teaching them survival skills because everybody is not going to love and tolerate them the way that we do. Overprotection can be a more serious handicap than a whole lot of other things.

As the saying goes... you give birth and then start letting them go. It starts right at that moment. It's WHY we are parents.

Ron, on the other hand, is one of those parents who seems more the child sometimes. He's certainly a bit mental, often annoying as well, but I kind of find him ridiculous to the point of funny. In my mind, they should be the ones to go next (my least favourite team left) but I'll miss them when they do go.

I just realized there are no teams left on the race that I don't like! I'd be happy with anyone left winning.

This was one of my favorite episodes ever.
    I love that so many of these teams are so encouraging to the others. Great sportsmanship.
    As far as Margie/Luke, I have felt that he can be whiny. However, I do think that Margie does a great job of encouraging him, so I wouldn't be that hard on her. I also loved where he got the support from the Indian men, as well as the Globetrotters. I just love the GT's. They're great guys; so supportive and kind.
    And, while Mallory can get on my nerves with her endless supplications to a higher power, I do admire her vivacity and positive spirit. Have to give her strong kudos for that.
    I really wish Zev hadn't broken the tea cup, but did understand his frustration.
    Loved when Kisha / Jen had the lightbulb moment about the Snapple bottle. I was so hoping they were not going to succumb to the same problem they had in their prior season.
    I was even able to tolerate Ron this episode. At least, he did credit the Indians for the "beat" in the music.
    I'm very much liking all the teams right now and I still find this my favorite of all the reality shows.
    Way to go TAR!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Well I have a question. When they were still in China and went to the place where they first drank the papaya/mango tea, the lady behind the counter gives them their clue and something else wrapped up. What was that other object? Did I miss how that item came into play?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

As the saying goes... you give birth and then start letting them go. It starts right at that moment. It's WHY we are parents.

Ron, on the other hand, is one of those parents who seems more the child sometimes. He's certainly a bit mental, often annoying as well, but I kind of find him ridiculous to the point of funny. In my mind, they should be the ones to go next (my least favourite team left) but I'll miss them when they do go.

I just realized there are no teams left on the race that I don't like! I'd be happy with anyone left winning.
    I actually kinda like Ron except when he harps on Christina. That said, given there has been the reverse happen, I say it's at least equal. They do at least get that in the end they have each other, and I think a lot of this is more the stress of the game than it is their real relationship (I think it's improved a bit from that angle). Save the rock throwing incident, I have actually found the sparring quite funny.

And I'm just like you - I will be happy with any team winning who is left. The main team I couldn't stand - Jamie and Cara, were already eliminated last week, and I wasn't as enamored with Margie and Luke this go. Mike and Mel are probably the only team who has left I was sad to see go 100 percent, but given Mel was not doing well physically, I'm glad they left early in the race so he didn't get seriously sick.

Now, I will say though if Brook and Claire had replaced J&C (which I think was going to happen originally, but then when one of the shoppers was pregnant they had to decline), I would've been sad to see them leave.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I really wish Zev hadn't broken the tea cup, but did understand his frustration.
    I think part of this is frustration, and given his Aspergers, that could've compounded the problem and that's how he reacted. I've seen some autistic children who get very hyper when frustrated, but yet calm down when they see a calming influence (my case it was my blonde hair). Here with Zev it's probably Justin, so that helped them out. I still am trying to figure out the pajamas though, but at least no matter the reason Zev had fun and they did well overall.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    Well I have a question. When they were still in China and went to the place where they first drank the papaya/mango tea, the lady behind the counter gives them their clue and something else wrapped up. What was that other object? Did I miss how that item came into play?
    I think that was a wrapped disc of tea leaves, they had to bring it with them and turn it in before the tea drinking challenge. As much as I drink tea, I would have loved that challenge!

Won't miss Margie and Luke, they were never big favorites of mine.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I think that was a wrapped disc of tea leaves, they had to bring it with them and turn it in before the tea drinking challenge. As much as I drink tea, I would have loved that challenge!

Won't miss Margie and Luke, they were never big favorites of mine.
    Yep, that was a brick of tea. As for the pajamas, Zev said at the beginning of the episode that he'd decided to wear the pajamas because he thought they needed to change up their luck (or something like that).
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread