+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Re: 3/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    What happened there? I missed it, and all I saw was Mallory hitting everyone.

Tea taste roadblock, where Luke has his meltdown.
    What does Margie think when they see the videos of this 20 something acting like a frustrated four year-old? This kid has been crippled by enabling, his hearing is the least of his struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am sorry Luke and Margie are gone I wish they had had a faster cab and beaten the Globetrotters.
    So overdue. I can't stand watching these two. What a pair! I hope she's proud of the completely dependent child she's helped create and enable.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I am glad to see Luke/Margie gone. Luke is such a whiney baby. Watching him, I get the idea when things do not go his way he throws a temper tantrum and mommy fixes it. It was not a difficult (physical) task, like the ones Margie always does. What the heck was he bawling like a baby about? Sorry, but glad he is gone.
    Couldn't have said it better. They're a matched pair and disgusting.

Thanks for the recapping! I came home from a family outing to find my TiVo endlessly trying to acquire channels, meaning my CableCards are not working what an unreliable system! Off to Comcast in the morning. BTW, to stick with thread, I'm glad Margie & Luke are done, love the Globetrotters!
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Every year for as long as I can remember the season finale of Survivor has always been on Mother's Day. My birthday sometimes falls on Mother's Day, so I have the day off from work, get Mother's Day gifts, birthday gifts, and I finish off the day with the Survivor finale! Not a bad day!

For the past few seasons, I think I recall that The Amazing Race has fallen on Mother's Day and Survivor the Sunday afterwards. I'm not sure for how many seasons that has happened, but one or the other has fallen on that Sunday for years.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3 View Post
    TAR was on an hour earlier in Canada - and... somehow CBS posted 12 videos (ie the WHOLE show!) earlier today (they've been blocked now) but it made for some interesting scrambles on the online games some message boards host (all for fun of course)

interesting day for sure!

No TAR next week (CMA awards)

then a 2 hour finale! It cant be over this soon!
    This is where I read it, but that can't be right.

Has anyone found The Elimination Stage for TAR 18? I haven't located it yet.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

To me, it was a lose situation seeing Margie/Luke go out like they did. I know everyone had to do the RB, and it did seem that those who got done first got done a lot quicker than the ones who left last. But I hate seeing a team have that kind of luck because they don't have the stomach for something wind up getting way behind. However, it maybe because I love tea, but considering some of the gross foods they've had to eat over the years, I think I could manage taking sips of tea. This challenge would have been for me. But this is a good example why I hate twists thrown in like the U-Turn. A team can undo itself no problem without having to worry about doing another task. And then there were the team who apparently had trouble in the taxis on the way to the PS with traffic.

But on the win side, I am glad the GT are still in it. They had an equally tough time at the RB, and I'm sure it was just as frustrating seeing all the other teams finish and run out, knowing you were getting that much further behind. Plus, they splashed paint on their statue at the detour and had to fix it, which could have set them back. I don't know how close Margie/Luke were getting to the PS behind them, but for a split second, I almost thought they beat them there, when it took so long to cut to the mat. The GT are a fun team to watch, and tonight proved why while everyone was waiting at the town hall. If there's one team I want out, it's Zev/Justin. Everyone else I'm fine with at this point, which is pretty rare.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This is where I read it, but that can't be right.

Has anyone found The Elimination Stage for TAR 18? I haven't located it yet.
    I don't think they're doing it this season Which is disappointing, and I'd really love to get all the TAR14 teams reaction as they keep getting reunited. They probably expect Kisha/Jen to be next

If TAR was tanking in the ratings, I could see CBS either pulling it or doing that option. But it's not; it seems to be getting about average ratings as always All those Emmy's must have provided some security for TAR, too. I guess we'll find out. I didn't hear anything in the preview about the next episode, except it'll be in 2 weeks.

FORT Fogey

When it came to the tea tasting, I was surprised that more of the teams didn't do what Jet did--smell the tea before tasting it. Peach is a pretty distinctive scent. If nothing else, smelling the teas should have eliminated some of them.

Once again, the cowboys remained calm, even in the traffic. I don't know why Jet does, but I wonder if Cord, who nearly died a few years ago, simply takes things more in stride, because he knows there are a lot worse things than being eliminated from a race.

Liked that the Globetrotters stopped to give the team behind them a hug. And good for them for not freaking out too much over the spilled paint too (and I had to laugh when I saw that blob of pink paint on Flight Time's head)

Finally, did anyone else wonder how some of those players could drink that much tea and not need to hit a restroom before taking off?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    However, it maybe because I love tea, but considering some of the gross foods they've had to eat over the years, I think I could manage taking sips of tea.
    thing about it was, I think they had to drink the whole cup if they were going to present it to the guy. that's what made this so hard-getting full from drinking so many cups of tea! I love tea myself, but I get full really easy so I'd have difficulty if I had to drink more than about five cups. I kept thinking, man, wonder if any of the teams are gonna take a bathroom break after this! I know Luke gets frustrated a little too easily when he doesn't succeed quickly, but I really felt for him here. It must be really tough to only be able to communicate easily with one person, to be so full and feeling sick, and to be upset with yourself. I think these bulk food challenges are awful-I remember that sushi one where they had to eat any of the real stuff they picked up. a lot of those teams ended up getting sick from overeating

I can't wait to try that flavor of Snapple though, I love mango and papaya.

I thought it was nice to see this leg, because a lot of the teams were really encouraging to each other. Margie, I know, congratulated a few other teams finishing the RB. It seems like the majority of the teams left are there more for the experience than anything else, and they're really loving the chance to see the world. I prefer it when the race is like that because I personally don't like seeing teams be nasty to each other.

+ Reply to Thread