+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 3/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    5, 25, or 50 - I'll be cheering my kids on no matter their age or what they're doing. And I'll be a proud momma doing so. Doesn't mean they won't be standing on their own two feet - it means I love them and am hoping they give it their all. Heck, I'm 37 now and a wife and mother and my Dad still comes and cheers me (and DH) on during mini triathlons. On the flip side, I have made trips to watch my father and cheer him on during his races. I thought that was normal but I guess not.

Now...if I was Christina and constantly nagging/whining to my "Daddddddyyyy", then I think there's something seriously wrong with that (which is why their team annoys me most) - to me, their relationship has all sorts of problems. I think they're much, much worse than M/L.
    I agree completely. I think it takes a great deal of courage and will for people who are physically or emotionally challenged in any way to come on a show like this and do the things required of them, especially on national television with millions of people watching. I think it speaks highly of how Marge has raised Luke for him to have been able to do this not only once, but twice.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wasn't surprised to see Zev break the tea cup. I work with autistic children, and they have a low tolerance for frustration. Just this morning I nearly had to deal with an incident where one of my students got frustrated that his computer was too slow and nearly took it out on the computer.

Those on the autistic spectrum also crave order and routine. They get upset, or if you have Asperger's than at least uncomfortable, if anything in their routine is disrupted. Therefore, I am truly amazed and impressed that Zev is coping so well with the race overall, and with how well Justin is doing in helping him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by DSReynolds77 View Post
    Matt Webb Mitovich at TVLINE.com posted the finale dates for CBS shows. Amazing Race is May 8 and is 2 hours. Survivor is May 15.
    Thank you for this info. I will be on vacation from 5/7-15, so I will have bunches of catching up to do when I get back. Thank goodness I will be 'off the grid' so to speak, so finding out who won by accident shouldn't be an issue...hopefully! I also asked for the next day (5/16) off from work to unpack and get settled back in, but I guess I will just be watching season finales! I"m surprised TAR is 2 hours- they haven't done that in awhile.

Was on holiday last week so I finally watched the show. Have to say I'm glad that M/L are gone. I didn't care for them on their first season, nor this time. I don't know if there are developmental issues at play, or perhaps just a history of Mom being overprotective due to Luke's deafness or what, but the meltdown at the tea drinking task was OOT and annoying. Luke is obviously someone who gets incredibly frustrated and doesn't handle it well, but at 25 years old the man has to learn to handle it on his own, without completely losing it and needing his Mom to pick him up (literally off the floor) and help him carry on. At 10, yes. At 25, no. It is obvious his Mom loves him very much, but I think this pattern has been so deep-set into their relationship for so long, it's not doing Luke any favours in life to see it carry on.

Loved how supportive the GTs were, and when they teared up a bit thinking they were last, I teared up too. I'm so happy they and the cowboys are still in this. Either team wins and I'm thrilled.

When they first came to TAR, I applauded Margie and Luke for taking on the race in the first place. To me that said they were strong, and they were out to prove that someone with a hearing disability shouldn't be treated any differently. Kind of like (forgot her name) the racer with the prosthetic leg a few seasons back... but once I got a few episodes into M&L's first season I was shaking my head. Luke just seemed like a whiny child and Margie like the enabler that made excuses for him. This season didn't get any better, in fact he seemed even more petulant and child like. I wanted to like them, but frankly every time he whines "Mama" it just creeps me out. He's a 25 year old man that is in no way ready to be independent. Man up Dude... learn to read lips, strike out on your own and remember that Mama isn't always going to be there. JMO.

I was always so annoyed by Margie and Luke with the "let's show the world that a deaf person can do anything they want"...mostly because I just found it so arrogant. Then again, I'm an accessibility advocate and some of my closest friends are blind, and I meet up with them all over the world. I always had trouble comparing blind people traveling cross-country (by themselves, no less) to a deaf man thinking that people will think less of him just because he's deaf.

When talking last month (we were all at a huge conference in San Diego), one presenter said that many people pity him because he is blind. That just never occurred to me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011