+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 3/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Interesting idea.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love the GT! I nearly cried when they hugged M/L as they left. I'm so glad that they're still in the race.

I felt sorry for Luke, but I can honestly say that I'm not sorry they're gone. One breakdown is excusable, a la Vixyn, but more than one is just annoying. If you can't handle the stress and challenges, then you shouldn't come back.

Speaking of bathrooms, oh man, I was having to go just watching that tea challenge. I wonder if they just didn't show the contestants going, especially if they all made a run for the bathroom before heading off.

I believe Ron was the first one to smell the tea. I remember thinking, "Geesh, people, follow his lead!" I'm glad a couple of other teams did.

I envy G/M. They're prize looks really cool. I love Bollywood.

K/J--how many clues have you had that didn't have writing? Exactly.

That was so cool when the three teams hugged each other as they got checked in. I also thought it was hilarious when the Cowboys (?) screwed up the count for the Goths. I LOL as Phil yelled, "Five!" It's all good, though. I'm enjoying this race. It's so nice to see the teams being positive towards each other, and to their partners.

Forgot to add: I'm so glad they seemed to have put their hostility towards the Goths behind them. That was sweet, too.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    K/J--how many clues have you had that didn't have writing? Exactly.
    Actually, there have been quite a few clues over the seasons that had no writing-I think one of the most memorable was when they were given a picure of Jackie-O in Cambodia and had to figure out that they were supposed to go where the picture was taken. That was in the Globetrotters and Zev and Justin's season, so not that long ago.

But I would think that they would have at least examined the whole bottle just in case there was writing.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

5, 25, or 50 - I'll be cheering my kids on no matter their age or what they're doing. And I'll be a proud momma doing so. Doesn't mean they won't be standing on their own two feet - it means I love them and am hoping they give it their all. Heck, I'm 37 now and a wife and mother and my Dad still comes and cheers me (and DH) on during mini triathlons. On the flip side, I have made trips to watch my father and cheer him on during his races. I thought that was normal but I guess not.

Now...if I was Christina and constantly nagging/whining to my "Daddddddyyyy", then I think there's something seriously wrong with that (which is why their team annoys me most) - to me, their relationship has all sorts of problems. I think they're much, much worse than M/L.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Yep, that was a brick of tea. As for the pajamas, Zev said at the beginning of the episode that he'd decided to wear the pajamas because he thought they needed to change up their luck (or something like that).
    Thanks Mariner - it apparently seems to have worked. I think they've gone farther than they did last go or are at least close to matching it. That alone shows a better result.

I have to admit I found it odd but cute because it was unusual and he looked good in them. (They were also a bit smart to pack - satin PJ's are lightweight and will fold smaller. They also probably given they're long sleeves provided protection in case of bugs or other things in hotel rooms or outdoors between legs).

What can I say? - I really do like the rest of the racers (Even Kisha and Jen because they seem to have mellowed out now and I have to admit I hated how they were eliminated), so any will be satisfying to be the final team at the end of the race. I have my favorites as to who I want to win mind you - GT's, Cowboys, and yes to a point Zev and Justin, but any will make me smile this go.

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

Has anyone seen the tea in stores yet? My sister wants to try it, but we can't find it. Snapple.com says to buy it in California at Walmart, but our Walmart doesn't sell Snapple at all.
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    5, 25, or 50 - I'll be cheering my kids on no matter their age or what they're doing. And I'll be a proud momma doing so. Doesn't mean they won't be standing on their own two feet - it means I love them and am hoping they give it their all. Heck, I'm 37 now and a wife and mother and my Dad still comes and cheers me (and DH) on during mini triathlons. On the flip side, I have made trips to watch my father and cheer him on during his races. I thought that was normal but I guess not.

Now...if I was Christina and constantly nagging/whining to my "Daddddddyyyy", then I think there's something seriously wrong with that (which is why their team annoys me most) - to me, their relationship has all sorts of problems. I think they're much, much worse than M/L.
    I'll be cheering on my children, and I'll be there for support all of their lives as well. I don't think anyone has a problem with that. There have been a lot of parent/child teams and no one has said that their cheering on their children or supporting them was a problem.
    The opinion by some is that Luke falls apart way too easily. I've seen ten year old boys fall apart like him over a schoolyard game, but mostly they grow out of it. It wasn't just this season that Luke fell apart. His inability to handle any kind of pressure and Margie's quick action to come to his defense... (remember the b**th incident) indicates a too dependant relationship with his mom. She needs to cut the cord, is all.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 03-29-2011 at 05:17 PM.

CCL

I don't really fault Margie in her reaction to Luke at the tea challenge. She was supportive and she encouraged him to finish - I was all right with that. But Luke did act like a child, throwing tantrums and crying. It was ridiculous. Compare him to Flight Time, who was also there a very long time. He (Flight Time) looked defeated but he kept going determinedly. I thought that was the better attitude. I don't mind people complaining (I'd have complained too - I hate tea), but leaning against the table not doing anything but wailing...that's not going to accomplish anything towards getting the task done.
    I do think the GT's have exhibited a lot of class on this race, from Big Easy's reaction to the guy having a heart attack on his plane, to their hugging of Margie & Luke last night. They are a great example. I'm rooting for them or the cowboys to win.
    Ron kind of reminds me of my father so I find him a bit amusing. I can understand why Christina gets frustrated with him.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Matt Webb Mitovich at TVLINE.com posted the finale dates for CBS shows. Amazing Race is May 8 and is 2 hours. Survivor is May 15.

I don't really care for M&L. I do, however get a developmental delay vibe off of Luke that goes beyond his deafness so I won't judge him for not holding it together when trying to do challenges.

I love tea so I figure that would have been the one challenge I could do.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread