+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Re: 3/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I wondered that too, but my guess would be either one of two things:

1. They were allowed to because there was a spot available and they were the next team to arrive at the stop, even if they were told to go and do the other challenge. or...

2. They weren't supposed to, and when they did that, they incurred a 30 minute penalty. They just didn't have to use it because they were eliminated.
    Both of these scenarios are still unfair to the Globetrotters. Who's to say the next team to arrive after Jamie and Cara wouldn't have U-turned someone else?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

So I just had an AR marathon to catch up and watched all 5 episodes yesterday and there were a few things that stood out -

* So proud of the cowboys for not giving up in Australia and look where it got them!

* So happy K/V ended up going from last to the middle of the pack (and I don't care that plane/train times even the playing field out - it's the same thing as putting the teams on 2 diff. flights, IMO). Even though V made them miss the flight, K didn't belittle her or scream at her or anything like that - it's a stark, NICE change from most of the previous boyfriends we've seen on the show.

* Had to LOL when Kent U-turned the reds - so unexpected and hilarious at the same time!

* Christina & Ron need to go - they're the only team I'm rooting against at this point. Christina needs to learn that 29-year-olds don't whine at their father for every, little thing and Ron needs to learn to stop being so judgmental against everyone who isn't him.

* Have to give the GT props - I've always enjoyed watching them and even though R/C got them a 30-min penalty (is that a rule I didn't know about - where R/C's fanny pack was moved?) - they still stopped that bus for R/C to get on. I loved how they memorized the models - and it worked so well!

Oh yeah - one last thing - is it me or is Mallory WAAAAY more animated/loud this time - there've been a few times I've wondered what the heck is she on!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    So I just had an AR marathon to catch up and watched all 5 episodes yesterday and there were a few things that stood out -

* So proud of the cowboys for not giving up in Australia and look where it got them!

* So happy K/V ended up going from last to the middle of the pack (and I don't care that plane/train times even the playing field out - it's the same thing as putting the teams on 2 diff. flights, IMO). Even though V made them miss the flight, K didn't belittle her or scream at her or anything like that - it's a stark, NICE change from most of the previous boyfriends we've seen on the show.

* Had to LOL when Kent U-turned the reds - so unexpected and hilarious at the same time!

* Christina & Ron need to go - they're the only team I'm rooting against at this point. Christina needs to learn that 29-year-olds don't whine at their father for every, little thing and Ron needs to learn to stop being so judgmental against everyone who isn't him.

* Have to give the GT props - I've always enjoyed watching them and even though R/C got them a 30-min penalty (is that a rule I didn't know about - where R/C's fanny pack was moved?) - they still stopped that bus for R/C to get on. I loved how they memorized the models - and it worked so well!

Oh yeah - one last thing - is it me or is Mallory WAAAAY more animated/loud this time - there've been a few times I've wondered what the heck is she on!
    No it's not just you. She is way more animated!

FORT Regular

So in two weeks we've had two "lost fanny pack" crises. Are the players required to use these things? Most experienced travelers would not carry valuables in a fanny pack. If they each carried their own passports and half their team's money in a neck pouch or under-the-shirt moneybelt, they could lose everything else and still stay in the race. They should be able to memorize the clues, or even copy them into a notebook, and tickets and boarding passes could be replaced. Why is everybody carrying fanny packs?

CCL

Must be a requirement as they always have fanny packs every season. There was probably a big fanny pack surplus in the world and the TAR producers got a bunch cheap.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Must be a requirement as they always have fanny packs every season. There was probably a big fanny pack surplus in the world and the TAR producers got a bunch cheap.
    Is there an ask Phil link? We could clear this mystery up!

interview with the redheads from xfinity.com hope it is OK to post? Just in case I will just post the url; 'The Amazing Race': What Team Are The Redheads Rooting Against? | Fancast News

Oh, the redheads want any team but the Goths to win. The last leg was 4 days long, and Kent and Vyxin had 11 hours to get to the plane they missed. Boy were they lost. The dinosaur challenge took over 4 hours to do.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think the K/V should have gotten a more severe penalty. They had plenty of time to get to the airport and apparently didn't work very hard to get directions. The instructions were very specific and there wasn't an option to take another plane. They did well with what they were given though.

I also hate the equalizing. It must be so frustrating for those who worked hard to get in the 1st positions only to have everyone catch up.

I didn't mind the reds but it didn't bother me that they left either. I'm just happy the GT were safe and the Cowboys placed 1st even though G/M used their express pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, the redheads want any team but the Goths to win. The last leg was 4 days long, and Kent and Vyxin had 11 hours to get to the plane they missed. Boy were they lost. The dinosaur challenge took over 4 hours to do.
    That's really alarming that K&V had 11 hours to get to the airport and they still didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    That's really alarming that K&V had 11 hours to get to the airport and they still didn't make it.
    Their car must have got terrific gas mileage.

I think my favourites are a

GT and Cowboy tie
    or

Mallory and Gary

I can't tell if I dislike the mother/son combo (names escape me) or if I am just envious at how that woman can kick butt. I figure I am probably around her age and I would have died on the stairs with the solar panels.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread