+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    So so so happy to see Jamie and Cara gone! they've always had a nasty attitude....very ineresting that they were trying to get the goths to u-Turn the Globetrotters then got all huffy that someone had the nerve to use it on them. And they were certainly whining about it for the rest of the leg. Makes me like the Globetrotters even more that they didn't complain or get snippy about their penalty.

And speaking of the Globetrotters, how hilarious was it to see them in the cowboys' hats and the cowboys in those huge jerseys playing basketball? That was a great moment of downtime to watch.

I don't mind the uturns, I think it adds an interesting strategic element. Even if a team finishes the second task quickly, which both did tonight, the mental aspect can mess them up. I think J/C really let it get into their head when they went to the dinosaur challenge. I certainly prefer this to when they took the money/clothes of a team who finished last on a NEL-that always got under my skin, to see teams begging for money in third world countries.
    Sure seemed like all I heard there for a while, is why did you Double U Turn us and then all they did was say Double U Turn for the rest of the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

I don't care for the uturns but I'm not sad to see the reds gone. The one is all right but the other one just has a bad attitude. Maybe if the nicer red could team up with Christina or something. So glad the Globetrotters and the cowboys are still in. I was a bit worried when Big Easy did the roadblock as I remember him struggling with some tasks but he did well.
    How come Ron and Christina did not get a penalty for taking the wrong bus? If anything they had an advantage as they did not have to go back to the beginning to get the right bus. But Kent and Vyxsin were worse off in getting a later flight and still had to face a penalty? Unless they were allowed to take that vehicle all along? Confusing.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Oh, Congrats to Margi for being able to haul those lights up the stairs by herself unlike the other teams (the redheads and Vyxin) who bitched to high heaven about it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, Congrats to Margi for being able to haul those lights up the stairs by herself unlike the other teams (the redheads and Vyxin) who bitched to high heaven about it.
    Vyxin fixed her attitude, though. That was one of my favorite moments tonight, when she kept telling Kent to toughen up and get up those stairs. At one point she looked like a drill sergeant as she nearly pushed him up.

Speaking of the Goths, why were the other teams so hostile when they showed up? Even before they opened their mouths, the other teams had nasty looks on their faces. Made me even prouder that the Goths didn't get eliminated.

And if I were them, I would have owned up as to why I missed the flight--as if any of the other teams have never screwed up? I would have been canny about the penalty, though. The other teams didn't need to know that, and couldn't have been sure about it. I mean look how we debated it. As Bearcata said, it would have made great strategy. I also think it would be wise for the Cowboys not to admit to the cab fiasco.

I didn't mind R/C not getting a penalty, but I thought it was hypocritical for TPTB to give one to K/V. Both teams made the same mistake. They accidentally missed their intended transportation. Neither team meant to get on the wrong plane/bus. What was fair for one should have been fair for the other. I think penalties should be reserved for times like last season, when the clue clearly said walk but some teams took a cab, anyway. Or when teams deliberately give up and don't finish a challenge.

On the plus side, I loved seeing the GT play! I used to love watching them on TV when I was a kid.

And I thought it was funny that the other teams got lost following R/C. Er, folks, English isn't the only language you can get lost in! Trust me, I know.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Tonight's race reminded me of how much I hate the goths. I so hope they are next to go (and if not them Zev and Justin). I actually thought it was nasty of them to uturn the reds instead of the Globetrotters who they knew were behind them. I was hoping Ron and Christina would get there ahead of the goths because I think they would have uturned the goths. It's smart play -- kick the team that is most down, and that was the goths at that point.

I did not love nor hate J/C. I thought they were a tough female team, and I'd much rather have seen them outlast the goths and Z/J. Tonight reinforced why I love my favorites: Cowboys, Globetrotters, and Gary and Mallory. I also grew to like Jenn and Keisha more after tonight. The basketball game was light and fun. I enjoyed seeing them have fun.

All I can do is hope Vyxin has another breakdown in India that eliminates them. I didn't like them the first time, and I like them even less the second.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I also thought it was funny the other teams got lost following R/C. I get annoyed when teams start piggy backing off each other, so seeing that happen was pretty funny. Granted, in a country like China I'd probably do the same thing if someone spoke the language, so I really shouldn't be talking

I had forgotten that R/C took the wrong bus. I don't know how I feel about K/V getting a penalty for taking the wrong plane. I remember there was a season where teams had to take a train to a specific stop and some found out they could get to their intended destination earlier if they got out elsewhere. Even though the clue said to get out somewhere else. So in a case like that, yes. In K/V case, I don't know It's not as clear. I am glad they survived. Despite thinking they deserved to go for the last leg and how horrible it was going for them, I think being told they were still racing and seeing the looks on their faces made me realize they really want this and have so much more in them. They really fought a hard leg, and even with the penalty didn't do too shabby. Without it they would have been 4th so they only dropped one spot.

I'm guessing the teams were just disappointed they caught up after seeing next to nothing of them the last leg because they got so far behind. One team can make all the difference between you being eliminated or staying in. So knowing they were still that far back might have made the teams feel more at ease, then they come waltzing in and everyone is equal.

What hurt Jamie and Cara? - telling Kent and Vyxsin that there was one other team besides the two of them they knew were still racing. The goths knew they had to be at worst next to last - and you DO NOT RISK a chance that you are the last two teams left and not U-Turn the team right behind you. I thought it was a smart move on their part because it gave them enough of an advantage to get to the dinos and place respectable.

Also, people mention why not turn the GT's? - It sounded like Jamie and Cara were going to U-Turn them anyway, and in addition, there was the chance as we saw the GT's could complete the task quickly, and both they and Jamie/Cara were going to complete the Roadblock quickly and still beat the Goths. It still was a smart move to not risk both non-penalty teams getting done with the road block quickly and K/V being eliminated.

BTW - I thought the goths took their penalty with grace and had every right to celebrate that they only lost one spot in the rankings for it. Plus, Kent for the most part didn't complain on the dino challenge, even though he did bug me a bit on the solar panels.

Loved that the cowboys beat Gary/Mallory; however, it was very wise of G/M to use the express pass here. The only other place I could see them using this was if and only if they had the haybale challenge.

The Globetrotters also took their penalty with the "OK, let's just get this over with" and completed the second challenge. I would love to see how many times it took to complete the memory challenge, but apparently not too many times or they'd shown the GT's struggling. So, there is an improvement there for FT and BE on memory.

Overall, not a bad leg of the race. This is a lesson though - never EVER imply that you and another team ahead of you may be the last two teams in the leg of the race. A lot of the racers aren't going to count how many clues are in the box, so if you think they aren't doing that, you could possibly get away saying there's 5 teams behind them, no doubt they'd make it near the top of the leaderboard, and you are less likely to be U-Turned.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 03-21-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Sure seemed like all I heard there for a while, is why did you Double U Turn us and then all they did was say Double U Turn for the rest of the show.
    They questioned it once, then when they did the second task and the roadblock quickly and ahead of Jamie/Cara leg two they basically said "Double U-Turn this" and celebrated. Wasn't TOO happy with that (They could've toned it down a bit), however, they didn't complain much and just did it.

CCL

I was ok with how the GTs acted with being uturned. I'd probably crow a bit to the other team as well if I managed to get out of the uturn ok and even get ahead.
    Does anyone know how much the racers get for being on the race? Apart from the million at the end for the team that wins? Just wondering.
    I kept thinking that Vyxsin was looking different and then I realized she didn't have her eyebrows drawn on. I still don't get a couple vibe for her and Kent though I notice they still refer to them as the dating goths.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

I think what helped the Globetrotters with the memory task if that they each took half of it. I had to laugh when one of them started to mumble identifying features of the dancers to himself and referred to the one with the fur hat as "skunk." But hey, it worked for them.

The Globetrotters are great, because they're competitive, but they still have fun and they even try and help everybody else have fun too, as they did tonight when they played basketball with the Cowboys. Loved their tricks too. It's been a long time since I've seen the Globetrotters, but I'm old enough to remember watching them on Wide World of Sports. Even my mom, who never watched basketball otherwise, would watch them.

+ Reply to Thread