+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 3/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I wish there was a rule about not following other teams around unless they let you.

That was a tough RB. Jamie/Cara are eliminated.

FORT Fogey

I think the habit of following other teams can end up biting you in the butt anyway--look at this leg. Two other teams thought they'd follow Christina and Ron, because they knew the language, and all it got them was lost early on.

Redhead cheerleaders going home tonight. I won't miss them.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Just occurred to me that the lead changed hands a lot this leg. I don't know if that can entirely be blamed on the u-turns either. The cowboys didn't u-turn anyone and weren't u-turned and they were, at various points, dead last, second, fifth, and first.

I think that task was probably physically easier for the globetrotters than it would have been for the reds. But there've been plenty of times I thought the challenges were off balance. It was one reason I was glad they added the RB rule about each team member doing a certain amount.

Next leg: India time! Tea tasting that makes Luke break down (and probably a few others turn green).

FORT Newbie

what's the order of finish? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm beginning to think the smartest move Jet made was running back and forth to the picture of the dinosaur while building it. If some of the other teams would have tried that, they might not have had so much trouble.
    That's what I thought when he said he was going to do that. "Bet he finishes first."

Globetrotters finish ahead of the reds despite being u-turned. Meanwhile, the reds are falling apart faster than their dinosaur.
    Not sorry to see the redheads go.

I don't like the U-turn, either. It just allows nasty teams like the redheads to punish good teams. As somebody said, the race itself is hard enough. Teams don't need this extra stuff to deal with.

Looks like Luke has another meltdown next week. Did you guys say he was known for this?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by bulleto View Post
    what's the order of finish? thanks
    1st: Jet/Cord
    2nd: Gary/Mallory
    3rd: Margie/Luke
    4th: Kisha/Jen (due to the Goths penalty)
    5th: Kynt/Vyksin
    6th: FT/Big Easy
    7th: Ron/Christina
    8th: Zev/Justin
    9th: Jamie/Cara (eliminated)

I don't like the U-turn, either. It just allows nasty teams like the redheads to punish good teams. As somebody said, the race itself is hard enough. Teams don't need this extra stuff to deal with.

Looks like Luke has another meltdown next week. Did you guys say he was known for this?
    I never thought the reds were nasty. I know the one the first time (still don't know who is who) wasn't the most pleasant the first time near the end, but other teams have been far worse. I don't think the reds intended to U-Turn anyone this time. It was a smart decision on K/V part, though in the end, even with the penalty, I think they would have been fine. But it was a strategic move. I wonder if J/C would have gotten it if they didn't get to the mat with them.

Luke had meltdowns his first time around, and Margie was tough but she had her moments as well. At the rate it's going, the TAR14 gang might all make it to elimination station before any other season Kisha/Jen certainly seem to be doing well, though. And Margie/Luke aren't running too bad of a race so far.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-20-2011 at 09:39 PM.

I just thought it was bit hypocritical of Ronald to be making all those comments about Kent and Vyxin being fake for not telling everyone about their 30 minute penalty. Seriously, strategy wise it was a smart thing to do. Still because all the teams know the rules so well they thought it smelled fishy but didn't hold it against them.

I hope the Cowboys were smart enough not to tell anyone that they took the last taxi and stranding the Globetrotters.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

So so so happy to see Jamie and Cara gone! they've always had a nasty attitude....very ineresting that they were trying to get the goths to u-Turn the Globetrotters then got all huffy that someone had the nerve to use it on them. And they were certainly whining about it for the rest of the leg. Makes me like the Globetrotters even more that they didn't complain or get snippy about their penalty.

And speaking of the Globetrotters, how hilarious was it to see them in the cowboys' hats and the cowboys in those huge jerseys playing basketball? That was a great moment of downtime to watch.

I don't mind the uturns, I think it adds an interesting strategic element. Even if a team finishes the second task quickly, which both did tonight, the mental aspect can mess them up. I think J/C really let it get into their head when they went to the dinosaur challenge. I certainly prefer this to when they took the money/clothes of a team who finished last on a NEL-that always got under my skin, to see teams begging for money in third world countries.

+ Reply to Thread