+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I feel so for Zev and Justin. Justin is so amazing to be so patient with Zev. My son has Aspergers and once they get frustrated, it is usually all over. They have no sense of others at all period. They only rely on themselves and their internal clock and needs. They tend to bond with one person, and if you are lucky like me and Justin you can get in, but it is a lot of patience and work required to keep the person focused. They are extremely intelligent and normall puzzles like that are easy for them, but again time restraints and others are of no impact to them. I bet you Zev did not even realize that others were there, how far they were, etc. I applaud Justin a million times for how amazing he is, and hope and pray my son finds someone else besides his family like that to help him out through life. They are amazing people, but you have to know how to be with them for the relationship to work.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan View Post
    Based on history of this show, someone every season misplaces/losses or thinks they have misplaced/lost their passport/money, you would think they'd be careful. Each time I've been out of the country, the ONLY time my passport has been out of my sight/off my person was when I was in my room and the passport was locked in the safe. If there's one thing you NEVER misplace it's your passport. K&V are in for some major worries until they get it back (and because production probably protected it, they'll get it back).
    Hey dougrayfan. I would absolutely agree with you if they were traveling under normal circumstances. But they are traveling under the most hectic, stressful and bizarre conditions imaginable. They have to keep their brains and bodies working while combating lack of sleep, not enough food and eating unfamiliar foods, the inability to communicate with locals, having to change clothes for detours/road blocks, getting in and out of water, constant time pressures, continually having to change currency, and navigating varying forms of transportation. It's no wonder that a lack of focus has resulted in teams being eliminated because they lost their travel documents or didn't fully read or comprehend a clue. (Remember when Flight Time and Big Easy couldn't get their thoughts together enough to complete what seemed to be a fairly easy task - concerning Franz Kafka, I think - and were eliminated as a result?)

I'd like to think I could keep my wits about me at all times (or have my travel documents waterproofed and attached to my skin!), but I have no idea how I would handle such obstacles and stress (I imagine not too well). These are the human factors that make the Race so compelling and interesting.

I think poor Vyxsin just went round the bend and couldn't recover. And then everything snowballed from there. I hope K&V aren't eliminated next week. I would much rather see J&C go before them.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Some people say this as more of a joke, but TAR's known for visiting destinations that not long after have experienced horrible disasters (NYC and the 9/11 terror attacks, Sri Lanka and the tsunami, New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina, and now Japan ) I'm sure it is heartbreaking for everyone involved; Phil said once Japan was one of his favorite destinations to visit.)
    We can add to that list the terrible flooding that occurred in Australia in January. It is really strange and so, so sad.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

Vyksin looks like she is suffering from exhaustion. When you are tired and stressed, you can just simply breakdown completely and I think that is what is happening. Maybe she is also having her monthly visitor. I cannot even imagine going through that and having lack of sleep, lack of food, and being stressed out like that. I really felt for her.

FORT Regular

It might be a big mistake to keep all the important stuff in one fanny pack. If each player kept his own passport in a neck pouch under his shirt, he would only need to take it out when he bought an air ticket and when he got on a plane. Then it goes back in the pouch, back under the shirt. Even if the players lost everything else, if they had their passports they could keep going. Split the money so each player only carries -- and can only lose -- half. The only things that might need to be in a fanny pack would be the clues and the air tickets, and most airlines in most places use e-tickets anyway. Losing the fanny pack would be an inconvenience, not a catastrophe.

FORT Fanatic

IMO, Ron and Christina deserve a penalty and a BIG one at that. Based on past mistaken "choices of transportation", the team always has had to go back to the origin of the trip. Didn't matter whether they had to REwalk, Reswim, RErow, etc...or what the weather or time of day it was. I think their penalty should be at least the amount of time (ROUNDTRIP) they traveled on that little van.

As for the Goths...missing the flight had a built in penaly...arriving those all that time later than the rest. After all...they either had to take the next flight or what....forfeit the entire race? Can't see that.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Big Easy probably had an easier time out of the two - but yeah poor Flight Time had to have had a hard time.

Then again, the duo was one of the first teams I've ever seen where there was NO CHOICE but one person doing the roadblock - when they were in the Netherlands and had to ride an amusement park ride. FT was too tall, so BE had to do it.
    I believe you've got them mixed up. Flight is the shorter of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    I believe you've got them mixed up. Flight is the shorter of the two.
    Thanks, I get so confused between these two it's not funny. They're still great guys and have had their share of blunders and unintentional humor though based on their height.

What I found interesting in last night's show was how many tasks they had to perform starting with catching the reserved flight to China. Let's see...Yak crossing (1 person) zodiac charms (1 person) zodiac notes in slots (two people), candy making or trumpet blowing (two people.) Then there were marked buses to catch (twice.) Now it is a continuation leg and very tired, stressed people must hop to the next task.

I cracked up at Ron snacking his way through the towns. He is so happy to recall his culinary childhood memories...but, Ron, it is a RACE as your daughter keeps reminding you. I felt so bad for Vyxin. It truly was saying just the right thing to make the opposite happen. Poor girl, once she got it into her head that it was going to be a bad day, her PA - positive attitude - went down the tubes. I really liked that Kynt understood and one time in the car on their way to the Tokyo airport, he teared up in sympathy for her blocked brainwave plight.

I still can't stand Mallory...sorry...even though she was shown less this episode, she was still chirpingly upbeat.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I cracked up at Ron snacking his way through the towns. He is so happy to recall his culinary childhood memories...but, Ron, it is a RACE as your daughter keeps reminding you.
    I have to admit I got a chuckle out of it too, but he does have to have his ideas closer to the ground and stay focused if he wants to make it to the finals again.

It is a bit smart though to at least grab some foods you like on the way to a challenge and if offered a chance to sample what you're making, go ahead. I'd rather eat some of the foods they offered - especially the candy - than say fried scorpions and 2 pounds of caviar (probably one of the least offensive foods they've had to eat, just it was lots of it and salty).

I just love the Cowboys. My son-in-law went to school with them and yes, they are that sweet! I love when they said we just won't U-Turn people. Also when Cord wished for world happiness at the Zodiac challenge.

+ Reply to Thread