+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/13 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Based on history of this show, someone every season misplaces/losses or thinks they have misplaced/lost their passport/money, you would think they'd be careful. Each time I've been out of the country, the ONLY time my passport has been out of my sight/off my person was when I was in my room and the passport was locked in the safe. If there's one thing you NEVER misplace it's your passport. K&V are in for some major worries until they get it back (and because production probably protected it, they'll get it back).
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan View Post
    Based on history of this show, someone every season misplaces/losses or thinks they have misplaced/lost their passport/money, you would think they'd be careful. Each time I've been out of the country, the ONLY time my passport has been out of my sight/off my person was when I was in my room and the passport was locked in the safe. If there's one thing you NEVER misplace it's your passport. K&V are in for some major worries until they get it back (and because production probably protected it, they'll get it back).
    I dropped my passport in a car on the way to the airport once. Lucky for me it was a friend's car so I got it the next day (I did miss my flight.) Since that day my passport never leaves my side and an even check twice before moving from place to place,

Shouldn't Ron and Christina get penalized for getting on the wrong bus and then jumping on the Globetrotter's ???

My husband is English, and so we travel to England every year. From the moment we leave our home in America to to the time we reach our destination in England, my passport never leaves me. Heck, I would keep it with me on the airplane if I could rather than putting it in the overhead bin. I learned that lesson the hard way when I left it behind on an airplane once. Mercifully, I had just stepped off the plane when I realized my passport was missing, so I was able to dash back and get it. Since then I have treated it like that suitcase that the Secret Service carries around the president--as if it were chained to me.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

To be fair to Zev and Justin, it WAS absolutely ridiculous that the goths missed that flight. Jamie and Cara at least were behind them, and made it in plenty of time. they really just self-destructed on this episode.

One thing that really annoys me is when one team member blames another for misplacing something they must have with them, be it a passport, money, or clue. Unless they have to split up for a roadblock (thinking Dallas and his mom in Russia) BOTH team members should hold themselves responsible for those documents on EVERY LEG. I wanted to reach through the tv and slap Vyksin for laying all the blame on Kent for leaving the fanny pack. Even though he was carrying it, she should have checked herself before they got off the gondola.

I don't think it would be fair to penalize the goths for getting on a later flight-after all it seems that being on that later flight gave them quite a number of difficulties that pushed them further and further back. But with some of you pointing out that they made an effort to note that it was a required flight...I wonder.

I DO think Ron and Christina should get a penalty for not going all the way back to cath a bus, but it was really decent of the Globetrotters to help them out after R/C ratted them out last episode.

Did anyone else laugh when Margie said that Luke was really good with details during the Roadblock? Wasn't that what tripped him up last time around, that he couldn't figure out the surfboards? I didn't mind Mallory helping him out because she didn't outright give him the answer. He probably would have looked at the others anyway with so many of them stacked up together.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    One thing that really annoys me is when one team member blames another for misplacing something they must have with them, be it a passport, money, or clue. Unless they have to split up for a roadblock (thinking Dallas and his mom in Russia) BOTH team members should hold themselves responsible for those documents on EVERY LEG. I wanted to reach through the tv and slap Vyksin for laying all the blame on Kent for leaving the fanny pack. Even though he was carrying it, she should have checked herself before they got off the gondola.
    Good point. When we leave to go overseas, my husband always asks me at key points (when we leave home, at the airport) whether I have my passport.

I DO think Ron and Christina should get a penalty for not going all the way back to catch a bus, but it was really decent of the Globetrotters to help them out after R/C ratted them out last episode.
    I know. Once again I admire them.

Did anyone else laugh when Margie said that Luke was really good with details during the Roadblock? Wasn't that what tripped him up last time around, that he couldn't figure out the surfboards?
    I didn't see their season, so I didn't know about the surfboards. However, when she said that I saw it as foreshadowing that he wouldn't do well on the challenge.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I didn't see their season, so I didn't know about the surfboards. However, when she said that I saw it as foreshadowing that he wouldn't do well on the challenge.
    In the final episode of their season, teams had to gather surfboards with pictures of places they had been during the race and line them up in the order they were visitied. Luke did the challenge because Margie mentioned that he was very good with details and had always watched the Amazing Race, so they were expecting that sort of challenge at the end. Luke had a huge meltdown then too, to the point where whichever redhead did the challenge grabbed him after she was finished and told him to copy her answers.

It was very deja vu watching her say that again, lol

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Have they ever had 2 TBC in a race before? I can't remember. I don't know what I think, but I guess it's no big deal. Just one long leg instead of a shorter one, and at least it doesn't make the ending predictable. So far. Since the cowboys managed to catch up the first time, K/V could certainly do so. Hopefully they're relieved they get to keep racing. After this leg, they may want to crash.
    I think they will be; however, if they are assessed a time penalty for not taking the required plane, it may be a different story. Then again, if they're seriously that far behind, it won't matter and they'll just keep racing until they're eliminated.

So here's a question: the last leg, I guess we can say Mel/Mike quit. Had it been a TBC leg, how would that have been handled? They didn't complete the detour, so would they have just been given a time penalty, or if they quit would they have just been out?
    If they quit a detour, I think they're assessed a four-hour penalty. This happened last season when one player just up and quit the task, and the other had no choice but to take the penalty because she couldn't do it by herself.

Then again, given that they were basically in hypothermia, and Mel (the older one) was having health issues earlier, they may have ended up being the first team medically removed from the race. I'm saying this given we've had contestants have to go to the doctor and run really late in the race and in the case of Margie actually passing out after their leg of the race and having to get assistance.

That one is still creepy to me - but I will say that a. everyone handled that very well (no panicking and the like), b. Phil is probably the most unflappable person I've ever seen in situations like that (this BTW is a good thing - having a calm demeanor wouldn't further freak out the deaf Luke), and c. Margie is one tough woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Having seen those tiny sleeping berths, I wonder what Big Easy and Flight Time did? I bet watching them try to fold themselves up into those bunks would have been pretty funny. Too bad they didn't show it.

Geez, now K&V are having passport issues? No wonder Kynt wants to shoot her at this point. She really needs to calm down.
    Big Easy probably had an easier time out of the two - but yeah poor Flight Time had to have had a hard time.

Then again, the duo was one of the first teams I've ever seen where there was NO CHOICE but one person doing the roadblock - when they were in the Netherlands and had to ride an amusement park ride. FT was too tall, so BE had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Oh my Zev is like a little child.
    What is Zev's problem? Wow, he just is so frustrated.
    Zev has Aspergers, which is I believe a higher level form of autism. It tends to affect more of the social aspects, such as communication and can be frustrating to deal with those issues.

+ Reply to Thread