+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 3/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I thought the Globetrotters dropped to fourth over Ron and Christina. I say this because they didn't correct the rankings on any of the teams after Christina and Ron.

Also, this bears a question of was this even breaking the rules? They didn't take it with them and it was still where it could be easily found. To me, given this was NOT mentioned when FT/BE checked into the stop but Christina cried about it then they got the penalty, it just seems... odd that suddenly they've dropped two spots. (I do believe they had the 30 min. penalty mind you, but I don't know if it made this big of a drop given the lighting showing at checkpoints/rain).

Don't get me wrong - what happened was stupid and can cost the team a race because of potential malice. However, it just read so odd this leg how it was assessed. Hopefully Phil will be able to explain what happened and if FT/BE were called out on it during the leg of the race (given that the cameraman had to have alerted Phil to the rule break if it was one).
    The GTs were fifth; Kisha & Jen were shown checking in 4th, while Jet & Cord were announced 6th.

In any case, the rules specifically state you cannot materially hinder another team (see Mark & Michael from season 14, who were penalized—also 30 minutes—for tampering with equipment for one of the tasks); in this case, I think the GTs would have escaped a penalty if they had made some effort to inform Ron & Christina.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    They'll probably do that the next leg when the teams get ready to take off. I thought Phil told Kisha/Jen they were team #4; after bumping Ron/Christina up to 3rd, that would drop the GT to 5th as a result If they had a 30 minute penalty and K/J checked in before that 30 minutes was up, then I can see how that would work. The GT did take it, and Christina's issue was that they didn't bring it back. My guess is they didn't realize until they got to the PS that they had the wrong one. If Ron/Christina hadn't brought their stuff with them, the GT might have had to turn around and go back and get it. I'm surprised that Phil didn't say anything to them, because he had to have known.
    Actually, they realized they had Ron & Christina's fanny pack while still at the Detour, but instead of returning it to where Christina had left it, they left it in the men's dressing room with Ron's stuff, so Christina (quite understandably) panicked when it wasn't where she had left it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Also, this bears a question of was this even breaking the rules? They didn't take it with them and it was still where it could be easily found. To me, given this was NOT mentioned when FT/BE checked into the stop but Christina cried about it then they got the penalty, it just seems... odd that suddenly they've dropped two spots. (I do believe they had the 30 min. penalty mind you, but I don't know if it made this big of a drop given the lighting showing at checkpoints/rain).
    The problem was not telling Ron & Christina. They naturally panicked after seeing that their fanny pack was not on the rocks. The fitting room would have been a place they could have easily found it... if they had placed it there in the first place. But they didn't.

I don't think they got the penalty because Christina cried about it. (And if IIRC, she didn't even cry. She simply looked upset.) It was an appropriate penalty to hand out, accident or no accident. The GTs put another team behind for quite some time, and for that it was breaking the rules.

A similar situation would be back in TAR6. I can't remember which teams were involved, but after a task, one team accidentally went off in another's car. When that team came to get their car, they panicked because their car was gone. The other team eventually came back, but the damage had already been done. The team that accidentally stole the car got a penalty because of the situation.

ETA: I just checked Wikipedia. It was Don & Mary Jean who stole Adam & Rebecca's car.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 03-07-2011 at 01:28 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tarfan77 View Post
    Actually, they realized they had Ron & Christina's fanny pack while still at the Detour, but instead of returning it to where Christina had left it, they left it in the men's dressing room with Ron's stuff, so Christina (quite understandably) panicked when it wasn't where she had left it.
    Ah, thanks. That had me mixed up. It makes sense why Phil didn't say anything to them at check in. I'm glad it didn't cause either team to fall too far behind. There's an airport leg next episode so everyone will likely be all caught up, anyway. I can understand Ron/Christina's frustration. I wonder, had R/C come in last, if it was proven they wouldn't have had they not had to search for their bag-would they have been eliminated? Since it was the GT doing, would they have just gotten the penalty? I don't care for Ron in the slightest, but I like Christina. I think it's neat she and Azaria are engaged. I get the GT position, but they should have put it back where they found it or told R/C.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That was it. I guess it was handled like a normal accident. The police came, took their info, and the reds thought he made a bigger deal out of it. Maybe he did. They didn't show any of that, but his rearview mirror just looked ringed.
    One of his mirrors had the glass completely shattered off. The mean red offered him money but she wouldn't have had enough to give him probably to fix the mirror (I've taken a mirror or two off in my time). It wasn't worth calling the police but the guy didn't speak English really and so he probably couldn't have figured out how to share insurance information with the reds on his own (and vice versa ).
    It seemed like the son of Mel and mike gave up way before his father. Bit of a shame. Though his concern for his father's health was good.
    The cowboys are stressing me out.
    Why did the keep spelling Kynt's name as Kent?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Why did the keep spelling Kynt's name as Kent?
    I looked it up on his Bio and his name is Kent. (I too, was thinking it sounded like "Kynt" and not "Kent").

Did anyone else think the Christina/Ron pitstop thing looked a bit staged? I was thinking that it was odd Christina couldn't even crack a smile when they arrived at the mat as they did very well that leg. I am wondering if they originally got to the pitstop happy and smiling (as most do) and they then refilmed it and asked her to be stonefaced so Phil could ask her what was wrong and they could impose the 30min penalty on the GTs. It almost sounded like a Phil voiceover when he said that...also wouldn't production have to check into it and look at tapes and make sure that was what actually happened before just taking Christina's word for it? It almost seems like it was edited more for the benefit of the viewing audience than for anything else.

I don't know what it is but I'm just not getting into this season like I normally do. Everyone seems "off" their game this time and nobody is really entertaining me. Even past favorites (Gary and Mallory for one) are getting on my nerves. I'm going to give it another couple of episodes and if it doesn't get better, I'm going to skip the rest of this season.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Thought Ron and Christina were big old cry babies about the fanny pack. Yes, it was moved but not intentionally. Should the GT's have put it back where they found it? Yes, but they did set it right on Ron's personal items in the dressing rooms and if Ron wasn't such a complete dufus he would have seen it immediately upon entering the area and not cost them additional time with his tantrum. It was a mistake but IMO there were other ways to have handled it considering it wasn't done with malice. The fact that it was laying with Rons belongings should clarify it wasn't done with the intent to sabotage their game. The editing of this season is not doing Ron and Christina any favors...

I agree that the teams seem off their game this time. The Cowsboys can't navigate worth beans but thankfully can still come through during the roadblocks and detours. Definitely appeared that the son gave up way before the father. I'll miss Mike and Mel!

CCL

Have to agree that the season seems a bit off. Hoping it will pick up. Still enjoy the destinations, and the tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I looked it up on his Bio and his name is Kent. (I too, was thinking it sounded like "Kynt" and not "Kent").
    But he/they used to spell it with a y instead of an e.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread