+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2/27 Show ****Spoilers****

Re: 2/27 Show ****Spoilers****

I don't remember Kris and Amanda from their season at all.
    Looks like they got U-turned when they were on the first time, but was it really early in their season? Is that why I can't remember them at all?
    I didn't think they were U-turned last night. I thought they were just very slow??
    So glad that the cowboys picked it up. I do want them to stay in the race.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I don't remember Kris and Amanda from their season at all.
    Looks like they got U-turned when they were on the first time, but was it really early in their season? Is that why I can't remember them at all?
    I didn't think they were U-turned last night. I thought they were just very slow??
    So glad that the cowboys picked it up. I do want them to stay in the race.
    They were eliminated 4th I believe in their original season. I still don't see why they were brought back again. They had the automatic U-Turn penalty from the challenge at the very start of the race, because they were last to pick the flight taking them to Australia. But I think being really slow and not with it didn't help matters They were panicking too easily. Which I'd probably do the same thing, which is reason #1,000 I should never do this show. But they knew they had the U-Turn to deal with. Getting on the last flight out of Sydney didn't help, either.

Which reminds me, I kind of hate how uneven they make things when it comes to signing up for planes, buses, or whatever. I know in some cases it's part of the race, but I'd rather see them even it out or put more people in the back to fight to the get front. I knew someone on the last flight was going.

Thanks, Karalott.
    Eliminated 4th?
    I still can't remember them at all. So, perhaps it is best they were eliminated 1st this time?!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

1. Whoops! My bad. I forgot that Z & J came in first. And yes, they came in first on that infamous leg during their season. If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong since I only vaguely remember them, they discovered the missing passport during the leg, looked for it and couldn't find it, and so reported it at the pit stop.

Maybe this will sound nitpicky, but does anybody know whether the show could have had them apply to the American Embassy for an emergency passport? I have a friend from South Africa, and she once had difficulties with her passport when she tried to fly out of New York. The SA embassy was able to get her a new one within 48 hrs. Is the show on that tight of a schedule? If so, then I'm kind of glad Z & J won a leg on the 2nd go-round.

2. I also wondered why nobody wanted to do the natural challenge. Even before C & A did it relatively quickly, I remember thinking that it sounded easier. You're basically fingerpainting like you did back in kindergarten.

3. And yes, I also wondered why the Cowboys didn't buttonhole somebody with internet access and get the answers. They may project an "aw shucks" image, but they're not dumb. I remember on one of their legs, they didn't tell another team that they were heading to the wrong bus station. Because of that, the other team ended up falling behind the Cowboys. I laughed at the time and thought that was a great use of strategy.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Love the Cowboys!
    I don't know why anyone would like the Cowboys. They are homophobic and called gay people fa**gots during their season. I wish it wasn't true but it is and I can't condone this type of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Luke drives me crazy, forever yelling "Mooooommmm!"
    Me too... and although I thought I liked them before, Kent was really annoying me with the way he was talking to Vixen. He barked orders at her like she was his pet. I flashed back to their first season and remembered how he got on my nerves for the same thing.

He's a huge baby.

And I agree with others about Kris & Jon, I would have liked to see them get another chance. They were a good team.

I really enjoyed the periodic table challenge. I would have been useless in the detours because I'm not good at all at visual things, but as soon as they flashed the table and I saw the two elements highlighted in yellow, I said Mercury and Bismuth before the even read the challenge, and it's been a lot of years since my high school chemistry. I think it was Kent that got it right away, wasn't it?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I really enjoyed the periodic table challenge. I would have been useless in the detours because I'm not good at all at visual things, but as soon as they flashed the table and I saw the two elements highlighted in yellow, I said Mercury and Bismuth before the even read the challenge, and it's been a lot of years since my high school chemistry. I think it was Kent that got it right away, wasn't it?
    Yes, it was definitely Kent who had the answers immediately. I think he said something to the effect that his college chemistry class had finally paid off.

CCL

I believe Christina got it straight-away as well (Mercury & Bismuth); I had no clue.
    I don't recall the cowboys making homophobic comments on their season?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I believe Christina got it straight-away as well (Mercury & Bismuth); I had no clue.
    I don't recall the cowboys making homophobic comments on their season?

Meanwhile, despite a CBS publicists’ pathetic effort to get them to not talk about things outside of the lame, noncontroversial stuff (“Let’s talk about their strategic play on the show”), Dan and Jordan told Reality TV World that cowboy Jet has a problem with gay people.

Interestingly, Jordan defends Caite (“She definitely is not homophobic”) and Caite’s response to Carol and Brandy (he said that when he challenged her on the race about U-Turning Carol and Brandy, he wasn’t accusing her). Instead, the brothers say that Jet is actually the one who made homophobic comments about the lesbian team and now, about him.

Dan said, “Jet hates gays, yeah,” and Jordan said that “he made comments about Carol and Brandy on the show.” Dan added that “Jet called Jordan a ‘fag’ Saturday night for absolutely no reason and Jordan just said hello to him, so there was something on the Race and I guess, in all fairness, there’s some stuff that isn’t shown and I think it’s an important thing to get out. Because I don’t think there’s any doubt that certain things happened and it all plays a part in everyone’s reaction. … I think there’s some animosity but it really goes one-way.”
    Last edited by weizer2; 02-28-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Oh those lovely Cowboys!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast