+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/20 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/20 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

What was so hard about the clue that the cowboys did not get it?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Excellent question! Perhaps he's dyslexic? He wasn't even close!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Doesn't Big Easy's nickname come from the fact that he's from New Orleans?
    That would make sense - as I did indeed have them backwards.

Nate, the younger one is "Big Easy." Flight Time is the older one.

I now = upon getting more sleep - think I'm getting FT mixed up with a gentleman from Houston who was in his 40s and played a game at my college.

We thought it was because it was just so long. While I'm good at word puzzles, I would have had trouble maintaining my place between the order of the flags and the letters on the compass.

(And they may not have realized that they needed to solve the entire thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Margie and Luke are not a weak team. Their season proved how strong Margie was, I am sure she still is. Remembering them from their season I would not tell them anything. It is hard to tell from my typing, I did not and still do not like Margie and Luke, at least their behavior.
    Oh I agree. My point is that Big Easy and FT are not a weak team either so why give them a clue!?

I'm sure hoping the Cowboys don't get eliminated. They're one of my favorite teams.
    Looks like everyone was helping everyone else with the clues. While I'd prefer that the teams decipher them on their own, it looks like there'll be a lot of thta, especially in the initial stages.
    Loved when the Globetrotter stated that...the important thing was that the man with the heart attack be taken care of. I just love FT and BE.
    Unhappy to see J & C and some other of my least fave teams back but, at least there are a number of teams I really like and can cheer for.
    I also loved Kisha and Jen. I give them a lot of credit for that water challenge.
    Looks like this will be a good season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Does the frenzied "background music" bother anyone? It seems more like "front ground music" this season. I imagined a conductor totally worn out leading the symphony. I know it wore me out. lol I wish they would tone it down a little.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    Oh I agree. My point is that Big Easy and FT are not a weak team either so why give them a clue!?
    Isn't that why Margie said she helped Kynt/Vyksin? I know there's probably a season loyalty between Zev/Justin and the Globetrotters (but it shows how little I remember their season, I didn't even know they were together). But I think burning bridges this early when the other teams didn't do anything to you, or you may need their help, isn't very wise. I think the Globetrotters have an obvious physical advantage, but there might come a point Z/J don't want to help them and they'll expect it. I'd rather everyone figure it out and not get help, but it just seemed like a stupid decision on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Isn't that why Margie said she helped Kynt/Vyksin? I know there's probably a season loyalty between Zev/Justin and the Globetrotters (but it shows how little I remember their season, I didn't even know they were together). But I think burning bridges this early when the other teams didn't do anything to you, or you may need their help, isn't very wise. I think the Globetrotters have an obvious physical advantage, but there might come a point Z/J don't want to help them and they'll expect it. I'd rather everyone figure it out and not get help, but it just seemed like a stupid decision on their part.
    Yes, that's what Maggie said (help Goths because they are a weaker team.)

I can see many U-turns in the future with all the teams' history.

I had wondered that myself. The other contestants who made mistakes only missed one word. It sounded like Jet/Cord (can't remember who) completely messed it up. Speaking of one word...have none of the contestants heard of the saying "Between the devil and the deep blue sea"? I wondered why some of them didn't solve half of it then guess the rest and run off. It seemed like everybody had problems, though.

During the Globetrotters' season, I'm pretty sure they said Big Easy was from New Orleans, hence the nickname.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast