Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zev and Justin - TAR 18

Zev and Justin - TAR 18

Name (Age): Zev Glassenberg (28)
    Hometown: Sherman Oaks, Calif.
    Connection to your Teammate: Best Friend
    Current Occupation: Actor
    Previous Season/Result: Season 15/9th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: We lost my passport.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Unfortunately, losing the passport.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Probably Cambodia.

Why do you want to run the Race again? To win!

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I am a year older -- and I have impacted a lot of little boys and girls in the autism community.

What are you passionate about? Acting and I love the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team.

People would be surprised to learn: I love to read.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Afghanistan or Chernobyl because I heard it's really nice there this time of year.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Not losing our passports.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): To go farther. Plus, I want to have fun and create more memories.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He loses things and needs to stay calmer.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Move out of my current living situation and find some new roommates. I also would get my eyes fixed.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Yeah, not lose a passport!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Justin Kanew (31)
    Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.
    Connection to your Teammate: Best friend
    Current Occupation: Film Producer, National Lampoon
    Previous Season/Result: Season 15/9th place. We were disqualified after losing our passport.

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Can't think of one.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Zev whispering to the Ducks.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Asia because we never left! Phu Qhoc, Vietnam specifically.

Why do you want to run the Race again? Because it is the greatest experience ever. I can't believe we're getting a second chance.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I'm slightly more responsible. Slightly.

What are you passionate about? Love and Twitter.

People would be surprised to learn: My father directed Troop Beverly Hills and Revenge of the Nerds.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: South America because I have never been.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Taking care of our things. Mostly that's my problem, but yeah.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): Making it out of Asia this time and getting a shot at redemption.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Zev's a little too ambitious for my liking.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Travel. No wait, I would stay put, buy a few important people nice things and sleep a little easier.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Staple our passports to my chest and pack lighter.

Amazing Race Cast: Zev and Justin on CBS
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Zev and Justin - TAR 18

Is he really wearing satin pajamas?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

You know, I've never liked this team. I found them annoying during their season, but I was fine with that because I find quite a few teams annoying. But this season, they just seem like jerks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I barely remember them from their first season. This season, they can't get eliminated fast enough for me. Hopefully they stay at the bottom of the pack and eventually get eliminated.

I want them to win, or at least stay as long as possible. We really don't see the autism community represented on these shows. Aside from the young lady that was on ANTM, I really can't remember anyone. With the rise of autism in our society, it's great to have someone on the spectrum in the race, and for them to be racing with a "typical" friend who is understanding and accepting of them. It's just something that the world needs to see, as an inspiration for the many families who deal with an autism diagnosis. I'm pulling for them all the way, but would be surprised if they actually win.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I just like them.

FORT Fogey

I will say it again if you do not have a child that has autism than you would not understand, but as a parent who has a son with the same condition as Zev I cry everytime I see Justin with him. It gives me hope that my son will find someone other than my husband, me, and his sisters to be an impact in his life. It is literally nearly impossible for Asperger's sufferers to make friends. They literally do not see the outside world from a social aspect. I am deeply touched by Justin, and that guy deserves huge props for the support he has shown Zev. I cannot believe how patient he is with him. I think I lose my patience moreso with my son somtimes. It is truly a frustrating situaion sometimes, and if you are not calm, the autism gets worse. You have to go with them and their stuff, because they just do not understand things the way we do.

for Justin

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I will say it again if you do not have a child that has autism than you would not understand, but as a parent who has a son with the same condition as Zev I cry everytime I see Justin with him. It gives me hope that my son will find someone other than my husband, me, and his sisters to be an impact in his life. It is literally nearly impossible for Asperger's sufferers to make friends. They literally do not see the outside world from a social aspect. I am deeply touched by Justin, and that guy deserves huge props for the support he has shown Zev. I cannot believe how patient he is with him. I think I lose my patience moreso with my son somtimes. It is truly a frustrating situaion sometimes, and if you are not calm, the autism gets worse. You have to go with them and their stuff, because they just do not understand things the way we do.

for Justin
    I don't have the personal connection to Asperger's that you do, but I see what you are saying and it touches me every week. I think Justin is amazing. He not only supports Zev, but really appreciates him.

I adore their interactions with each other. The first episode where they are discussing winning and Justin says this time he's here to win and Zev commenting that he was there to win last time! Last week Zev saying Justin wanted clean underwear but he didn't care, he was not wearing any. Justin's look of surprise and Zev's matter of fact way of saying no he really wasn't wearing any right then and Justin's laughter is just delightful to watch. I think they have a wonderful friendship, made more impactful because of the Asberger's.

I think they are my favorites this time. I liked them last time, but this time I'm just really appreciating their jokes and laughter and hard work but most of all their wonderful friendship.

They are my favourite team, along with Kent & Vyxsin, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Zev's Asberger's. I am honestly surprised to find that so many people don't even remember them from their previous run when they are one of about ten teams that I can remember at all from over the course of the series.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I love this team. GO GO GO!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast