+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flight Time and Big Easy - TAR 18

Flight Time and Big Easy - TAR 18

Name (Age): Herb "Flight Time" Lang (34)
    Hometown: Brinkley, Ark.
    Connection to your Teammate: Harlem Globetrotters Teammate
    Current Occupation: Professional Basketball player with the Harlem Globetrotters
    Previous Season/Result: Season 15/4th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Trusting that Dan would keep his word.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: When Big Easy found the needle in the haystack for a first place finish on my birthday!

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Sweden and Vietnam because we came in first both times.

Why do you want to run the Race again? Redemption -- and to win it all!

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I haven't changed. I'm still the same.

What are you passionate about? I am passionate about winning -- and being with the Globetrotters for over 10 years, I've gotten used to it!

People would be surprised to learn: That we didn't take either of the two trips we won on our season.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Australia -- I've been to 80 countries, but I've never been there.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We always felt we are our biggest challenges. We determine how we do, not the other teams.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): We want to accomplish what we did last time. We want to run a good race and be an example to everyone that you don't have to be jerks to be competitive and do well.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He snores like you wouldn't believe!

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Invest some and donate some to charity.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: None! Just win!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Nate "Big Easy" Lofton (29)
    Hometown: New Orleans, La.
    Connection to your Teammate: Harlem Globetrotters Teammate
    Current Occupation: Professional Basketball player with the Harlem Globetrotters
    Previous Season/Result: Season 15/4th place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Over-thinking the game and not taking my time to concentrate.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Winning first place for "Flight Time" on his birthday.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Vietnam was my favorite place to visit because the people were awesome.

Why do you want to run the Race again? I want to win!

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I'm way more relaxed now than I was the first time around.

What are you passionate about? I'm passionate about my kids and my family.

People would be surprised to learn: I am afraid of horror movies.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: I want to go to Australia because every Harlem Globetrotter says it is their favorite country and I want to see what the fuss is about.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Hopefully, we won't face any really big challenges. We ran a good race last time and hopefully will do the same this time around.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): I want everyone to see that athletes can be great role models.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He is too nice sometimes.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I want to open a gym in the neighborhood where I grew up.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I don't think so. I think we ran a great Race.

Amazing Race Cast: Flight Time and Big Easy on CBS
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Flight Time and Big Easy - TAR 18

Hooray - One of my favorite teams ever!!!! They seem like fun guys - they always had me laughing. Best of luck to them!

Yay, they were fun to watch, I hope they go far this time
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Love love love them!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I don't like them much. They're nice guys, rightfully competitive, but sometimes they come across as a little crass. I don't know, they're just overly loud and in-your-face. I know it's a competition, but I'd seriously be wanting for them to tone it down a notch or ten.

I pretty much like all the teams that are left, but the GT's and the Cowboys are my favorites.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I pretty much like all the teams that are left, but the GT's and the Cowboys are my favorites.
    me too! I have my fingers crossed for a finale that includes both teams.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I really like them. Don't have anything against them other than quitting that roadblock in their past season. They're one of the three in my dream F3 this season.

They are my favorite team. I love their attitude and enjoyment at just being in the race, much as it was last time. As for possibly being loud and over the top, they are Harlem Globetrotters. Loud, funny, and outstanding ball handlers --That's always been their job. Basketball is not my favorite sport, but the Globetrotters put on a wonderful show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Love, love, love them! Their outlook should rub off on all the other teams!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast