+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flight Time and Big Easy - TAR 18

Re: Flight Time and Big Easy - TAR 18

These two are doing the Globetrotter organization proud with the way they are running this race. Love them and they are one of the teams I'd be thrilled to see win this thing.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched the show for a few weeks, and am just checking the thread to see if Flight Time and Big Easy are still in it. It appears as if they are!

I'm in love....with both of them. They are two of the most charming men I've ever seen - and that includes real life!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I haven't watched the show for a few weeks, and am just checking the thread to see if Flight Time and Big Easy are still in it. It appears as if they are!

I'm in love....with both of them. They are two of the most charming men I've ever seen - and that includes real life!
    I really like them too! Good thing they aren't in the NBA. That would have ruined them. They have great spirits.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I really like them too! Good thing they aren't in the NBA. That would have ruined them. They have great spirits.
    I know an ex Globetrotter. Unlike NBA players (well, not all of them) they consider themselves and their organization ambassadors of goodwill!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duchick64 View Post
    I know an ex Globetrotter. Unlike NBA players (well, not all of them) they consider themselves and their organization ambassadors of goodwill!
    It shows with these two.

I also like their friendship and comraderie with Zev and Justin. And it's not like Z/J are a weaker team necessarily, so I respect that they help each other out.

With the reds, you got the sense people helped them because they were a weak team to bolster them further. I'm not seeing that as much this time on the race.

Quote Originally Posted by duchick64 View Post
    They are indeed goodwill ambassadors. Basketball is not one of my favorite spectator sports, but I've always liked the Globetrotters.

There was a really good movie made in the 50's about the founding of the Globetrotters, It starred Dane Clark as Abe Saperstein, Sidney Poitier, and several of the original players. The title was, "Go, Man, Go." I keep trying to find it on DVD because I'd like my sons, both big basketball fans, to see it, but I don't think it's ever been recorded. If it ever is, it's worth seeing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Since no one else has mentioned it-i was recently watching "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?". It was "Celebrity Month"(or whatever, playing for charity) 1st, they had 3 members of (and maybe that's all there are) of i think "Boyz II Men" and they took a couple questions each. THEN-the next day, the celebs were the Harlem Globetrotters. and there were FT and BE among the 5. This time, each team member took a day, over 5 days. One member got nothing, i missed BE's day, but Flight Time got every question right and won $25,000 for his charity!!! He declined the all-or-nothing 5th grade question, preferring to secure the winnings... I don't recall any mention of TAR in his banter with host Jeff Foxworthy...
    "Weird scenes inside the gold mine
    Ride the highway west, baby"-The End, by The Doors

I truly enjoyed this season of TAR because of these two. Not only are they positive role models they are all around good guys whose enthusiasm and joy and good manners made for a wonderful viewing experience. I'm sad they didn't win, but I'm happy I was able to watch their friendship and team work become even stronger as the weeks went by. Great guys. Need more people like them in the world and on Reality Television. I say DWTS should be one of their next stops
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

FORT Fogey

They took the loss like champions. They seemed genuinely happy for Kisha and Jen. I liked that they enjoyed the last few moments of the race after they realized there was no catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    They took the loss like champions. They seemed genuinely happy for Kisha and Jen. I liked that they enjoyed the last few moments of the race after they realized there was no catching up.
    I was going to mention that bike ride across the bridge- very zen-they seem to be two people who have an outlook on life that allows them to remain content when other people would be angry, upset, dissapointed and bitter. Yes, their happy attitude riding their bikes, soaking it all in, despite knowing they had lost, says it all. More people need to be like them.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast