+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 12/12 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/12 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4126428;
    I did know the playwrite Chekov a couple of season back (remember Luke having a meltdown?) but many other English majors didn't... it all depends.
    Funny, I knew that one as well.
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4125910;
    I was astonished that none of them knew that. Does no one read the classics anymore?

Even if they don't, which is a pity, have they never seen the play, the movie, or the miniseries, "Man of La Mancha?"

That's a good point. "Man of La Mancha" was a huge hit on Broadway, and has now crossed over into popular culture. I think it was just a couple of years ago that some commercial used "Impossible Dream" (the main song from MLM that became popular on its own) as it's background. Sadly, most people probably didn't recognize that song.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Spockwhat, the Chekhov one got everyone because people who did know the spelling actually kept being confused by trying to spell it as Pavel Chekov (no H) from "Star Trek."

But yeah, Luke had a major meltdown that had it not been sheer luck, they'd been eliminated from the race.

I personally loved this riddle challenge though to get to the studio. I think the reason for the middle question was because there are apparently more than one Quixote studios (at least this is my understanding from Nat's comments on the phone).

Funny thing was - I think the only one any of them got right without using help was "The Seven Year Itch" - Kat, who laughed at it.

On the CBS Morning Show interview with Nat/Kat and Brooke/Claire. Brooke/Claire said they were asked to be on the All-Star show but declined as Claire is pregnant. She got to show off her small baby bump and the other three women teased her regarding delivery with Brooke's ubiquitous line, "C'mon Claire!" Brooke said that they made a drinking game while watching the show out of her call to Claire...and got drunk in the process. It was a good and fun interview with all four of them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4126684;

Funny thing was - I think the only one any of them got right without using help was "The Seven Year Itch" - Kat, who laughed at it.
    They showed Brooke/Claire using the internet for this question. The girls weren't exactly sure if 7 was the right answer - but assumed it was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789