+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4120794;
    I don't mind Brooke and Claire. Their attitude has been a lot better than the guys. I was ticked off at them for getting that penalty, though.
    Ticked off? The penalty was fantastic. It put them in a close second rather than a far off third. They were well behind Nat & Kat when they took the cab and didn't seem to finish the tasks any faster after than than the others so would have stayed in third.

I'm sure it was an accident but if it had been strategy it would have been a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4121556;
    Oh, and another little Nick gem...when the Korean guy gave her some food and said she was beautiful, he said "he wants you...well, at least you're good for something" - SERIOUSLY??? Vicki, honey, it won't get better. Ever. This guy has reached my "most hated" status on TAR. Not good.

I hate defending this d-bag, but I really believe that was said in jest.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4121675;
    You know, I'd like to think that as well. But somehow my instincts tell me that the sentiment is there, that even if it was half in jest, the fact that he would say it after all the crap he's unloaded on her, says how little he respects her feelings. Ugh, he's truly a d-bag.
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4121675;
    Well, as they say, there is truth in jest. Anyone who respected their partner at all wouldn't say something like that even as a joke.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4121175;
    That could be deedreamer. Maybe I just took it the wrong way because I''m "older".
    LOL nah it is not that, LOL I am older too......have another decade on you. Maybe it is because I know quite a few immigrant families and all the older generations do not know any English so my mind went there when he said it.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

LOL nah it is not that, LOL I am older too......have another decade on you. Maybe it is because I know quite a few immigrant families and all the older generations do not know any English so my mind went there when he said it.
    I'm not sure where I fall in the age hierarchy :-) But my first thought was that he wanted someone younger because the elders don't always know English that well (if at all) because it wasn't a required subject when they were in school.

But he didn't tell her why he was looking for someone younger, so I think that's why she made that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4121556;
    Oh, and another little Nick gem...when the Korean guy gave her some food and said she was beautiful, he said "he wants you...well, at least you're good for something" - SERIOUSLY??? Vicki, honey, it won't get better. Ever. This guy has reached my "most hated" status on TAR. Not good.

I agree - he is despicable! He will never change I don't care what he said at the end of the show last week. Get rid of him Vicki and get back some of your self esteem - I'm sure he took a huge chunk of it during the time they were on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4121849;
    I'm not sure where I fall in the age hierarchy :-) But my first thought was that he wanted someone younger because the elders don't always know English that well (if at all) because it wasn't a required subject when they were in school.

But he didn't tell her why he was looking for someone younger, so I think that's why she made that comment.
    I agree. Made him look bad on TV but I'm sure he was just recognizing the younger folks were simply far more likely to speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4121849;

Yes, the sentiment may have been totally innocent. However, given his past behavior, and the fact that he didn't clarify why he wanted a younger person, it came across as rude.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4121519;
    The bridge could be in Long Beach and the crane in the shipping harbor there.
    That could be. Being from San Francisco I am completely unaware of Southern California bridges

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast