+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

The 18th edition of The Amazing Race has been confirmed to be the second season (after TAR11, or The Amazing Race: All-Stars) to have former racers come back and have a second chance at the prize.

(Whether this season will be called "All-Stars 2" is still up in the air.)

The eleven teams that are currently racing are (in order of their season):

Ron & Christina TAR12, 2nd

Kynt & Vyxsin TAR12, 5th

Jaime & Cara TAR14, 2nd

Margie & Luke TAR14, 3rd

Kisha & Jen TAR14, 4th

Mel & Mike TAR14, 6th

Amanda & Kris TAR14, 8th

Flight Time & Big Easy TAR15, 4th

Zev & Justin TAR15, 9th

Jet & Cord TAR16, 2nd

Gary & Mallory TAR17, 6th

The first leg was held in Sydney, Australia. It has been confirmed to be a TBC (To Be Continued) leg.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

Here are more detailed spoilers. I'll put these in tags.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The order in which the teams came to the mat is:

1-4. Kisha/Jen, Zev/Justin, Amanda/Kris, Gary/Mallory (the order of these four is unclear)
    05. Flight Time/Big Easy
    06. Jaime/Cara
    07. Margie/Luke
    08. Ron/Christina
    09. Mel/Mike
    10. Kynt/Vyxsin
    11. Jet/Cord

Jet & Cord were FAR behind. If it were not for a TBC leg, they definitely would have gotten eliminated.

The teams that came to the mat first actually got lucky, because the other teams had gotten on a flight that was scheduled to come before them. But this flight got delayed, allowing these teams to jump ahead.

On the second part of the TBC leg, the teams had to sign up for a charter flight to Broken Hill. The six teams that got on the 6 AM flight are:

Jen/Kisha
    Mel/Mike
    Jaime/Cara
    Margie/Luke
    Zev/Justin
    Kynt/Vyxsin

The other teams are 30 minutes behind on a 6:30 AM flight. These teams are:

Gary/Mallory
    Ron/Christina
    Flight Time/Big Easy
    Amanda/Kris
    Jet/Cord
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Alright, that's it for the spoilers so far. Sorry for the triple post, but I wanted to chime in about my opinion about what has been spoiled so far.

I'm a little bit confused about the decision to include Amanda & Kris and Zev & Justin. They came 8th and 9th in their respective seasons. Not to mention how completely forgettable they are to most people. I don't see how they could be considered All-Stars. Well, perhaps people rememeber Zev because of his autism. But in the grand scheme of things, he's pretty unmemorable compared to teams who went farther in the race.

Perhaps this season will have some theme around it, like Second Chance? Because Amanda & Kris got screwed by Margie & Luke using the U-Turn on them, and Zev & Justin were eliminated because they lost a passport. But then again, there have been other teams who have been screwed by the U-Turn and are much more memorable than Amanda & Kris. And losing the passport was Zev/Justin's own fault. So I don't know, I'm not feeling their inclusion just yet.

Additionally, I'm really disappointed that they didn't include any TAR13 teams. Ken & Tina deserved a spot on this season. I also would have liked to have seen Christie & Jodi, Brian & Ericka, and Brook & Claire.

One last thing: what's up with the TAR14 overload? It wasn't even that great of a season. Not to mention that the rumored alternates were Mark & Michael and Steve & Linda, both of whom are from TAR14 (and the latter of which came 10th!). Ridiculous.

I am kind of excited. I can't wait to see Kynt and Vyxsin again. Luke and Margie will be great, too. And a big hell yeah to the cowboys.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm a little meh to a lot of them but am happy to see two of my favorite guy teams - the Cowboys and the Globetrotters.

CCL

Teams I like that are back: Ron & Christina, Jet and Cord, Gary and Mallory, Flight Time and Big Easy. Definitely teams to root for. I agree with Crossing Guard about the inclusion of Amanda & Kris and Zev & Justin. I wish they had gone back to the earlier seasons as I would have loved to see Kris & Jon back (my all-time favourite team).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Happy dance for Jet and Cord!

Actually, I'm glad to see several of those teams back, though I can't remember Zev and Justin at all. CrossingGuard, you wanted Ken and Tina back? All I remember of them is a lot of arguing...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

To the Point

Pictures really help me remember the teams, however, I know I've watched every season and there are still people I don't remember!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;4112607;
    Happy dance for Jet and Cord!

Actually, I'm glad to see several of those teams back, though I can't remember Zev and Justin at all. CrossingGuard, you wanted Ken and Tina back? All I remember of them is a lot of arguing...
    I loved them! At the time, I rooted for both Nick/Starr and Ken/Tina, but in retrospect, Ken/Tina would have been the more satisfying win. (And truthfully, the only reason why I liked Nick/Starr was because their little sister went to my high school at the time. Everyone at my high school liked Nick/Starr just for that reason.)

I think people remember Ken/Tina arguing a lot more than they actually did. I don't think they were even all that much of a bickering couple, especially compared to the likes Jonathan/Victoria or Colin/Christie or even Nate/Jenn. And I'm a sucker for story arcs that end positively like theirs did. I couldn't believe that the race actually saved their marriage. So yeah, they definitely should have been invited back, especially over some of the teams they actually chose.

While I'm at it, here's a list of teams from TAR12 to TAR17 who should have been considered over some of the teams who are actually on this season (excluding winners):

Nathan & Jennifer, TAR12
    Ken & Tina, TAR13
    Terence & Sarah, TAR13
    Christie & Jodi, TAR14 (With the massive number of TAR14 teams, why were these two ignored? Okay, I'm biased because these two were my favorites. )
    Brian & Ericka, TAR15 (If the poker chip rumor is true, then they definitely should have been brought back.)
    Mika & Canaan, TAR15 (just because of the water slide fiasco )
    Chad & Stephanie, TAR17 (She's pregnant though.)
    Brook & Claire, TAR 17 (Claire is pregnant though.)

And then here are a few more that I don't feel as strongly for but would still have made good additions to the TAR18 cast:

Andrew & Dan, TAR13
    Toni & Dallas, TAR13 (They probably had too many parent/child teams already though.)
    Sam & Dan, TAR15
    Maria & Tiffany, TAR15
    Jody & Shannon, TAR16 (They didn't make it far, but I just like the concept of a granddaughter racing with her grandma.)
    Nick & Vicki, TAR17

Hubby is very happy that the cowboys have another chance. This household uses "Oh my gravy" on a daily basis!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast