+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

I hope Flight Time & Big Easy and take it. Jaime & Cara will make for nice eye candy.

I'm rooting for Zev and Justin mainly, but I know how hard this will be for Zev. My son is on the autism spectrum and has diabetes. He got a big kick out of Nat running the race with diabetes and winning, and I'd love to see that smile again if an Aspie wins. So Zev and Justin from a personal standpoint. Keisha and Jen because dangit they lost because of a little pee and that's just not a respectable way to lose this race! Flight time and Big easy because they had a ton of fun and that's what the race is all about. Would also like to see a few attitude adjustments. I love a good redemption story. I wish some of my favorites could have been here but for some (Danny and Oswald) it would be a third chance and we know how most people feel about seeing the same teams over and over again.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Could somebody tell me why Kynt and Vyxsin are here? Other than their outlandish garb qualifying them as "fan favorites"? Other than the way they look, I can't remember anything about them.

Also, I just remembered. The Globetrotters were fun to watch for the most part, except near the end when they really let that obnoxious pair of brothers get to them. Then they started getting really agressive and borderline rude. I hope they don't let the contestants from this race get to them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4128692;
    Could somebody tell me why Kynt and Vyxsin are here? Other than their outlandish garb qualifying them as "fan favorites"? Other than the way they look, I can't remember anything about them.
    I actually liked Vyxsin a lot, but Kynt struck me as a whiny little thing. They did have a lot of fans back then.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4126674;
    To be fair, I actually can understand Luke's feelings about the race - he did have quite a few things said about him even being in the race by the general public (i.e. publicity stunt and the like), and not respect him for the skills he did have. So I can see why he didn't want to talk about the race and got upset someone was talking about it.

And if I recall correctly, he can't read lips, so unless Margie was there to translate, he could've seen you as an autograph taker or someone who was going to be rude to him. Its' why when I'm going to a place where I know I'll have to communicate with hearing impaired people and will not always have a translator (or don't know if they can read lips), I bring a note pad and paper and say "Hi," first.

That said, yes, he can still politely say "I'm glad that it helped your family" and move on. To act like a jerk doesn't help his case at all in trying to earn respect from viewers and the general public. I think he can do better, and hopefully we'll see him grow and learn this next leg of the race.

>>>>>>>>>>

As far as the race, I'm actually quite happy with most of these teams. I do wish however, they had fewer Season 14 players than they do and if 13 was ignored, they needed one team from that season. Then again, Nick and Starr were probably among the best remembered from that season, and as they were the winners, it wouldn't be right for them to come back.

(That said, if I've got my seasons right - and I may not because that was a season I didn't get to watch the show often - wasn't that the same season Dustin and Kandace were on? If so, other than they were on the last AS season, why not let them come back?)
    I'm also going to try and chime in - not to defend Luke (as it seems wrong is wrong - and a good attitude goes a long way in life)

My son is hard of hearing, not deaf. But we chose a Deaf School (what my mom called it, it was called a total communication school back then) and I (a teacher) learned a lot about the deaf culture - they are a closed bunch -

When writing and reading we use a lot of auditory input - to get a good paper - we have a style... Deaf do not have that auditory input (even hearing impaired, their auditory input is broken - you can always pick out a paper from a deaf or hard of hearing person, just as you can tell their speech differs, so does their writing style)

Also, we were part of Stan Mikita's Hearing Impaired Hockey School - mostly deaf kids, but a few hard of hearing were included, and there were times that you could tell the deaf kids had a real problem with hearing people - an attitude - but since DS was part of the Deaf School, and knew sign language (but relies on his visual cues) he was accepted, quite a few moms would talk to me about this -

Luke is part of a Deaf College, a strong Deaf Culture, we may look at some of these aspects as childish, or immature - but in their world, I'm not so sure... Moms can only do so much in trying to assimilate them in a hearing world -

Again, its just my take, from my experience.

BTW DS and I were about to apply, but, darn it, Luke and Margie beat us to it!! And DS doesnt rely on sign, but I do tend to sign to him to make sure he gets the cues - He's an Eagle Boy Scout (in his 20's) and fearless - I am a reality show nut, and would love to experience this with him!! We'd be good at reading clues, but after that - probably would lag behind!

Damn! I don't like this casting. Half the teams are from Season 14. Where are casts from Seasons beyond 12 and there are no teams from Season 13? Was Season 13 the All-Stars? Where are the clowns , I though they will be in it this time?

FORT Regular

when does this new season start?

February 20
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Does anybody know who is in the final leg? Who wins? Any spoilers yet on that...

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;4128721;
    I actually liked Vyxsin a lot, but Kynt struck me as a whiny little thing. They did have a lot of fans back then.
    They were really supportive of one another, though. And they didn't name-call, plot against other teams, or anything like that so far as I remember. So I liked them a lot. To me, I could tell Kynt didn't like getting dirty, but most of his whines seemed tongue in cheek to me. Difference in perception, possibly.
    I am jazzed tp see these 2, and the COWBOYS back!
    Also Ron and Christina, Mel and Mike, and Gary and Mallory are teams I really liked.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast