+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK;4116177;
    Thoughts on first two boots:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Not too sad about Krismanda. They were one of the two teams I didn't really care about anyway. Mel and Mike, however, I do like a lot. I was hoping they could last a while again.

And regarding the third leg I read this...

Click to see Spoiler:
    NEL with Kynt & Vyxsin arriving in last. Correct me if I am wrong but this is what I think I saw.
    Yeah, the third leg spoiler is correct.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

It seems that they have gotten rid of the Speed Bump and instead have brought back the 30-minute penalty as the NEL punishment.

Leg 4 spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jaime & Cara are the third team to be philiminated. It's a TAR14 massacre!

Alright, I think I'm done looking at spoilers. It's too far into the game and I wouldn't want to spoil the whole season for myself.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4116410;
    It seems that they have gotten rid of the Speed Bump and instead have brought back the 30-minute penalty as the NEL punishment.

Alright, I think I'm done looking at spoilers. It's too far into the game and I wouldn't want to spoil the whole season for myself.
    I concur. Part of me wants to know but, then again, I don't want to have the whole race spoiled.

I don't recall the 30-minute penalty for the NEL. I'd rather have a speedbump but it is better than when they took all their stuff and made them beg for cash.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4116544;
    I concur. Part of me wants to know but, then again, I don't want to have the whole race spoiled.

I don't recall the 30-minute penalty for the NEL. I'd rather have a speedbump but it is better than when they took all their stuff and made them beg for cash.
    My favorite NEL punishment is the speed bump. 30-minute penalty = least fav. Last time they used it I think was in the first all-stars when the team would only get their penalty if they didn't check in first at the pit stop. A twist that took out more than one team altogether. Is that the exact way they're doing it this time?

So glad to see the Cowboys and the Globetrotters back! They are two of my favorite past teams.

Also like Gary & Mallory, since they had such a great relationship and attitude.

I barely remember Kynt and Vyxsin, but they don't call up any negative images. Did they get along well together? If so, then I like them.

I must not have started watching when Ron & Christina ran. However, they look really sweet so I hope they do well.

I thought Zev and Justin looked familiar. I agree. Why would you want to bring them back? Other than losing their passports, they were entirely forgettable.

I don't know anybody else, so they must be from before I started watching. Or they weren't that memorable.
    Last edited by Babbred; 12-13-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK;4116998;
    My favorite NEL punishment is the speed bump. 30-minute penalty = least fav. Last time they used it I think was in the first all-stars when the team would only get their penalty if they didn't check in first at the pit stop. A twist that took out more than one team altogether. Is that the exact way they're doing it this time?
    I remember that; if I recall correctly, there was a leg where two teams had to work together. Joe/Bill and Eric/Danielle (who had some sort of mock-played up feud going on) were teamed together but J/B had the 30 minute penalty if they didn't check in first. E/D knew they'd be safe even if they were last to check in so they purposely took their time. I've always hated penalties for coming in last, and twists like the Yield and U-Turn (the race and bad luck in itself is enough of an obstacle). The begging for money/clothes didn't seem to be such a hardship, either, as some of the teams helped out. But of the 3, that's what I would go with.

As for the spoilers:

Click to see Spoiler:
    None of the teams were any I was overly excited to see in the first place, so none of them that have been eliminated will matter to me. I do like Jamie/Cara and am surprised to see them gone so early, but am not crushed over it. Didn't really care for Mel/Mike, and didn't mind Amanda/Kris, but they weren't on the top of my list to get called back. It does seem like a TAR14 massacre, so if the producers liked that season so much, I guess it's a good thing they cast so many teams from it.

I do like the title TAR: Unfinished Business.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4113766;
    I'm okay with Kisha & Jen, but cannot stand Margie & Luke.
    Okay, this may sound catty, but I gotta put it out there...

I was a fan of Luke and Margie. I found him to be brave in the face of a handicap that no one else in the race had to deal with, and Margie was just SuperMom. My family - which hasn't agreed on anything, ever - all wanted them to win and so did I.

Then, in 2009, I had the chance to meet Luke face-to-face. It was in a public place (he was hanging out with a mutual friend) so it wasn't like I was intruding, being overly forward or acting like paparazzi. No one else there recognized him, so he wasn't being actively bothered by a herd of annoying fans. It was just me, and I simply wanted to say hi and let him know the miracle that he and his mom created within my highly dysfunctional family.

I gotta be honest: He was a bit of a jerk.

He definitely did NOT want to discuss the Race (which is why I'm shocked to see him running again), and he really couldn't have been more disinterested, dismissive and unfriendly. I know he "owes" me nothing... but hell, I was just saying hello. I wouldn't have killed him to be cordial for 30 seconds.

During his season, we saw plenty of flashes of the "rude Luke", and I was hoping that wasn't the real him. After meeting him briefly, I'm inclined to think otherwise.

I still dig Margie, however.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;4125973;
    Okay, this may sound catty, but I gotta put it out there...

I was a fan of Luke and Margie. I found him to be brave in the face of a handicap that no one else in the race had to deal with, and Margie was just SuperMom. My family - which hasn't agreed on anything, ever - all wanted them to win and so did I.

Then, in 2009, I had the chance to meet Luke face-to-face. It was in a public place (he was hanging out with a mutual friend) so it wasn't like I was intruding, being overly forward or acting like paparazzi. No one else there recognized him, so he wasn't being actively bothered by a herd of annoying fans. It was just me, and I simply wanted to say hi and let him know the miracle that he and his mom created within my highly dysfunctional family.

I gotta be honest: He was a bit of a jerk.

He definitely did NOT want to discuss the Race (which is why I'm shocked to see him running again), and he really couldn't have been more disinterested, dismissive and unfriendly. I know he "owes" me nothing... but hell, I was just saying hello. I wouldn't have killed him to be cordial for 30 seconds.

During his season, we saw plenty of flashes of the "rude Luke", and I was hoping that wasn't the real him. After meeting him briefly, I'm inclined to think otherwise.

I still dig Margie, however.
    Margie is his enabler. Heaven forbid that anyone not bow down to her Special Snowflake.

FORT Fogey

I loved Kisha and Jen, especially with the non-swimmer (can't remember which) who actually did the diving board then the swimming task - that took GUTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4125892;
    I don't know anybody else, so they must be from before I started watching. Or they weren't that memorable.
    I'll fill you in on the ones you didn't see or don't remember.

Kynt & Vyxsin did have one or two verbal fights, but they got over them pretty quickly. They were, in my opinion, a likeable team. They brought up their Goth schtick plenty of times to the camera, but didn't shove it in the faces of other contestants and locals. They also were very respectful to the locals and were definitely enjoying the race. Ron & Christina, well, Christina was just a delightful girl, but Ron started out his season a huge jerk. He constantly berated his daughter and was just unpleasant. He did get better further into the season, trying to make up for his behavior earlier in the race, but in the end he just didn't win me over.

As for the other teams, Mel & Mike weren't very memorable but they were very likeable. Amanda & Kris, well, they didn't leave any impression, as they never got that much screentime and got eliminated very early, the only thing I remember is him being physically strong and their temporarily losing the fanny pack with their passports. Cara was okay, but unfortunately, she enabled Jaime's bad behavior, and Jaime is basically the female version of Jonathan from season 6, who anyone will tell you is easily the most despised racer in TAR history, just an overall disgusting human being. And Jaime is just like him, she basically has no redeeming qualities, and is mostly remembered for berating and screaming at locals and taxi drivers at the top of her lungs and complaining that nobody speaks English. Yeah, I hate her, very much so.

Next two are a doozie. Kisha & Jen were okay in my opinion, even if they did get a bit carried away with the whole thing about Margie & Luke. Margie & Luke themselves, well, they started off likeable, or at least Margie did, she was just really strong. Luke came into the race with the whole "prove deaf people can do anything" schtick, but failed miserably, in my opinion. He constantly whined, didn't feel like doing some challenges, and counted on his mom too much, and she overprotected him too.

When the whole argument between them and Jen & Kisha broke out, the girls said they were willing to just let it go, but Margie & Luke never did, they remained bitter and vindictive towards the girls, with Margie being over-the-top ridiculous in her defending of Luke, mainly by refusing to give the girls the benefit of the doubt or even explain themselves, and even by saying how they should know what it's like to be treated badly because they're black. She even berated one of the girls for laughing, and when the sister explains that her instinctive reaction towards stress is laughing (as is mine, so I knew what she meant, plus the whole situation was ridiculous enough to laugh), Margie just started going off on her by saying she was laughing at her son for being deaf. And then they also started saying that they should not make fun of a deaf person, thereby turning the "prove a deaf person can do anything" into bringing up the deaf card to try to victimize him so they can win an argument.

Whew, sorry for the length in that. Anyway, there you go, for the teams you did not know about, that's what they were like during the race, at least from my perspective and what I saw on the tv.

And CuckoosNest, thank you for letting us know of your experience of meeting Luke, that just gives me more reason to dislike Luke. I mean, you just said hello and mentioned the positive experience your family had in watching him and his mom in the race, I'm sure many other TAR contestants would've been happy to hear that. He always did come across as a whiny, self-important jerk, but now it's confirmed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast