+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: The Amazing Race 18 Spoiler Thread **SPOILERS**

I am so excited that many of my favorite teams are back for this! I can't wait to watch!!

FORT Newbie

One of my relatives is on a trip in Isreal. She emailed me yesterday to let me know they saw a pit stop in Masada (and took pics) and emailed me today to say there are amazing race flags all around Jerusalem Souk area. I was trying to find some info for her. From what I can find I'm assuming this is for the Australia version...but just thought I'd post in case.
    Last edited by alpenreal; 11-24-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling

I agree, CrossingGuard, about why some teams were not brought back when tthey were quite memorable, whether they got eliminated early or late. Some of those teams you mentioned are teams I'd gladly wish to see again.Heck, it would've been great to see tteams even from the earlier seasons. But it's cool to see that no previous winning teams were brought back.

Out of the current teams, I'm more than a little peeved, mainly because of so many season 14 teams. Let's see, I liked Christina, but Ron could be a jerk sometimes and kind of annoyed me; Jamie was a raging witch and Cara enabled her behavior while remaining a non-entity, so bleh on those two. Everyone also remembers the whole debacle between Kisha & Jen and Margie & Luke, in which I personally took Kisha & Jen's side even though I thought both sides were being immature. I'm okay with Kisha & Jen, but cannot stand Margie & Luke. Amanda & Kris, I barely even remember them. The Globethrotters, well, at least they were funny, whereas I was okay with Zev & Justin but they really never left much of an impression on me either.

Jet & Cord, I'm glad to see them back, one of the very few Alpha Male teams in race history that I truly liked, though I hope they don't dominate the race. Gary & Mallory, Mel & Mike, and especially Kynt & Vyxsin, I am thoroughly thrilled to have those three teams back, I love them all.

They're going to Japan next, so it's probaby another version that was filmed in Israel. But thanks for sharing, alpenreal!

Rembrant, you know what makes it worse? Tina recently went on another site and posted that she and Ken would have loved to do this season. Ugh, to know that they actually would have done it makes this season's casting even worse! Were they seriously passed over in favor of Amanda & Kris, Zev & Justin, and the whole TAR14 clan? Ridiculous. That goes for all the rest of the teams that I listed also (although I'm not sure if they're in the same situation as Ken & Tina where they didn't deny a position and actually would have done it). I don't know, it's going to take me a while to get over this. I'm just curious if the season will be touted as "All-Stars 2" or if it's going to be something like "Second Chance." I hope it's something like the latter because I'll understand the casting a bit more (though I stil won't agree with it).

ETA: There are a few that I'm happy with though. The TAR12 members are great. Ron/Christina annoyed me at the time the season aired, but in retrospect, they would have made better winners than TK/Rachel (who I liked, but thinking back on it, they were really boring). I liked Jen/Kisha, so I'm happy that they're there also. And I really liked Gallory this season, so hooray for them, too.

Jaime/Cara were a good casting choice also. Not a big fan of them, but they're a strong female team who were also very memorable (albeit for bad reasons, mostly because of Jaime).

I hated Margie/Luke and Flight Time/Big Easy in their initial seasons, but I totally understand their inclusion. They're popular with the viewing public--a sentiment that I don't agree with but I also won't deny it either. Same goes to Jet/Cord, although to a less extent. I did like them at first, but I gradually became tired of them.

That leaves Amanda/Kris, Zev/Justin, and Mel/Mike as the ones that I really think have no place in this season. I already said enough about the former teams. Mel/Mike, although they're a nice and fun team, haven't been all that memorable in the long run. And there are already three formidable TAR14 teams on this season, so why include them also? The casting department should have looked at other seasons (ahemTAR13ahem) at this point.

To sum it up:

HAPPY ABOUT:
    Ron/Christina
    Kynt/Vyxsin
    Kisha/Jen
    Gary/Mallory

OKAY WITH:
    Jaime/Cara

UNDERSTANDABLE:
    Margie/Luke
    Flight Time/Big Easy
    Jet/Cord

SHOULDN'T EVEN BE THERE:
    Amanda/Kris
    Zev/Justin
    Mel/Mike

My posts in this thread are so long. I guess I've already built a strong opinion on this season, even though it'll be months until it airs.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 11-24-2010 at 08:24 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Sorry, double post. But I just read another spoiler. The first boots are

Click to see Spoiler:
    //////////////Amanda & Kris//////////////

I should stop looking at spoilers now that boot spoilers are out. I try to avoid those at all costs. But since I already read that one on accident, I thought I would share it in this thread.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm happy for all of the returning cast (lots of favs returning), except for Gallory and Krismanda.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The only thing I hate about AS seasons, is that teams I loved before sometimes have me wanting them eliminated to get them off my TV. They buy into the fan favorite aspect and being invited back over everyone else. I loved Drew/Kevin the first time around, but when they came back for AS, they were like a completely different team. Part of me wondered, especially with Drew's back injury, why they bothered I love Jet/Cord, but I hope this doesn't make grow tired of their schtick.

In all, I'm pretty meh on the team list. I'm really surprised Amanda/Kris and Jamie/Cara were invited back (actually make that Kisha/Jen as well-weren't they the ones fighting with Margie/Luke all the time?) I guess if they were short on female teams that did well, they didn't have much choice. I liked Jamie/Cara, just surprised they're back. I wonder if the TAR14, except for el/Mike, had to do with the Kisha/Jen fighting with Margie/Luke, then being friends with Jamie/Cara on the race, and M/L U-Turning Amanda/Kris, causing their elimination, and the producers hoping for some drama and backstabbing.

I loved TAR13 in comparision to seasons 12 and 14, so I'm surprised that one got looked over completely. I would have loved to have seen Nick/Starr back. And Andrew/Dan, god love them, were entertaining because they bungle their way to the end. I would have liked to have seen them go all the way back to the beginning. I know they have enough teams to sort through from seasons 12-17, but I don't feel these teams would have been all that memorable, and I would have preferred seeing teams from the early seasons that were left out of the first AS. I wonder if TAR will do like Survivor and make more frequent AS seasons.

As for the first boot spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    while I don't really care, I feel kind of bad for them. I know Amanda/Kris went out early the first time due to the U-Turn, so I would have liked to have seen them get a better chance to race-or at least earn their spot.

Some of the teams I would have liked to have seen were Nicholas/Donald (TAR12), Toni/Dallas, Nick/Starr (TAR13), Meghan and Cheyne (TAR15)...and that's about it, most of my other picks were either selected or came from pre-AS2 seasons.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-25-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4114611;
    The only thing I hate about AS seasons, is that teams I loved before sometimes have me wanting them eliminated to get them off my TV. They buy into the fan favorite aspect and being invited back over everyone else. I loved Drew/Kevin the first time around, but when they came back for AS, they were like a completely different team. Part of me wondered, especially with Drew's back injury, why they bothered I love Jet/Cord, but I hope this doesn't make grow tired of their schtick.

In all, I'm pretty meh on the team list. I'm really surprised Amanda/Kris and Jamie/Cara were invited back (actually make that Kisha/Jen as well-weren't they the ones fighting with Margie/Luke all the time?) I guess if they were short on female teams that did well, they didn't have much choice. I liked Jamie/Cara, just surprised they're back. I wonder if the TAR14, except for el/Mike, had to do with the Kisha/Jen fighting with Margie/Luke, then being friends with Jamie/Cara on the race, and M/L U-Turning Amanda/Kris, causing their elimination, and the producers hoping for some drama and backstabbing.

I loved TAR13 in comparision to seasons 12 and 14, so I'm surprised that one got looked over completely. I would have loved to have seen Nick/Starr back. And Andrew/Dan, god love them, were entertaining because they bungle their way to the end. I would have liked to have seen them go all the way back to the beginning. I know they have enough teams to sort through from seasons 12-17, but I don't feel these teams would have been all that memorable, and I would have preferred seeing teams from the early seasons that were left out of the first AS. I wonder if TAR will do like Survivor and make more frequent AS seasons.

As for the first boot spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    while I don't really care, I feel kind of bad for them. I know Amanda/Kris went out early the first time due to the U-Turn, so I would have liked to have seen them get a better chance to race-or at least earn their spot.

Some of the teams I would have liked to have seen were Nicholas/Donald (TAR12), Toni/Dallas, Nick/Starr (TAR13), Meghan and Cheyne (TAR15)...and that's about it, most of my other picks were either selected or came from pre-AS2 seasons.
    Ooh, I forgot about TAR 13 completely. I would love to have Toni/Dallas back! I liked Nick and Starr, but they won, so I don't think they should come back.

For some reason, I can't turn away from the spoilers. I think when it gets farther in the game, I'll stop.

The second team philiminated is...

Click to see Spoiler:
    //////////////Mel & Mike//////////////

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Thoughts on first two boots:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Not too sad about Krismanda. They were one of the two teams I didn't really care about anyway. Mel and Mike, however, I do like a lot. I was hoping they could last a while again.

And regarding the third leg I read this...

Click to see Spoiler:
    NEL with Kynt & Vyxsin arriving in last. Correct me if I am wrong but this is what I think I saw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast