+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/14 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

It seems the more I like Vicky the more I hate Nick. I'd like to see her drop him on his head and then just drop him period.

FORT Fan

Double U-turn next week. I hope its a non-elimination leg though!

To the Point

Next week worrys me. Hope that it doesn't bite the teams I like.

Somehow I find it funny that Vicky is showing herself to be daring and unafraid of pretty much anything. That's rare.

So sad for Mal and Gary. I really liked those two. Mallory's parents seem to have done a tremendous job raising her.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4105685;
    How is it that as I sit on my couch at home and I see Thomas asking to pay the cabbie and they will follow him, I am shouting, 'NO, not allowed!!', but the racers who have to know all the rules inside and out and sign contracts have no clue???

(secretly I was happy it happened to them as I like chad and stephanie just a titch more....but so far just a titch...)
    They used to be allowed to pay a cab and follow them. I know when Kevin and Michael did it the leg before it was specifically mentioned as not being allowed. But I presumed it was just for that leg. When I saw Thomas doing it this leg I didn't know/think it was going to be a problem.

Sad that Gary and Mallory are out but sooo happy that the doctors are still in.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4105787;
    They used to be allowed to pay a cab and follow them. I know when Kevin and Michael did it the leg before it was specifically mentioned as not being allowed. But I presumed it was just for that leg. When I saw Thomas doing it this leg I didn't know/think it was going to be a problem.

Sad that Gary and Mallory are out but sooo happy that the doctors are still in.
    That's how I viewed the cab thing too, that last week's non-allowance of it was specifically for last week, not a new race rule.

I wanted both of the last two teams to be still racing, so I couldn't decide which team I wanted gone. I really wanted one of the other 3 teams gone, but they were safe.

I really miss the old days of no u-turns and yields. I think it's changed the race and not for the better. One of the things I appreciated early about TAR was that it wasn't as cutthroat with the competition, that one's own racing ability was what created winners. There were always flukes of the system, like the sisters going out in the haybale episode. It used to be deficits could be overcome by the fast forwards. They were used strategically. Now the fast forward is a joke, since there are only 2 and the first place team who doesn't need it goes for it. They might as well not bother having it at all.

I never thought I'd care if an all girl team won, other than it would just be nice to see. This year though that's who I am rooting for. I like the drs. and the shoppers, and I don't much care for the remaining guy/girl teams. So, I'm hoping for one of the girl teams, and it doesn't even matter which since I like them both equally.

FORT Fan

I don't know if anyone has watched the episodes of Elimination Station online, but the volleyball girls seem to still be pretty bitter about being eliminated and they don't want an all-girl team to win since they didn't win. There's one girls that's a lot more vocal about it than the other one, but the one who always talks about it is very annoying.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I knew from the previews for this week that Nat and Kat would be in trouble if they had to drive a car. They had trouble navigating in England and it seems they didn't do much better in Oman. Because of that, and them being my favorite team, the whole episode was a nail biter for me.

My first thought when Chad, the cad, proposed was to scream for her to say No! Will she become his little, uneducated Mrs. or will she stand on her own? Good Luck with that.

What happened to Nick's vow to be nice to Vicki, or anyone else in his way for that matter? I also wish Vicki could run this race on her own. "Find Ali Baba in the suit." Gotta love that girl.

I guess Mallory's intense prayer sessions didn't work for them. I do like that Father and Daughter were able to race together. That was sweet to see.

The QVC girls are holding their own. I expect them to win or at least be closer to the top of the pack next episode. I like them both and if the Doctors can't pull out a win, I hope they do.

Jill and Thomas who? Even though they've now won two legs, they still don't make an impression on me.

Looks like a weird set-up for next week in another steamy, hot climate. Tempers will flare and exhaustion will set in. Always good to see.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4106056;
    My first thought when Chad, the cad, proposed was to scream for her to say No! Will she become his little, uneducated Mrs. or will she stand on her own? Good Luck with that.
    It's worth pointing out that stress can bring out different sides to people than normal, and that both parties in a relationship cope in different ways. The Race is a stressful situation from the start to the finish of every leg, so what we see is (probably be design) people under a pressure cooker.

In this case, we see Chad's frustration and how he turns it rather aggressively into ranting. We also see that Stephanie gives it back sometimes and takes it at other times. But we're not in a position to judge them on more than what few minutes a week we've seen of things, so my take on it is that I wish them both well: if I were going to propose in a big way, doing it on a race around the would would be pretty cool, I think!

BTW, the video gamer in me loved the level-up toast on the graphic for them from "Newly Dating" to "Engaged".

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;4105919;
    I don't know if anyone has watched the episodes of Elimination Station online, but the volleyball girls seem to still be pretty bitter about being eliminated and they don't want an all-girl team to win since they didn't win. There's one girls that's a lot more vocal about it than the other one, but the one who always talks about it is very annoying.
    I have noticed that. They are so bitter it's irritating and even sad. I also believe that the main reason they wanted Michael & Kevin to win was becase they were the only all-male team left and they want no girls to win, but that yes, the main reason they don't want the two remaining all-girl teams to win because they wanted to be the first all-girl team to win. I'm very happy that Andie calls them out on their crappy attitude and that Michael's being all zen about his elimination, it helps counteract the nasty attitudes of the trio of bitter betties with the volley girls and Kevin.

This recent leg scared me, because Nat & Kat's weakness is navigation, so whenever they have to drive themselves, I get scared. They're my favorites and I want them to win, with the ShopShop Girls (Brook & Claire) a close second. Shae my dream of best final 3 ever was shot down last night with Gary & Mallory being eliminated, but they were a class act, especially Mallory when compared to beauty queens in previous seasons. Nice to see Chad & Stephanie had a nice day like that with winning after the engaging thing, but now they can go away.

Honestly, I got no idea which of those three teams I want gone first, what with Chad being a jerk (and Stephanie not far behind), Thomas being a condescending attitude towards Jill and his mimicry act with the locals, and Nick being a huge douchebag towards Vicki. I really wish Vicki would finally get up in arms and smack him down instead of silently taking his horrible behavior all the time, cause you know she could totally kick his sorry butt easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4106056;
    I wouldn't worry too much about them actually getting married any time soon. I always wonder about these huge public proposals. Hard enough to say "no" with an audience watching, but to do so and expect to finish the race with this guy is even worse.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast