+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/7 *Discussion thread*

Re: 11/7 *Discussion thread*

OMG, Chad and Stephanie just creep me out. "He was so supportive of me. He's grown so much." Sneering at you and calling you stupid is being supportive? Seeing Stephanie be so blind about him just makes me ill. There's an abused wife in the making. I mean, did you see the smirk on his face while she fawned over him? Like I said, frightening.
    Funny...I said to my husband and son that the task must have been like labor: you forget about the pain (well, mostly) once it's over. Given that we had just listened to him be a little less than supportive through that last task...

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4100132;
    Maybe Nick and Vicki did but it wasn't shown because it didn't make a difference in the end.
    This is what I'm thinking - given their placing I'm almost certain of it. It also probably was something as lame as the ice chairs. That said, I have to give them some kudos for doing that roadblock as quickly as they did.

I'm sad Michael and Kevin are out; however, at that point (given that Michael did poorly in the roadblock), they did it to themselves by NOT reading the rules. Had they at least read them once on those two penalties correctly, they'd only had a 30 minute penalty and unless they weren't real close (doubtful given the dialogue at the pit stop) they'd been in the race.

This pretty much leaves me with two teams I'll root for - Nat and Kat as well as Gary and Mallory. I'm not going to be upset if Jill and Thomas win, except they're boring, and wouldn't mind Nick and Vicki because they are at least working harder now and not making *as* many stupid choices.

I don't want Chad and Stephanie to win - he is very ugly to her and if this is the team that he's wanting to propose to her, I hope she basically slaps him (verbally, as I don't want her to break the rules by hitting him and get ejected from the game).

I know I'm missing a team, but this is my analysis for the time being.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One more point - this is a burr with me - why didn't they penalize Chad and Stephanie for not paying the cabbie, and basically saying they'd pay him after the pit stop? WHY isn't this a penalty, because they must complete all challenges and pay their cabbies before making the pit stop? In essence, they didn't follow the rules of the game.

And why were they STUPID for leaving their bags there anyway? Last season's father/daughter team actually lost their packs for this reason.

It's another reason I don't like this team - that's a dumb mistake, and worse, he's ugly to her for even questioning this move.

FORT fan

I don't understand how someone could tie up a cab all day and then not pay them properly. Russia is not a third world country. It's in Europe and cabs are not cheap. One of the cab drivers said it would be 10,000 rubles. That's $330! How can you not expect that. And they threw $60 at them. There should be a penalty for that too.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4100150;
    I'm not going to be upset if Jill and Thomas win, except they're boring, and wouldn't mind Nick and Vicki because they are at least working harder now and not making *as* many stupid choices.

I don't want Chad and Stephanie to win - he is very ugly to her and if this is the team that he's wanting to propose to her, I hope she basically slaps him (verbally, as I don't want her to break the rules by hitting him and get ejected from the game).
    This is something I don't understand... Nick's no better to Vicki than Chad is to Stephanie, so why do people like N&V better than C&S? Hell, I give C&S the edge because while both N and C are somewhat abusive, C at least isn't friggin' stupid 95% of the time!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk;4100213;
    This is something I don't understand... Nick's no better to Vicki than Chad is to Stephanie, so why do people like N&V better than C&S? Hell, I give C&S the edge because while both N and C are somewhat abusive, C at least isn't friggin' stupid 95% of the time!
    They're just more likeable? And I don't find Nick AS bad as Chad, though his calling her names like "dumbass" have to end. Perhaps it's because Vicki is quite likeable, in a her own way, and that makes the team more likeable. Also, Nick has expressed some regrets about his treatment of her.

Chad and Thomas, on the other hand, are completely clueless as to how poorly they treat their partners. Chad rubbing it in about the figurine... "it was right in front of your friggin face!" just underlined what a meathead he is. And Thomas has one of the strongest racers on the race as a partner, and yet all he can see is his own superiority. Both those two guys are the limit.
    I think Nick got lucky having two guys who were bigger jerks on this race with him. Otherwise, he'd be the sure villian.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4100150;
    One more point - this is a burr with me - why didn't they penalize Chad and Stephanie for not paying the cabbie, and basically saying they'd pay him after the pit stop? WHY isn't this a penalty, because they must complete all challenges and pay their cabbies before making the pit stop? In essence, they didn't follow the rules of the game.
    They did penalize them in that Phil would not check them in until they went back and paid their cab.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I too was surprised last week when Nick and Vicki weren't told that they would have to perform a task that no one else would have to do. That doesn't seem fair to Michael and Kevin since they had to do a Speed Bump earlier in the show. Why were N & V not required to do so? I would love to hear Phil's explanation for why there was no Speed Bump on this leg of the race. If there was one then I believe that they would have shown it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk;4100213;
    Because at least Nick will apologize to Vicki, I've yet to see that with Chad. Also, Chad I believe is the one who says he's going to propose to Stephanie once they're eliminated/final pit stop, and seeing his behavior toward her, he turns me off when he then goes and says he loves her and still implies doing this.

And, I'm guessing too the FACT that Nick is stupid and has prat falls is why people also like him - he gets karma and at least he admits he's stupid when it is dished out to him. Chad again blames anyone but himself.

But, with both - if this helps out - my attitudes toward them tend to change a bit each week. I do admit though that N&V are lucky to be in there ONLY because Michael was inept at that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4100314;
    They did penalize them in that Phil would not check them in until they went back and paid their cab.
    I see that; however, I think the season before last a pair was penalized for giving personal items (bartering) with a cabbie in order to get to the pit stop, and they got assessed an hour penalty (mind you, this was their second offense breaking the rules).

I see going directly toward the pit stop not paying their cabbie is breaking the rules, in that they didn't complete responsibilities prior to arriving, and felt it should've been a half hour penalty on top of the time advantage given that they should've paid their cabbie first before going to the pit stop.

Of course I'm saying this because I liked Kevin and Michael as well; however, given that I've seen people penalized with more time for bartering with a cabbie than what it had to be to just return to pay the cabbie (note, the former at least PAID in some way the cabbie and then went to the pit stop - even if it was a violation), it's like CBS once again doesn't have set rules in this regard and piecemeal them.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4100348;
    I too was surprised last week when Nick and Vicki weren't told that they would have to perform a task that no one else would have to do. That doesn't seem fair to Michael and Kevin since they had to do a Speed Bump earlier in the show. Why were N & V not required to do so? I would love to hear Phil's explanation for why there was no Speed Bump on this leg of the race. If there was one then I believe that they would have shown it.
    If they didn't do one at all, then there's a problem because it affected the outcome of the game. That said, it isn't out there for them to not show challenges in order to slant the episode to a team that's going to be eliminated or for the more frustrating ones like this challenge that eliminated Michael and Kevin.

I guess someone needs to go to both stops they made (roadblock and detour) and see if there's the second kiosk for the duo. If there's not a stand at either, there is something fishy because the speedbumps are ONLY at those two places.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast