+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

CCL

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I don't think they are romantic partners, just friends. I recall the blonde saying something about Mister Right at the knight challenge. Not that that necessarily means anything.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Good episode. Liked the Princeton boys' exit--really classy and upbeat.

Kevin & his father really lucked out--their speedbump was so quick I missed it! I'm glad it was mentioned here b/c I was wondering afterwards how they were able to finish w/o one. But I do wonder where they got the phone to call the airline? Does everyone have one b/c I haven't noticed them before...

I have Chad's voice echoing around in my head--STEPHANIEEEEE.... she must have a low self esteem to put up with that crap and then apologizing for giving up. The only reason he was nice to her afterwards was b/c they knew the volleyball team and the singers were behind them. I can't stand him at all--what is it with the guys screaming at their girlfriends these last two episodes?

I still can't decide if I like Mallory or not. She seems fun and cute sometimes but then others, she drives me crazy. "I'm so glad I'm blonde." Seriously?? And her God comments every other sentence drive me batty too. Yes, he/she is sitting around, helping you in your quest around the world. (Reminds me of BB with the good vs bad teams.)

That being said, I haven't found a team I really dislike this season. The volleyballers are annoying but I don't hate them. If I could group the bully boyfriends together, I guess it'd have to be them but b/c of their girlfriends, I'm not rooting against them. I love that this show has been so mellow this year!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

They borrowed the phone from the cabbie. That's happened in previous seasons as well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

jadewarlock said:

"7. Using the express pass here? - Given where they were in the leg and given the two challenges, I have to say this was probably a smart move. It is risky given this is the fourth or fifth leg and next one looks a bit difficult (Unless Nat and Kat's bit in the previews was a fast forward); however, these two challenges at least warranted a use of said express pass. The ONLY way I can see a potential waste of this is if they have the flag in the haybale challenge."

WE know that it might not have been necessary or a bad move, but given the information they appeared to have at the time (no teams at the challenge, them being at the one that's "slower but less difficult") it was exactly the right call. We got to see that they could have saved it since so many teams had to give up on the sledding and would have come in behind them, but they had no way of knowing how badly some of the teams were doing on the sleds.

Honestly, I'm very happy with the way the Express Pass twist played out. It wasn't used too soon or used up at the end of its life cycle, and it made for interesting decisions that were aired (we got to see them debating using it on both the dogsleds and the detour). I'd be fine with them doing that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4086067;
    The blonde of Nat and Kat (don't know which is which) reminds me of someone when she smiles, but I cannot figure out who. I don't know if it's someone from TV or someone I know personally, but if anyone has any famous names they want to throw out there so it will stop driving me crazy, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    She reminds me of the actress who took Suzanne Somers place when she quit "Three's Company" Not the first one - the first was Priscilla Barnes, the second one...I think her first name was Jenni? She also had a small recurring part on "Dallas" in the 80's. This blonde looks a LOT like her...
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Okay, just googled cast of "Three's Company". I'm thinking of Jennilee Harrison, she played Cindy Snow, cousin to Suzanne Somer's Chrissy. She definitely reminds me of Nat (the blonde), especially with the wide smile full of teeth.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4086444;
    They borrowed the phone from the cabbie. That's happened in previous seasons as well.
    Thank you! I think that's so smart. Can I borrow your phone would be my second question after how fast can you get to the airport? Good for them! Kind of reminds me of Jett (or was it Cord) buying the tour guide booklet last season and reading it and then knowing exactly where they needed to go instead of asking a 'native'.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;4086531;
    Okay, just googled cast of "Three's Company". I'm thinking of Jennilee Harrison, she played Cindy Snow, cousin to Suzanne Somer's Chrissy. She definitely reminds me of Nat (the blonde), especially with the wide smile full of teeth.
    Ok, it finally dawned on me who I think she looks like. Put blonde hair on Parvati from Survivor. They have the same mouth, same smile.....It's funny because I kept picturing Parv with Nat's hair...lol. When I focused on the face, it came to me...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's who it is- Parvati!! Wow- one less thing that has to occupy space in my brain now!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4086890;
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's who it is- Parvati!! Wow- one less thing that has to occupy space in my brain now!
    I know! It's been driving me nuts, too! And...you're welcome!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast