+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/26 - Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/26 - Show Discussion **Spoilers**

OMG my favorite show is back and man did they deliver on the funny. The watermelon, the Asians boat sinking, the couple getting lost to the pit stop for a long time, the tattooed couple saying they're not dumb trying to look for the flags and the boats.

I am for Team Doctors!

I find it amazing that even starting half an hour later due to football the show still is almost 15 minutes late.

Loved that there were so many challenges this episode and that they are going back to having the contestants try to figure out clues ex: find the castle opposite of Nor'easter, I thought was great.

I too laughed a lot on this episode and an above poster is right, the sinking boats challenge is up there with the rolling the cheese down the hill challenge.

I wish we had an idea of how close the last three teams were to cross the finish line? and how did the lead team that got eliminated manage to get so lost?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It doesn't matter what the start time is if they are going to show 60 Minutes in its entirety. In this case, 60 Minutes should have been renamed 90 Minutes.

Sunday programs during football season are the one time it's an advantage to be on the West Coast.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;4070194;
    Stonehenge
    battlement
    the boats
    The country of London

I've never seen one person be so ignorant in a single episode of TAR!
    My dad said that he would have looked over the little boats too, which I suppose makes sense if you're looking for something more like the a rowboat or something, but it still stumps me a bit that they wouldn't have thought to improvise with the little boats (which are actually called coracles, like Reepicheep's in Voyage of the Dawn Treader [/lit nerd])... I guess it comes down to everybody's brains working differently.

I have to add that seeing them go to England made my heart ache. I've been an Anglophile for ages, and have been trying like mad these last few months to get to London as an Olympic volunteer in 2012, so to see them driving around England... yeah, I'll admit, I'm insanely jealous. I'm sure it was funny (or maybe aggravating - who knows) to see me shout at the screen, "No, the sign said Salisbury - go left! You missed the turn! Argh!" The Eastnor clue would have stumped me, too, but it's absolutely gorgeous, and I would have loved to play around like they did. I wonder if I wrote to the tourist office, they'd add a "storm the castle" package. Yep, I'd let myself get doused by pond water by shouting peasants.

I also continue to be in love with Phil (who's looking good!) and that eyebrow. Bring on the rest of TAR 17 - I can't wait!
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4070418;
    For those discussing having been places shown on the program - We were in London a few years ago after an earlier season of TAR had visited there. While on the London Eye, we were pointing out where the next clue had been visible on a nearby building. That's as close as I'll ever get to being on the show, though!
    Every time they go somewhere I've been I have a little fun with it. The season they went to Amsterdam I was actually in the city only a few months after they'd filmed and when I got back I saw the episode, and this time hearing London and Stonehenge I was happy: I've actually been inside Stonehenge so I was hoping for some cool detour or something there, but it being the watermelon episode was okay consolation.

I thought the Glee boys were okay, but I still have this annoying association with the frat guys who made it way too far in the race despite bumbling along almost every leg, so I'm going to want to see some good racing before I get behind them. The biker couple: they can go. I was amused at the cameraman's evident joy in being able to hear them say "where's the ___?" so that he can pan over and zoom in on it (always fun), but like sweets there was too much of it with them... though I did enjoy Phil deadpanning "yes, you're in the country of London."

And yes, the boats were probably hours of comedy in the cutting room: I don't know that I'd want to try that myself, but it looked like once you got it you just needed some patience. I'm wondering if the last team actually figured it out or not since they did that ending montage and then showed them at the mat, but didn't show them finishing the crossing or shooting watermelons.

I was really glad to see that BOTH of the home shopping hosts were laughing about the watermelon in the post-leg interviews. I figured that she'd get over it, and it looks like once she got some distance she took it in stride. "Girl got smacked in the face with a watermelon," "I can't feel my face," the whole way to the pit stop: I'm only disappointed that they didn't get Phil to ask about it on camera for us.

Oh, and no detour? Awww.

Overall, the race is back and YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

Nice to see TAR is back and with so many likable contestants - at least on this epiosde.
    Cannot believe that watermelon hitting the poor woman. The blonde is definitely going to be telling that story for many years to come. I thought she was actually quite solicitious of her friend and was glad to see the friend able to make a comeback.
    Looks like Nick and Vicki will be this season's models from last year. Although, I think I like Nick / Vicki more. Just wish Vicki would lose some of the tats.
    So sorry to see the black gay couple leave. They would have been a hoot to watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Lovin' this season, still can't believe the guys who were in first place (one having a masters, and PHD?) getting so lost with the driving directions. Just goes to show you can have all the book knowledge in the world..bnut if you have no common sense or sense of direction you will just get lost in the "roundabout" all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4070225;
    Yay for double TAR dose, as the premiere for season 2 of the latin american version also played tonight.
    OMG, I missed it! Do you know where I can find it online?

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;4070788;
    OMG, I missed it! Do you know where I can find it online?
    Actually, I just found it, and I believe I also found all of season 1 too. I'll PM it to you, but I hope you know spanish, because there are no english subtitles, and the only subs you'll find are the ones in spanish for the Brazilian teams.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

With the express pass...is it a one-time deal or can they use it more than once? I thought it was a one-time deal; but, the contestants seemed to be talking about it as if they can use it until the 8th leg.

+ Reply to Thread