Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connor & Jonathan - TAR 17

Connor & Jonathan - TAR 17

Connor & Jonathan

Connor Diemand-Yauman

Hometown: Chesterland, Ohio

Connection to your Teammate: Best friend

Current occupation: Student

Favorite hobbies: Singing in our a cappella group, volunteering, speech/debate, acting and sports

Achievements: Serving as student body President at Princeton University

Lifelong to do list: Beat Phil Keoghan in a foot race

What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick

What excites you most about traveling? New adventures and the unexpected

If I could switch places with someone: Shirley Tilghman (President of Princeton)

Role model/hero: Barack Obama

What are you passionate about? Show tunes.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Withdraw the full amount in one-dollar bills, put it in a kiddie pool, jump in, jump out and take a shower (apparently money is really dirty).

People would be surprised to learn: Dalmatians are born without spots

Favorite place you have ever visited: Princeton, N.J.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Staying in harmony (musically and competitively)

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? An incredible experience and the chance for one last hurrah with Jonathan before we graduate and go off into the real world.

Pet peeve about your teammate: At times Jonathan can be overly concerned with getting in trouble and he's often afraid to break any sort of rules.

Jonathan Schwartz

Hometown: Cranford, N.J.

Connection to your Teammate: Best friend

Current occupation: Student

Favorite hobbies: Singing in our a cappella group, filmmaking and filling out surveys

Achievements: It's a three-way tie between getting into Princeton, being cast in a Broadway show and opening up that really tough jar of pickles in the back of my fridge.

Lifelong to do list: Make a lifelong to do list

What scares you most about traveling? The fact that other travelers are probably going to pass gas on airplanes without me hearing it

What excites you most about traveling? The opportunity for me to pass gas on airplanes without anyone hearing it

If I could switch places with someone: Yanni

Role model/hero: My parents, Mother Theresa and Kenny G (not necessarily in that order).

What are you passionate about? Tweezin' the old unibrow

What would you do if you won the million dollars? If I were to win the million dollars I would buy a pony, but just one.

People would be surprised to learn: That my name, "Jonathan," is translated to mean "gift from God." Coincidence? I think not.

Favorite place you have ever visited: My podiatrist's office (bunion surgery - more like "Fun-ion" surgery.)

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Not dying while circling the globe.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? On the Race, I hope to accomplish world peace, eradicate hunger and give Phil Keoghan a buzz cut.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He's taller than me.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-08-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Re: Connor & Jonathan - TAR 17

These guys will either be entertaining or irritating as heck due to the goofiness; I'm not sure which.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4055085;
    These guys will either be entertaining or irritating as heck due to the goofiness; I'm not sure which.
    I agree. I think they're cute but I can see them being too much for me sometimes.

If they are always "on" then I can see it getting kind of tiring. If they genuinely enjoy themselves, the race, and the experience, then I'm all for it. I liked the hippies for that very reason, although I know they weren't everyone's cup of tea.

I agree. They also remind me of the hippies, who I too found enjoyable and amusing. If these guys keep me entertained, they will quickly become one of my faves.

Yeah, I can see them either being fun to watch or so irritating you hope they get lost at the first destination and are never found. At this point, I'm hoping for the former...

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

They sound nice and so funny...they are my faves so far.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

I'm kind of worried that they'll be like the frat boys from a few seasons back and just sort of bumble through somehow. That would annoy me. However, since their link is their a capella group I have high hopes (I loved singing my college's group). I just need to see them interacting I guess...

CCL

I can't stop thinking of the one as Harry Potter now...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

They're quite likeable from what I saw last night. But what I liked best about them was how kind the were to see if they could do anything to help Andie & Jenna and Gary & Mallory when both teams were having car trouble. At first I thought "Oh, no, do we have another team of Cho Brothers here?", but was pleased when they were quick to return to the race once seeing they couldn't help and would lose time of their own, and the fact that they were polite about it to the other teams.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast