+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andie & Jenna - TAR 17

Re: Andie & Jenna - TAR 17

I don't remember when or where I saw it, but there was a show (podcast?) introducing this year's teams. IIRC, Andie said that she wasn't prepared to raise Jenna, so she carried to term and gave her up for adoption to a family who could care for her.

I was impressed. It's not always easy to do what's best for the child.

FORT Newbie

My daughter goes to Catholic school with Andie's kids. As I understand it, Andie was not married when she got pregnant with Jenna. Her family was Catholic (I believe her twin brother is a priest in Atlanta) and they just felt the baby was better off in a two parent family. But it was a tough loss for Andie and I've heard her whole family was thrilled to meet Jenna after all these years. My daughter is a friend of Andie's teenaged daughter, who has said she and Jenna hit it off really well.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;4056061;
    I don't remember when or where I saw it, but there was a show (podcast?) introducing this year's teams. IIRC, Andie said that she wasn't prepared to raise Jenna, so she carried to term and gave her up for adoption to a family who could care for her.

I was impressed. It's not always easy to do what's best for the child.
    I'm impressed also. It takes alot of strength not to take the easy way out. I'm not judging though - it's a hard decision either way for any woman who is not prepared for a pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by charwalker;4056081;
    I've heard her whole family was thrilled to meet Jenna after all these years. My daughter is a friend of Andie's teenaged daughter, who has said she and Jenna hit it off really well.
    That is really nice to hear.

I am liking them. I hope that they last a while...

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4055070;
    I'm glad that for once the Georgia gals don't seem to be ditzes, beeyotches, or ortherwise drama queens (obviously I could be wrong), so that means I can pull for the home team this time!
    Yes, I agree. Isn't Jenna such a pretty girl? Go DOGS!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

I like this couple and hope they stay in a good length of time to give them lots of bonding time and experiences together.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

I think this pair will be interesting to watch. Hopefully they will stick around for awhile and become close to each other. Andie looks awfully good for a woman who has given birth 11 times and raised 10 kids!

I admire Andie for having the courage to do what was best for her child, no matter how hard it was for her personally. Too many women don't, which is why we have to have a social services system.

She had 10 kids? Seriously???? Dang. I never would have guessed.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe;4071937;
    I think this pair will be interesting to watch. Hopefully they will stick around for awhile and become close to each other. Andie looks awfully good for a woman who has given birth 11 times and raised 10 kids!
    It's very possible that some of her kids are adopted. Has it been confirmed that she gave birth to all eleven?
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast