+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3900816;
    Yes, but this is Caite, bastion of logic. Sounds odd too when she says "he knew it was mine -- or somebody's -- and he deliberately put the clothes over the top of it" but prior to that "he knew it was my money bag, he knew I would probably miss it -- so I ran out without it." and "I know it was deliberate." How does she KNOW that the Jet didn't just quickly throw them on the couch knowing he and Cord still (at the time) had a chance to beat the brothers and wanted to make up time? Or for that matter it was either there or that it was theirs and that she'd forget?

Regardless of how inane that may sound... it's really regardless. She should've remembered to get everything - she still remembered it was on the couch, so why didn't she go and rummage through there to begin with?.

In fact, a common sense logic thing is you ALWAYS go and check your stuff before you leave (I'm OCD, so I'd been checking it to the point my partner would've had to hit me over the head to get us going). I understand heat of the moment, but I would've hoped they learned from the cowboys nearly being eliminated that you must go and make sure you have everything just in case. Also, apparently if I read right Caite and Brent were already away from the place when they discovered the money was missing.

I'm sorry... but Caite here sounds like she's trying to make the cowboys look bad and cover her rear for making a really dumb mistake of not checking her stuff to begin with.
    I wouldn't put it past the producers to do it, or Caite to lie about it, or one of the people who worked there could have moved it inadvertently thinking it was all one persons stuff and belonged together, or a hundred other things. Even if he did it he may well have been in a huge hurry and just thrown stuff on the couch without noticing her stuff. For her to state this as a fact is ridiculous, and dare I say stupid.

Caite did not actually see who put what were and therefore has no idea IF it was even the cowboy much less if he did it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3900837;
    Every day People have moved up to first class on occasion, so if they are cheating the airline, thats on the airline, If we question that move, then we have to question other moves done on the show, because some others have done some nasty things. Come on, You know Jet knew that was her stuff, are you kidding me. Look i didnt really care which of the teams won, but the brothers won, and in the eyes of TAR it was done fairly. So on to next year.....
    No ma'am/sir, Caite's comments are suspect, and I wouldn't be surprised as bitter grapes on her part. As people have noted, there are many explanations as to why Jet's stuff could be on Caite's stuff.

And, she could've uh... checked her stuff before leaving to be sure? Anyone knows you go and check your stuff before you leave. Sorry, you cannot blame Jet for Caite's grief - common rule of thumb is one cannot check in without their passports and vital documents. Several teams this season - INCLUDING them - know that.

So NO - Jet most likely did not know it was her stuff. She was the one who forgot about it.

BTW - I questioned several moves on the show this season, but as we see, they PTB either chose to not air the time penalties or they ended up being loopholes - as what clearly happened with the airline. I have little doubt this one will be closed off.

Exactly. People are getting irrational over this.

I once was flying with a friend and our initial flight was delayed and we wouldn't be able to make the next connection. Because most people were being jerks at the counter and we were just like "As long as you get me to my destination before tomorrow at 10am I'm fine. It's not your fault." the counter guy put us in another flight FIRST clas, no extra charge. At first I thought those were the only seats left but we saw many of the jerks walk by us on the same flight, LOL. I don't know how it works but for an airline an empty seat it's something they want to avoid over some extra juice/drinks/meals/etc.
    Dan, I'm not being irrational. There is a HUGE difference here, and I've pointed it out in earlier posts.

We have seen teams get bumped up to first class due to something the airline did that was an ERROR on their part. I believe it was team Guido, and it was because the airline sold too many tickets and offered the team the move up in order to keep their tickets (and money). They also were the ONLY ones on the flight, and therefore it didn't have an advantage regardless.

This case - the team ASKED to be moved up to the aisle, And it had NO overbookings. There were plenty of spaces, so it is different.

Plus, it was the last leg of the race, and frankly it was under misleading stuff if it was the flight attendant thought she'd get face time by having the cameras on her for the good deed (but she wouldn't get it, as per below).

NO team - unless someone can prove to me otherwise, BEFORE Dan and Jordan EVER asked the flight attendants to move up to first class, or if have, they've been unsuccessful. They'd shown it otherwise.

Additionally, they were moved up because said flight attendant was intrigued by the cameras... never mind that they cannot film in flight (FAA regulations, see stories on how they filmed "Flygirls" for more information.)

>>>>>>>>>>>

In conclusion - no it doesn't matter who wins, but in my opinion Dan and Jordan's win will have an asterisk because everyone knows the rules regarding first class flying. This was a loophole they got through with, and it affected the outcome more than the "Star Wars" stuff or the cheat sheet did.

(And I think we can all be honest with ourselves if we knew that we were the cowboys or models, we'd been pissed off at this little incident, even more so if we did try - note no one has mentioned this - and were turned away.)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3901017;
    Dan, I'm not being irrational. There is a HUGE difference here, and I've pointed it out in earlier posts.

This case - the team ASKED to be moved up to the aisle, And it had NO overbookings. There were plenty of spaces, so it is different.

NO team - unless someone can prove to me otherwise, BEFORE Dan and Jordan EVER asked the flight attendants to move up to first class, or if have, they've been unsuccessful. They'd shown it otherwise.
    Question: Given they never fell out of first place after that, how big of a role do you think the fact that Dan and Jordan were able to move up to first class and be the first ones off the plane played in their victory?

Brent Horne: That was the biggest move. That's what obviously won the Race for them. I give them props for making such a smart move early on in that leg.

Question: Did you guys know they were doing that at the time, or were you guys sleeping or what was going on [with your own team] when that happened?

Brent Horne: Yeah, we knew they were moving up there. One thing that went through my head -- because Caite and I had been up in the front of the plane many times throughout the Race -- and it never mattered. Because we were all like, "Yeah, the front of the plane. We'll get there first." Then you have to get out and you go through customs and you go through all that mess [and it doesn't matter much].

I don't know, when we got off the plane there was a crowd of people. Obviously when they got off the plane they didn't really have to go through much. I guess the airport was closed before our plane got there because there wasn't anybody else there except when we landed.
    So the Cowboys and B&C are just giving kudos to them for thinking smart. It's all the internets that's going nuts about this being some kind of cheating.

Again, buy coach, sit wherever they allow you. No rules broken.

We are mad because D&J are jerks and we didn't want them to win. I don't remember all the up in the arms when Rob and Amber's last flight was returned to the gate so Uchenna & Joyce could hop in.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3899751;
    They also talk about the line cutting. From Jordan's side he says that it wasn't a big deal: he put his backpack down and was talking to Caite when the line opened and they knew that they were all on the same flight so it sounds to me like it wasn't so much "cut the Cowboys out of the flight" so much as "trying to get better seats" (which didn't end up mattering). IMO if you root for the brothers you'll call "all's fair in a race for a million" and if you root for the Cowboys you'll call it foul play.
    According to Jordon it wasn't a big deal that they cut ahead of the cowboys because they knew they were all going to be on the same flight anyways. So if it "Wasn't a Big Deal" why didn't he just let the cowboys get their tickets first since they were there before them anyways. Doesn't matter if he was talking to Caite when the line opened, move aside and let the others go first if it wasn't going to make a difference. I know that in the end it didn't make a difference, it was just an unnecessary move and then to not talk to the cowboys at one of the tasks when they tried to talk to the brothers was dumb as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3901053;
    Question: Did you guys know they were doing that at the time, or were you guys sleeping or what was going on [with your own team] when that happened?

Brent Horne: Yeah, we knew they were moving up there. One thing that went through my head -- because Caite and I had been up in the front of the plane many times throughout the Race -- and it never mattered. Because we were all like, "Yeah, the front of the plane. We'll get there first." Then you have to get out and you go through customs and you go through all that mess [and it doesn't matter much].

I don't know, when we got off the plane there was a crowd of people. Obviously when they got off the plane they didn't really have to go through much. I guess the airport was closed before our plane got there because there wasn't anybody else there except when we landed.[/INDENT]
    Note though - not all planes - including international ones - necessarily have a first and a coach sections. And customs and the like you can quickly go through when you have nothing to declare.

So the Cowboys and B&C are just giving kudos to them for thinking smart. It's all the internets that's going nuts about this being some kind of cheating.

Again, buy coach, sit wherever they allow you. No rules broken.

We are mad because D&J are jerks and we didn't want them to win. I don't remember all the up in the arms when Rob and Amber's last flight was returned to the gate so Uchenna & Joyce could hop in.
    I hate saying it, but apparently both teams do not read terms and conditions of airplanes prior to the game - they'd know the following:

Most if not all international airliner companies DO NOT give people the right to sit in "Anywhere" - especially first class without PAYING for the upgrade. If you read the sites, they say this. This includes such a short time before landing. The reasoning is the seats are nicer, larger, you get better food and free drink (or drinks).

Maybe "no rules broken" however, they did cheat the airliner by doing this and I find that just as bad. And hopefully CBS didn't show the flight attendant that allowed this because I do think that she would get fired for this.

Personally, I felt that Uchenna and Joyce got lucky because maybe people thought she was a cancer patient (the bald head) and needed to get chemo quickly.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 05-12-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3901205;
    Maybe "no rules broken" however, they did cheat the airliner by doing this and I find that just as bad. And hopefully CBS didn't show the flight attendant that allowed this because I do think that she would get fired for this.

Personally, I felt that Uchenna and Joyce got lucky because maybe people thought she was a cancer patient (the bald head) and needed to get chemo quickly.
    Still I don't see how is this cheating from D&J since the flight attendant/crew were the ones that let them sit in first class after the asked if they could. (remember, "sit wherever they allow you")

I think we should demand an investigation. I demand to know the name of the attendant that allowed them to move to first class after they convinced her so we can pressure CBS to do a recount/rerun/whatever of some sort because clearly that person was the one responsible for them "cheating" the airlines rules.

Sorry, if the rules didn't say anything about "you can sit wherever they let you but first class" then it's not cheating within the game. Do we really think the production would let themselves open to a lawsuit if someone broke the rules/cheated and won the race?

BTW, I don't like Dan & Jordan (jerk and gossip no-manners drama h*) but I don't see how they "cheated" in the game without breaking the written rules.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3901244;
    Still I don't see how is this cheating from D&J since the flight attendant/crew were the ones that let them sit in first class after the asked if they could. (remember, "sit wherever they allow you")
    Maybe, but given that this normally wouldn't happen (Dan and Jordan have admitted the flight attendant was intrigued by the cameras), with out paying, it still is cheating.

I think we should demand an investigation. I demand to know the name of the attendant that allowed them to move to first class after they convinced her so we can pressure CBS to do a recount/rerun/whatever of some sort because clearly that person was the one responsible for them "cheating" the airlines rules.
    Dan... if anyone reads the air carrier's restrictions, most will say you can't fly first class without paying for the bump up. To me, that 30 minutes (and note to what I said - they cannot film while the plane is in flight, so there is that lack of evidence (phone is also debatable) is still flying first class. And yes, as I said clearly above, that flight time - short or long - gave the team a physical advantage too as they sat in more comfortable chairs and the like, so better rested.

And, it's not CBS that'd be saying anything to her - it's her airline if they figure it out. Giving out perks like this (and it is one) can be a fireable offense.

The only way this'd affected the game is if there was a penalty assessed - as I've said there was a 15-minute difference based on what D&J have said with this advantage/sneakiness/what have you. The remaining 10 were things they did that gave them an edge. If this was ruled a penalty (and it could've been), that 25-Minute difference game wise would've been gone and the cowboys would've won.

Sorry, if the rules didn't say anything about "you can sit wherever they let you but first class" then it's not cheating within the game. Do we really think the production would let themselves open to a lawsuit if someone broke the rules/cheated and won the race?
    They found a loophole at most, and it did affect the outcome of the game. It does say clearly you cannot have first class tickets.

And rest assured, given the quibbles about it, there most likely will be a closing of the loophole.

BTW, I don't like Dan & Jordan (jerk and gossip no-manners drama h*) but I don't see how they "cheated" in the game without breaking the written rules.
    As I said, fine maybe not game, but they cheated the airliner out of whatever the difference was for 30 minutes of flight time in first class. That to me is just as bad, but for some people money is more important.

I'd be saying this if the cowboys, models or anyone I've ever liked in the show didi t.

Dan and Jordan got lucky with a loophole and they know it. It could've been a better and fairer overall race if that hole is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3901279;
    As I said, fine maybe not game, but they cheated the airliner out of whatever the difference was for 30 minutes of flight time in first class. That to me is just as bad, but for some people money is more important.

I'd be saying this if the cowboys, models or anyone I've ever liked in the show didi t.

Dan and Jordan got lucky with a loophole and they know it. It could've been a better and fairer overall race if that hole is closed.
    Good. We agree they didn't break the rules or cheated to win the game of the Amazing Race on CBS

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3901358;
    Good. We agree they didn't break the rules or cheated to win the game of the Amazing Race on CBS
    Oh no, I still feel they cheated... even if it apparently is the airliners based on the rules.

And you've got to admit this will be closed beginning next season in order to keep people from potentially creating an incident where people fight and raise a ruckus to get into a first class seat.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3901404;
    Oh no, I still feel they cheated... even if it apparently is the airliners based on the rules.

And you've got to admit this will be closed beginning next season in order to keep people from potentially creating an incident where people fight and raise a ruckus to get into a first class seat.
    I doubt it. In this many seasons this is the first time someone's actually managed to sweet-talk their way into the premium cabin, and Jordan implied in his interview that everybody always asks.

Would it have been cheating if they had paid $200 to some people in the bulkhead to swap with them? Or if the gate agents had assigned them the first row in coach? Where's the line? I think TAR rules are fine on this: you can only pay for coach and the rest is up to your resourcefulness as a traveler and a person participating in a race.

+ Reply to Thread