+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 199

Thread: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #161
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3899588;
    The interviews are online. Dan and Jordan moved to First Class 30 mins before landing. Jed and Cord didn't think of moving (they regret not thinking about it.)
    Yeah, apparently (from a Reality TV World interview I'm reading) Dan and the flight attendant hit it off, and he milked it for all it was worth. They didn't spend the whole flight up there, just the last 30 minutes. Jordan goes on at length in the interview about it (noting that the airlines never gave them upgrades which implies that teams were asking) and mentions that he's sure other teams have tried to get operational seat changes in the past but that they got lucky in that the FA and Dan hit it off.

    Even if Jet and Cord had thought of it, it's really not likely they'd have been able to do it.

    They also talk about the line cutting. From Jordan's side he says that it wasn't a big deal: he put his backpack down and was talking to Caite when the line opened and they knew that they were all on the same flight so it sounds to me like it wasn't so much "cut the Cowboys out of the flight" so much as "trying to get better seats" (which didn't end up mattering). IMO if you root for the brothers you'll call "all's fair in a race for a million" and if you root for the Cowboys you'll call it foul play.

    FWIW they also note that all three teams were seated in the very rear of the plane, and that Brent and Caite, who got their tickets first, were in the last row...

  2. #162
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3899582;
    I know they had to much class to do it, but I'd have loved to see the cowboy in the virtual reality room bump into the other guy who was blocking his way, and then say, "Oh, I'm sorry. Was that your backpack I just tripped over????"

    Well, three responses to that: 1) it's possible that there were no-contact rules for the challenge that were not televised, 2) if bumping did happen we can assume that it's likely that both teams would have pushed through the VR walls and had to go back to the start of their levels, which doesn't seem like it would have done anyone any good. Finally, 3) Jordan seems to imply in an interview that Jet wasn't comfortable with Jordan's sexuality AND Jet is used to being out in the open so it's possible that Jet was feeling personal boundaries and didn't want to approach any closer.

  3. #163
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3899751;
    They also talk about the line cutting. From Jordan's side he says that it wasn't a big deal: he put his backpack down and was talking to Caite when the line opened and they knew that they were all on the same flight so it sounds to me like it wasn't so much "cut the Cowboys out of the flight" so much as "trying to get better seats" (which didn't end up mattering). IMO if you root for the brothers you'll call "all's fair in a race for a million" and if you root for the Cowboys you'll call it foul play.
    Actually, I'd say "It doesn't really matter - it was a stupid play to begin with" and created animosity IMHO that was unnecessary. Even more so when Brent and Caite got back row seats.

  4. #164
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3899733;
    It seemed like as it went on the tasks got easier and easier...heck, even the speed bumps are too easy. Plus, there was only one Fast Forward or am I wrong about that?
    One fast forward, which I really don't mind too much. First season it was every leg and anyone could get it.

    Speedbumps are easy, so I think they should do a catch - it has to be completed in a certain amount of time (i.e. say that sauerkraut challenge this go where they had to finish by the end of a song) or they get assessed a time penalty.

    Oh... and no more U-Turns where they do a Morse code or speaking in a foreign language as one of the two choices. As much as I have disdain for Joe's actions, I do feel for him and Heidi they lost the race due to something that is tough to translate even when typed in slow.

  5. #165
    ...proud mommy... fougette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    56

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3898314;
    All I can say is the lesbians should understand this is a game and that they lost fair and square getting U-Turned over Brent and Caite. This doesn't mean I condone Caite's attitude toward them (warranted or not - both were at fault for the pissy behavior) however, the action was indeed fair game. Even Joe and Heidi understood that long term with the police officers, and as arrogant as Joe was, I give him respect for that.
    If you watch any of the Elimination Station videos or see those recaps, you'll see how long Joe kept up his grudge about being u-turned, even to the point of agressively asking Michael about it when he & Louie phoned in to the rest of the teams after they were eliminated. I wouldn't say that Joe got over it at all.
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

  6. #166
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3899733;
    It seemed like as it went on the tasks got easier and easier...heck, even the speed bumps are too easy. Plus, there was only one Fast Forward or am I wrong about that?
    I totally agree. That last task that only the cops had to perform was ridiculously easy. It only took a few minutes and consisted of tossing coins through a hole.

  7. #167
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3899751;
    Yeah, apparently (from a Reality TV World interview I'm reading) Dan and the flight attendant hit it off, and he milked it for all it was worth. They didn't spend the whole flight up there, just the last 30 minutes. Jordan goes on at length in the interview about it (noting that the airlines never gave them upgrades which implies that teams were asking) and mentions that he's sure other teams have tried to get operational seat changes in the past but that they got lucky in that the FA and Dan hit it off.

    Even if Jet and Cord had thought of it, it's really not likely they'd have been able to do it.

    They also talk about the line cutting. From Jordan's side he says that it wasn't a big deal: he put his backpack down and was talking to Caite when the line opened and they knew that they were all on the same flight so it sounds to me like it wasn't so much "cut the Cowboys out of the flight" so much as "trying to get better seats" (which didn't end up mattering). IMO if you root for the brothers you'll call "all's fair in a race for a million" and if you root for the Cowboys you'll call it foul play.

    FWIW they also note that all three teams were seated in the very rear of the plane, and that Brent and Caite, who got their tickets first, were in the last row...
    I read that interview, and I got the impression that the brothers were trying to justify their actions by making it appear that this was NO BIG DEAL. I believe that it was Jordan who said that he never really intended to cut in line, but when the ticket window opened, he was standing right there talking to Caite and found himself second in line. So, he proceeded to purchase his ticket. The fact that the cowboys protested didn't seem to bother him.

    There is just one big problem with that story. They showed Jordan saying on tv that he DID intend to cut in line and even said that that was a dirty move on their part. So, I am not buying their new spin on things. Apparently, they have been taking some flake for that move and are "rewriting" how it happened - in hopes that they will look better. Not going to happen.

  8. #168
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by fougette;3899910;
    If you watch any of the Elimination Station videos or see those recaps, you'll see how long Joe kept up his grudge about being u-turned, even to the point of agressively asking Michael about it when he & Louie phoned in to the rest of the teams after they were eliminated. I wouldn't say that Joe got over it at all.
    I'm referring to interviews after they raced. I doubt he'd be over it too that short afterward. And trust me, had he done that had Louie and Michael been in the final three (man I wish they had - Then I'd been OK with any team winning, even if I don't like Caite's behavior), I'd been just as disappointed.

    And, IMHO, Brandy and Carol's is more childish because their U-ie was simpler than Joe and Heidi's.

  9. #169
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3899984;
    I read that interview, and I got the impression that the brothers were trying to justify their actions by making it appear that this was NO BIG DEAL. I believe that it was Jordan who said that he never really intended to cut in line, but when the ticket window opened, he was standing right there talking to Caite and found himself second in line. So, he proceeded to purchase his ticket. The fact that the cowboys protested didn't seem to bother him.

    There is just one big problem with that story. They showed Jordan saying on tv that he DID intend to cut in line and even said that that was a dirty move on their part. So, I am not buying their new spin on things. Apparently, they have been taking some flake for that move and are "rewriting" how it happened - in hopes that they will look better. Not going to happen.
    I expect the truth is right in the middle: we saw him setting his pack down while looking at the sleeping cowboy, so he may have premeditated it or may have just been putting it down so that he could sit on it and talk to Caite but didn't want to wake the cowboy up. Either way, he probably really was was talking to Caite when the ticket window opened, found himself "second in line" and decided to make an issue of it and call it "official". I expect the cowboys' objections made him even more determined to "win" the argument (something we've seen from countless teams on TAR is that desire not to back down on something small -- they're stressed and tired and little triggers can have big effects).

  10. #170
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,547

    Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Going into this episode I really thought I would be fine with either of the male teams winning, but I was wrong. Jordan was such a nasty little twit, not so much in making the move but the attitude with which he made the move to break in line. That showed me a little too much of what lies deep within the skin.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.