+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/9 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetpea
    Regardless, they were all on the same flight. The brothers were smart to ask to be moved up. I would think the others would have seen them go forward with their stuff, and I wonder if either of the other teams asked to do the same. I would think the cameramen would have shown it? If they didn't, that's another mistake that they made because they weren't aggressive enough.

I have to agree with you; however, we don't know the whole story either as far as the teams. It also apparently on the episode (my sound went wonky and my TV has no captions), that Dan and Jordan did this while the others were asleep.

For all we know the others did attempt to do this and were turned down by another flight attendant. It's really a question that needs to be asked, as does if they're allowed to move up to first class in flight if they book coach. I do think however, depending on how much of an advantage occurred (they can check the time codes between the two footages), as well as the fact first can have nice chairs that turn into beds (meaning the teams could be better rested), this rule may be modified to where they cannot get into first class at all.
    I'd love to have that question asked and answered in an interview. It would be obvious that one team was moved even if the others were asleep for awhile. Did the other teams ask to also be moved but were denied or did they not request the move too? Taxi drivers aren't the only ones that can effect the outcome of a leg, flight attendents play huge roles as well...

I totally agree that Jet should have paid attention to Jordan spinning around, and at the same time Cord should have been able to hear the other brother telling him to spin slowly. The cowboys were essentially stuck at that point, not really talking and with ample opportunity to listen. It's not like Dan was whispering. I was yelling at the tv when the cowboys were trying to figure it out...move your head, Jet! move your head!! Ahhh...I guess it was not to be. But the cowboys ran a great race, they ran clean, and they showed exemplary character, IMO, so can indeed hold their heads high. I hope they are asked back if there is another All Star TAR.

Brandy is how much older than Caite? Way to model good behaviour. I highly doubt Brandy will ever admit to her own less-than-stellar behaviour. Caite is young and not too bright, and her behaviour to the cabbie in the last episode was reprehensible...I wish he had kicked her out at the curb...but at least she has time to hopefully mature and grow. Alas, I fear it's too late for Brandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3899299;
    I wish the Cowboys had won also-but what really bugged me was that the brothers were able to use a cheat sheet for the final challenge. It was smart of him to write it down, because they usually have memory games, but they should not have been able to use it.I was hoping for a penalty for that. The final task was too easy and it was disappointing.
    The Cowboys also used a "cheat sheet" on that task. The problem this time was that unlike previous seasons where only one member was the one to solve the puzzle (away from his backpack/stuff) this time it was the two of them and right there with their stuff. If the clue don't say you can't then it's fair game.

The question was answered in an interview, as long as you purchase coach, it is allowed. The cameramen are there the whole time, and they make sure everyone is following the rules. Actually all those years of Jordan watching paid off, they played the game right. and won. Sure some things are questioned, but there is always some ruthlessness involved in a competition. So with that said, the brothers were the strongest team in the final challenge, actually Jet and Cord didnt seem as strong at the end of the race.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I know they had to much class to do it, but I'd have loved to see the cowboy in the virtual reality room bump into the other guy who was blocking his way, and then say, "Oh, I'm sorry. Was that your backpack I just tripped over????"

The interviews are online. Dan and Jordan moved to First Class 30 mins before landing. Jed and Cord didn't think of moving (they regret not thinking about it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3899299;
    I wish the Cowboys had won also-but what really bugged me was that the brothers were able to use a cheat sheet for the final challenge. It was smart of him to write it down, because they usually have memory games, but they should not have been able to use it.I was hoping for a penalty for that. The final task was too easy and it was disappointing.
    ITA that last task was WAY to easy even if they weren't allowed to use notes, and was ridiculous since they were allowed to use notes.

I really think the race needs to have more intellectual challenges, especially on the detours, so that the less physical teams like the older teams and the all female teams have a better chance.

As it's been recently it's almost all about how physically fit you are.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3899560;
    The question was answered in an interview, as long as you purchase coach, it is allowed. The cameramen are there the whole time, and they make sure everyone is following the rules. Actually all those years of Jordan watching paid off, they played the game right. and won. Sure some things are questioned, but there is always some ruthlessness involved in a competition. So with that said, the brothers were the strongest team in the final challenge, actually Jet and Cord didnt seem as strong at the end of the race.
    Even if it was allowed, watch beginning next season the teams will not be allowed to schmooze their way into first class at all and must sit in coach. This would happen probably in order to keep teams from fighting or creating a ruckus for everyone's safety (yes, with this day and age, I can see the plane be stopped and everyone removed for the "Terroristic" behavior. )

It really is an unfair advantage, because as one of them said too in another interview I've read, this alone gave them a 15-minute advantage. While in the end it didn't matter - the team was 25-minutes ahead of Jet and Cord, it does factor in that this could've been a much closer race.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3899691;
    ITA that last task was WAY to easy even if they weren't allowed to use notes, and was ridiculous since they were allowed to use notes.

I really think the race needs to have more intellectual challenges, especially on the detours, so that the less physical teams like the older teams and the all female teams have a better chance.

As it's been recently it's almost all about how physically fit you are.
    It seemed like as it went on the tasks got easier and easier...heck, even the speed bumps are too easy. Plus, there was only one Fast Forward or am I wrong about that?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You know, Brandy is an actress. While I don't doubt we saw her own personality here I'm wondering if she cranked it up to earn a "villian" image. Maybe she wants to be recruited as an Omarosa type on other shows.

+ Reply to Thread